Predator: Hunting Grounds Is Released Today!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 24, 2020, 09:33:46 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Is Released Today! (Read 12,492 times)

Kailem

Still want people to hop on? I'm online now if you want/need an extra player.

SteveC484

the plasma caster is nasty once you get the hang of it

bendinglight

Quote from: SteveC484 on Apr 24, 2020, 09:46:06 PM

The shoulder variety or the hand-held version? I find it pretty ineffective unless players are standing still (which besides the AI, they don't).

Quote from: GreybackElder on Apr 24, 2020, 06:56:14 PM
I hope the queue to play as the predator gets fixed. I've been waiting for 10 minutes.  Other than that it's okay. My pc craps out a little when action gets crazy and it's freezes up. I don't know if this is a GPU issue or an internet issue. Is everyone else experiencing this??

Agreed - I consistently have to wait around 15 minutes to get matched with players.

SteveC484

Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 24, 2020, 10:06:40 PM

The shoulder variety or the hand-held version? I find it pretty ineffective unless players are standing still (which besides the AI, they don't).

I hope the queue to play as the predator gets fixed. I've been waiting for 10 minutes.  Other than that it's okay. My pc craps out a little when action gets crazy and it's freezes up. I don't know if this is a GPU issue or an internet issue. Is everyone else experiencing this??

Agreed - I consistently have to wait around 15 minutes to get matched with players.

The shoulder. Hold it to charge it to max before you aim at them. Then put the dots on them just before you release. Instantly puts the down.

bendinglight

Quote from: SteveC484 on Apr 24, 2020, 10:29:11 PM
Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 24, 2020, 10:06:40 PM

The shoulder. Hold it to charge it to max before you aim at them. Then put the dots on them just before you release. Instantly puts the down.

Gotcha - thanks for the tip!

SteveC484

Anyone else sometimes have a hard times finding the fire team as Pred? Once and a while I just can't find them for 2/3rds of the match. Not sure if I'm getting turned around traveling or what. As fire team sometimes I go the whole match without seeing the Pred. Think they need to add something in so it's easier to track. It benefits both sides because who as the fire team really want to play without Pred interaction?

bendinglight

Quote from: SteveC484 on Apr 24, 2020, 11:55:44 PM
Anyone else sometimes have a hard times finding the fire team as Pred? Once and a while I just can't find them for 2/3rds of the match. Not sure if I'm getting turned around traveling or what. As fire team sometimes I go the whole match without seeing the Pred. Think they need to add something in so it's easier to track. It benefits both sides because who as the fire team really want to play without Pred interaction?

Have you tried doing a target isolation? That shows a red circle/blob on your screen of where the direction that the fire team is located.

Starting a private match if anyone wants to join.

SteveC484

Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 24, 2020, 11:58:00 PM

Have you tried doing a target isolation? That shows a red circle/blob on your screen of where the direction that the fire team is located.

yeah i use that but then I lose them occasionally.

SuperiorIronman

Just played a match and lost the fireteam. My solution since I was familiar with the maps having played the trial was to search the main locations since you can maneuver way more ground as the Predator. The fireteam should stop in at least one of them so it's only a matter of finding out where they're holding out.

Still getting used to the plasmacaster but I find that during the fire-fights it's best to actually send some low powered shots rather than a full charge because they can't take cover typically from you and the A.I. Even if you miss they're still getting shot and running through stims and healthpacks so it really is best to stay on them during those situations even if it is tempting to get the free kills on the A.I.

Kailem

Quote from: SteveC484 on Apr 25, 2020, 12:15:41 AM
Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 24, 2020, 11:58:00 PM

yeah i use that but then I lose them occasionally.

Since they delayed the amount of time until you can use of the target scan at the beginning of a match now, if everyone on the fire team muds up as soon as it begins then by the time your scan is available you won't get that red dot.

It has to be the full team since if even one person isn't covered in mud you'll get that big red dot showing you where they are, but if a team knows what they're doing it can often take longer to find them as a result.

GreybackElder

Playing as a pred is WAY HARDER than I anticipated! Getting floored by the fireteams. lol.

bendinglight

Quote from: GreybackElder on Apr 25, 2020, 02:00:42 AM
Playing as a pred is WAY HARDER than I anticipated! Getting floored by the fireteams. lol.

haha same here :)

SuperiorIronman

So about the Elder Sword...,

I really like it.
The Predator has a perk which boosts melee damage strength so if you rush the enemy you can get in some quick kills with it. The Fireteam is conditioned to look up since the Predator primarily uses the trees to travel so rushing someone on the ground or getting in a swipe while they're running away is always good.

Just ran a match doing that and I really like it. Also anybody notice the Predator's laughter going 150% at the end? What I mean is I can't tell if it was someones mic or the Predator because the laugh went from a laugh to "AAAAUGGGHHHHH" right at the explosion and I've never been prouder of this thing overacting. Currently it seems pretty common for the Predator to nuke everybody but I think I have my favorite self-destruct now.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

I have a feeling we are going to get Dutch as a playable marine dlc. Arnold did voice overs for the game not too long ago. If that's the case I can't wait. Wow to have Jungle Hunter back and Dutch, that's pure awesomeness. I hope we get major Dutch

SteveC484

SteveC484

The Predator really needs some help in some way. He's losing seven or eight out of ten matches easy.

edit: I've tried with melee perks and long range perks. A fireteam that sticks together is just too strong. Predator needs more health and strength.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed