Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 114,287 times)

zuzuki

there isn't any goo in those pods people.if the first alien didn't had any,then this movie won't have it eitherthey have to preserve the continuity.that's just light in those pods.nothing else

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: zuzuki on Aug 03, 2011, 07:37:55 PM
if the first alien didn't had any,then this movie won't have it eitherthey have to preserve the continuity.

Tech evolves or changes

maddriver

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Aug 03, 2011, 07:40:49 PM
Quote from: zuzuki on Aug 03, 2011, 07:37:55 PM
if the first alien didn't had any,then this movie won't have it eitherthey have to preserve the continuity.

Tech evolves or changes

It evolves in sequels (Alien to Aliens or Alien 3 to Resurrection). But in a prequel?

On the contrary, the technology in Prometheus should be less advanced than the one in Alien. Although it seems to be otherwise.

JaaayDee

It's also 2011.

maddriver

maddriver

Quote from: JaaayDee on Aug 03, 2011, 08:33:42 PM
It's also 2011.

Yes, but continuity should be their main concern. Of course, it is the same issue with the Star Wars prequels, where the technology is more advanced than in the original trilogy. I understand that times change, but if you're doing a prequel at least TRY to make the new tech blend-in somehow and make sense, rather than just dumping it on screen. Newer audience won't notice, but these movies are made first of all for those who saw the original movie(s).

We're watching a movie here, the story, the universe. It has to make sense so that it doesn't look 'fake'. It's about the atmosphere.

JaaayDee

They've already implemented some of Alien in there.  The room where fassbender is walking in looks pretty old school.

And keep in mind that the Prometheus ship is a different working-class ship than the Nostromo.  I wouldn't even call it a working-class ship.  It's a ship made for scientists and explorers so it would be at the VERY top of the line. 

wmmvrrvrrmm

I think that the one where they're all together in a small chamber and they have their helmets on takes place in one of the wheeled vehicles

maddriver

Quote from: JaaayDee on Aug 03, 2011, 09:18:05 PM
They've already implemented some of Alien in there.  The room where fassbender is walking in looks pretty old school.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/Prometheus/162b028d8fbacc707c6a_2.jpg

And keep in mind that the Prometheus ship is a different working-class ship than the Nostromo.  I wouldn't even call it a working-class ship.  It's a ship made for scientists and explorers so it would be at the VERY top of the line.

Here I agree with you.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: maddriver on Aug 03, 2011, 06:26:18 PM
But is there any proof that the ships in the Alien franchise have FTL travel capabilities?

The fact that they make voyages of several dozen lightyears in months or weeks.

irn

Quote from: maddriver on Aug 03, 2011, 08:36:34 PM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Aug 03, 2011, 08:33:42 PM
It's also 2011.

Yes, but continuity should be their main concern. Of course, it is the same issue with the Star Wars prequels, where the technology is more advanced than in the original trilogy. I understand that times change, but if you're doing a prequel at least TRY to make the new tech blend-in somehow and make sense, rather than just dumping it on screen. Newer audience won't notice, but these movies are made first of all for those who saw the original movie(s).

We're watching a movie here, the story, the universe. It has to make sense so that it doesn't look 'fake'. It's about the atmosphere.

Exactly. The Nostromo is like an oil rig whereas this ship is like a high-tech research lab.

AnthonyWC70788

Yeah it is two different kinds of ships completely. One was miners (Alien 1979) and now this one is of really explorers. Being explorers like some of the possible spoilers are saying about archeology dig in which they find some map or heroglyphs and all that. And Noomi saying her character was a scientist that is passionate about what she is trying to discover or prove. A mining ship would be out there constantly and dirty or whatever and this ship would have been probably made just for that mission only, to go and explore or follow a map to somewhere you know... Anthony

zuzuki

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/Prometheus/162b028d8fbacc707c6a_2.jpg

when we are talking interiors and different gadgets yes.but cryopods?i think those are pretty standard if you do faster then light.they can't have newer tehnology cryopods 30 years before the first film.

and also remember aliens?it is set 70 years after the first movie .it has a military vessel,wich theoretically should use the latest in tehnology and be very fast.it still didn't have jelly in the pods.i still say that in those screens there is only light.

people only make the asumption it is goo because we saw the goo in the eggs and started fantasizing about it.it's stupid.also the pics we have are low quality.the contrast in them is bad.the colours are off.when we'll se the actual detailed footage are doubts will be resolved

maddriver

I also remember the Pods from Resurrection (the hijacked ones). They had no goo inside either.
They might be right - they are doing the Event Horizon thing, I'm fine with that.

The thing is that the alien jars seem to have green goo inside. And those people are covered in green goo. So I don't know, it just seems to be the same thing.

AnthonyWC70788

Quote from: zuzuki on Aug 03, 2011, 10:20:48 PM

when we are talking interiors and different gadgets yes.but cryopods?i think those are pretty standard if you do faster then light.they can't have newer tehnology cryopods 30 years before the first film.

and also remember aliens?it is set 70 years after the first movie .it has a military vessel,wich theoretically should use the latest in tehnology and be very fast.it still didn't have jelly in the pods.i still say that in those screens there is only light.

people only make the asumption it is goo because we saw the goo in the eggs and started fantasizing about it.it's stupid.also the pics we have are low quality.the contrast in them is bad.the colours are off.when we'll se the actual detailed footage are doubts will be resolved

I see what you are saying. But why would the goo be newer tech? If anything I think that the goo would be a step backward. Why have to clean goo off when you can just get out and be alright you know. Are they really going that much faster then the other movies, I would think it is about the same especially since this movie is basically a prequel. Plus in Alien and Aliens when they get out of the tubes they are groggy yes, but not like we think that one picture shows where it looks as if they have just awoken and one of them is falling down to their knees you know.

So yes I would think the goo is a step backwards in tech.

But I can also see where you think it is just lighting. Remember this movie is being filmed in 3D so this could be something they did to enhance the look you know... Anthony

Deuterium

Although it appears to be a conceit within some sci-fi novels as well as films...employing liquid or gel to suspend your body will do NOTHING to help protect you from excessive g-loads.  Your internal organs, circulatory system, connective tissues, etc. will all experience the extra g's, which will kill you slowly (at extended low g's) or very, very quickly (at high g's).  Air Force G-suits use air pressure to constrict lower extremities of a pilot's body in order to try to keep the blood from draining from the brain.  Even so, modern G-suits only play a minor part in preventing "G-LOC"...with the greater contribution coming from the pilot's physical training, and specifically the "G-Strain" technique.  Nevertheless, accelerations of 6-9 g's can only be sustained physically for a matter of seconds.

What would make sense, from a technical/scientific standpoint, would be using a liquid gel to prevent pressure ulcers (bed sores) forming in crew members who are in suspended animation.  By the way, bed sores (if untreated) will ultimately lead to infection, tissue necrosis and eventually death.  The only real solution in preventing such conditions in humans who would be immobile for long durations, would be complete immersion AND suspension in a liquid, in order to achieve a floating, neutral buoyancy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed