Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 76,231 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 23, 2020, 11:45:48 PM
Lexapro really increases the effects of alcohol.

I understood that it is a bad idea to drink alcohol when you are taking psychiatric medications.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 24, 2020, 02:59:37 AM

I understood that it is a bad idea to drink alcohol when you are taking psychiatric medications.

It certainly did me no favors.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2020, 03:10:11 AM

It certainly did me no favors.

I used to take antidepressants, and my doctor and family put a lot of emphasis on it.

Gr33n M4n

True. That's why I get buzzed after only two beers.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I have no real friends and barely have a social life. I don't have social anxiety, but I prefer to be alone. But sometimes I hate being alone. I had this girl hit on me once and I just let her go because of it. My parents are worried and feel sorry for me because they want better for me.

Local Trouble

It's okay to be an introvert.  Extroverts have a hard time understanding us though.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 28, 2020, 07:04:09 AM
I have no real friends and barely have a social life. I don't have social anxiety, but I prefer to be alone. But sometimes I hate being alone. I had this girl hit on me once and I just let her go because of it. My parents are worried and feel sorry for me because they want better for me.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 28, 2020, 07:23:49 AM
It's okay to be an introvert.  Extroverts have a hard time understanding us though.

As an introvert, let me tell you that there's nothing wrong with that shit, but getting a social hobby you can engage with on your own terms (ie; just once a month or so, or only on days you feel like it) will also do you a world of good.

Immortan Jonesy

Xeno Killer 2179

I'm having serious concerns about my ability to manage chronic pain and my future. If I lose the ability to walk long enough to help with stress, I will have to figure something out.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I have no real friends and barely have a social life.

I'm kind of like that too.

I have gotten really antisocial since my teens but yet I still manage to be quite social and get along with people easily when I have to go out, but most relationships don't seem to evolve much to the point I see them in the daily basis, I got friends I can count on, but we barely see each other now.

We talk most of the time online, last time we saw each other was on my birthday last month, not sure if we will see each other this year again.

I don't have social anxiety, but I prefer to be alone. But sometimes I hate being alone.

Oh I know how that's like.

I had this girl hit on me once and I just let her go because of it.

You might regret later on missing those opportunities.

My parents are worried and feel sorry for me because they want better for me.

Parents can only do so much. Its more about what you can and want to do.

Its like we are aliens. Its disappointing how people have such trouble to understand those that enjoy different things than them. They seems to really believe that everyone can only be happy by being like them, such arrogance. Stuff like that only pushes introvert away from extroverts, gets in the away of finding a balance between.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 28, 2020, 09:34:07 AM
As an introvert, let me tell you that there's nothing wrong with that shit, but getting a social hobby you can engage with on your own terms (ie; just once a month or so, or only on days you feel like it) will also do you a world of good.

Yeah this, extreme is bad, finding a good balance for yourself will do good.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 04, 2020, 01:54:54 AMIts like we are aliens. Its disappointing how people have such trouble to understand those that enjoy different things than them. They seems to really believe that everyone can only be happy by being like them, such arrogance. Stuff like that only pushes introvert away from extroverts, gets in the away of finding a balance between.

The best way to describe it. I've come to think that I was left by a UFO, and I was raised by humans!  :laugh:

But leaving jokes aside, I know the arrogance you're talking about. I come from a family of extroverts! my mother can varely understand me in the best way she can. My mother's husband once told me "maybe you should stop being ... err ... you know ... so unique in order to interact better with people". One of my college classmates told me "I don't know, it's hard to understand whatever is on your mind, but I do my best".  Of course he was the type of person who even talks to plants. In fact, he had a hard time during quarantine, because he loves to socialize all the time.

People have thought that I am autistic, drug addict, satanic, crazy, strange, bitter, etc  😂

Edit: I've missed many romantic opportunities due to my introverted personality   :'(

Gr33n M4n

The advantage to being an introvert is that we're used to being quarantined and socially distancing  :D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 04, 2020, 03:13:58 AM

Edit: I've missed many romantic opportunities due to my introverted personality   :'(

I'm so introverted I literally don't notice when I'm being hit on.

Local Trouble

I can only tolerate other people in a social setting if I drink myself stupid.  The problem then becomes my complete loss of inhibitions and tendency to give voice to my opinions of them.

Sometimes they think I'm kidding and just laugh it off.

Now that I don't drink, I don't socialize anymore.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 05, 2020, 08:17:49 AM
I can only tolerate other people in a social setting if I drink myself stupid.  The problem then becomes my complete loss of inhibitions and tendency to give voice to my opinions of them.

Sometimes they think I'm kidding and just laugh it off.

Now that I don't drink, I don't socialize anymore.

The struggle is real.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed