Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 76,484 times)

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 04, 2020, 11:52:19 PM
You have anxiety even with all the pumping you do?

What kind of pumping are we talking about ;D

Samhain13

Samhain13

Don't fall for the bait.

But in my case its all kinds.

Local Trouble

Day and night.  It's terrific.

Xeno Killer 2179

I have nightmares of inpatient stays and of being on crippling meds. The system has hurt far more than it has helped, and I know I would be better off it either didn't exist or was never a part of my life. I'm currently in a nightmarish situation in which I was greatly wronged, and can't even talk about it to anyone due to legalities that are out of my hands.

Gr33n M4n

Lexapro helps me with anxiety and negative thoughts. But sometimes I feel....nothing. It's like my mind is clouded, or somewhere else.

Xeno Killer 2179

Nothingness is also an issue for me. After months of SSRI I forgot what it's like to possess an emotional range at all. After stopping, I felt like how Christian Bale looked in Equilibrium. Both profound and upsetting.

Gr33n M4n

Is it better to feel some pain than nothing at all?

Xeno Killer 2179

As long as there is no possibility of hell (infinite suffering) I say it is better to exist than not to. Doesn't mean the whole thing is gonna run flawlessly or even be comprehensible, though.

Gr33n M4n

Does anxiety/depression affect your sleep? My Dr got me on Melatonin. It's natural and your brain produces it to tell you that it's time to sleep.

Xeno Killer 2179

Melatonin worked good for only a short while. Even if I take it months or years after not having any, it's not like the first few months on it. I'm an insomniac but anxiety/depression doesn't really make it worse, so there's that.

Gr33n M4n

I've only been on it for a short while. It does help, but I'm a night owl. I feel more relaxed in the shroud of night.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Nov 07, 2020, 04:14:43 AM
Melatonin worked good for only a short while. Even if I take it months or years after not having any, it's not like the first few months on it. I'm an insomniac but anxiety/depression doesn't really make it worse, so there's that.

Have you tried Valerian for anxiety?  To help you sleep take two, then take a Melatonin about 20 minutes later.  Hope this helps you  :)

[cancerblack]

I take melatonin for about a week, about twice a year. Seems to be enough to balance my sleep out for that period.

Gr33n M4n

I hate when you feel like you're not in control of your own destiny. Like everything is predetermined and you have to live with it.

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 10, 2020, 07:20:23 PM
I hate when you feel like you're not in control of your own destiny. Like everything is predetermined and you have to live with it.
Or when you have a series of profound and drawn out bad luck and don't feel it's going to go away.

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Nov 10, 2020, 01:09:43 PM
Have you tried Valerian for anxiety?  To help you sleep take two, then take a Melatonin about 20 minutes later.  Hope this helps you  :)
I have not. The melatonin I took that worked had some kind of stress relief extra in it that worked good, but the melatonin I find now is only melatonin and too big a dose, and does not work at all for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed