Alien Bestiary

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Feb 17, 2021, 04:36:09 PM

Author
Alien Bestiary (Read 2,429 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just felt like writing this today may add further information to it in future, if you want add your own stuff but I request you cite your source, whether it is an official one or yourself.

Stage I
(Ovomorph) Egg.

Stage II
(Manumala noxhydria) Facehugger.

Stage III
(Plagiarus Preapotens) Chestburster.

Stage IV
P. Praepotens (Drone) Lurker:
Bipedal adult, with a smooth chitinous translucent carapace, biomechanical exoskeleton and four symmetrical dorsal tube like protrusions with often a distinct pointed central fifth and a tail ending in a single blade, born from a human.
2.4 meters tall upright.
Spoiler
Also claims it is able to:
Cause ovomorphing with it's barb toxin.
[close]

P. Praepotens (Runner) Scout:
Quadrupedal adult, with a smooth chitinous translucent carapace, biomechanical exoskeleton and a tail ending in a large blade, born from a animal.
2.1 meters tall upright.
Spoiler
Also claims it does:
Traverse walls and ceilings faster with greater efficiency.
[close]

Stage V
P. Praepotens (Warrior) Soldier:
Bipedal adult, with a ridged chitinous opaque carapace and developed extremities with nails replaced with claws, biomechanical exoskeleton and four symmetrical dorsal tube like protrusions with often a distinct pointed central fifth and a tail ending in a single blade, developed from a Lurker.
2.4 meters tall upright.
Spoiler
Also claims it is able to:
Cause paralysis with it's barb toxin.
[close]

P. Praepotens (Defender) Sentry:
Quadrupedal adult, with a ridged chitinous opaque carapace and developed extremities with nails replaced with claws, biomechanical exoskeleton and a tail ending in a large blade, developed from a Scout.
2.1 meters tall upright.
Spoiler
Also claims it does:
Now develop dorsal tube like protrusions, with no description of their appearance or number, though whether visible by Stage five or Stage six remains unknown.
[close]

Stage VI
(P. Praepotens) Praetorian Guard: Bipedal Praetorian, developed from a Soldier.
(P. Praepotens) Praetorian Charger: Quadrupedal Praetorian, developed from a Sentry.
(P. Praepotens) Queen.

Source: Alien The RPG.

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

Is preapotens and noxhydria the stuff that was introduced in The Cold Forge book?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Correct the terms do first appear with Alien The Cold Forge and carried on in Alex White's Alien Into Charybdis, Alien The RPG and it's continuations, and also other new media such as Scott Sigler's Phalanx.

The RPG Corebook also introduces "Plagiarus Linesteres" to distinguish and, describe the, Praetomorph or Stalker from Alien Covenant.

Although it does not bother distinguishing between varieties of Eggs and Facehuggers and Chestbursters much, apart from describing appearance, and noting the additional abilities of the Royalty.

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

I haven't gotten to Phalanx and Into Charybdis yet, but I didn't care for all of the new stuff about the facehugger biology that was introduced in The Cold Forge. But if it's in the next books and the RPG then I guess that's the way it will be going forward  :(

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Working on my takes on the stage 4, 5 and 6 variants as miniatures. Limitations/aesthetic choices based on the Prodos gear I'm working with, I'll write off as local strain variation.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Feb 26, 2021, 10:26:28 PM

I am glad but, pity to hear you do not care for the idea, I think it's perfectly in line with Alien's main themes.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I really dig that aspect of TCF. It ties everything  in nicely with the black goo and AC.

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

I will keep an open mind as I go through the next several books and see how it goes. Always open to more explanations and new ideas. Hopefully it will grow on me as we go along.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Interesting, is there any more indepth info about the Plagiarus Linesteres? And whether its a progenitor or a different variant altogether, also it is the precursor, when and how did Plagiarus Linesteres become Plagiarus Preapotens.

I know Covenant tells us David created the Alien, but I am curious on what the RPG's take on the lore is.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I am sorry but it does not say.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Darn, I would have been a buffet of information.

So what does it all say exactly if I may ask?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Apart from what I already listed? Only that the Praetomorph appears to have no further forms so far.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Well it will be interesting to see if there is. From what the movie shows, they don't seem to be the ideal "perfect organism".  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed