NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,114 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'm fine with different races of Yautja like humans, but like humans, Yautja should all have the same darn jawbone structure.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

god dammit Voodoo leave my boy alone!

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

What Predator is that? I've never seen it before.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I think it was brought up on one of the NECA figurines that Scar's clan comes from a mountainous region of Yaujta Prime which explained the size. Now I don't put that much stock in NECA's backstories, but I'm a bit hesitant to not now seeing as we now know Fox did have some semblance of an internal continuity though apparently it is affected by the reboot cutoff date.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 14, 2020, 12:49:54 AM
I think it was brought up on one of the NECA figurines that Scar's clan comes from a mountainous region of Yaujta Prime which explained the size.

They called it The Isolated Clan. They were from a very cold environment, much different from Yautja Prime. As we see on our own world, animals living in colder climates are typically bigger to generate more body heat.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Oh that Neca FanFiction.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 14, 2020, 11:55:45 AM
Oh that Neca FanFiction.

True, but AvP itself is fan-fiction. I still like NECA's backstory though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 14, 2020, 12:28:39 AM
god dammit Voodoo leave my boy alone!

:D

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 14, 2020, 11:55:45 AM
Oh that Neca FanFiction.

Don't forget those Lost Predator wacky time-traveling adventures!

Oh NECA!

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Honestly I feel like the back of the NECA packages tell a better AVP story than AVP did.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

Still Collating...

I find their backstories very fun, in a comic book kinda way, but it works for me.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I think it was brought up on one of the NECA figurines that Scar's clan comes from a mountainous region of Yaujta Prime which explained the size. Now I don't put that much stock in NECA's backstories, but I'm a bit hesitant to not now seeing as we now know Fox did have some semblance of an internal continuity though apparently it is affected by the reboot cutoff date.
According to Andrew Garza, author of the "Predator bible" internal document that FOX uses, the NECA backstories are "officially canon".

I mean, feel free to ignore them if you think they're dumb (I happen to think they're neat).

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 13, 2020, 11:58:38 PM
I like the idea of Predators coming in different shades and sizes. Whether its dread length or tusk size. Some things shouldn't change though. The Super-Predators looked way to different but it's explained that they are a sub-species of yautja. Sort of like Humans and Neanderthals.
Not just a sub-species, a sub-species that had been actively genetically altering themselves.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 08, 2020, 03:59:40 AM
According to Andrew Garza, author of the "Predator bible" internal document that FOX uses, the NECA backstories are "officially canon".

Tell me more about this Andrew Garza.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 08, 2020, 03:59:40 AM

I mean, feel free to ignore them if you think they're dumb (I happen to think they're neat).

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 13, 2020, 11:58:38 PM
I like the idea of Predators coming in different shades and sizes. Whether its dread length or tusk size. Some things shouldn't change though. The Super-Predators looked way to different but it's explained that they are a sub-species of yautja. Sort of like Humans and Neanderthals.
Not just a sub-species, a sub-species that had been actively genetically altering themselves.

Wow,  :oI´ve never thought that Fox had some kind of guide or "bible" for the Predator lore. BTW, do you have a source or link which confirm that?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I'm hesitant to count Neca backstories in its entirety since the cards can be contradictory, who is Andrew Garza?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Inquiring minds want to know!

Who is Andrew Garza?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed