Alien 3 - Third Cut enhanced re-edit by 15Maf

Started by BringbackJonesy!, Jun 28, 2019, 03:59:18 PM

Author
Alien 3 - Third Cut enhanced re-edit by 15Maf (Read 41,583 times)

Corporal Hicks

I remember my Dad telling me how crap Alien 3 was, when I wanted to move onto it after I finally watched Aliens through completely. But ever since that first viewing, I've always enjoyed it. I just appreciated it even more knowing the troubled production. That history makes it even more impressive that there's something enjoyable within it.

SM

I find that to be a bit of a cop out.

The end product is what it is and I dig it in spite of the many problems; but I don't pretend it's some masterpiece.

But then I think Star Trek V is under-rated too (and that also had a stack of production problems).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't call it a masterpiece either. There's a helluva lot of good in Alien 3. Thomson and Fincher's style (I certainly emulated Thomson a lot in college), Goldenthal's score is my favourite, Weaver is fantastic in that film, so are most of the cast who get put in front of the camera to speak, creature design, etc, that film just doesn't stand up to either of the first two on an objective level. But I'd never call it bad.

It's been a long time since I saw FF, but I remember it being one of the ones I just don't have interest in revisiting when I'm in a Trek mood (which to be fair, is a lot of the time).

SM

I stumbled across all the Trek flicks on a local streaming service and have been watching them in sequence.  Final Frontier still has the best Kirk/ Spock/ McCoy dynamic of any of the films.  The premise is sound, there's just a lot of clunky stuff in it.  "We can't go through the Great Barrier!  We'll be destroyed!  Oh... that was simple.  Nevermind."  Finding God - even a false one - should've posed more trials than Mr Scott smacking his head against a pipe.

Not sure if Goldenthal's soundtrack is my favourite, but it's certainly brilliant.

SiL

Do you mean Stan? I've been meaning to catch up on them.

Voodoo Magic

Umm excuse me?

What does God need with a starship?

:laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

What do i normally say in a situation like this?

#F**kGiler lmao

SM

Quote from: SiL on Mar 20, 2020, 11:35:50 AM
Do you mean Stan? I've been meaning to catch up on them.

Yep.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I wanna watch this edit/cut so bad as A3 is my favorite Alien movie next to ALIEN. According to me the rest of the Alien series don't even compare to these two movies.

A3 has by faaaar the best score and soundtrack out of all the Alien movies (Prometheus included); the aesthetics, shots, light and angles are exquisite and the acting is stellar while the dialogue is definitely at or above par (despite the overuse of the F-word) and I'd say that A3 has some of the most touching/emotional scenes, with Sigorney Weaver's acting being greater than ever. The symbolisms, the concepts etc. together with the brutal yet poetic and tormented cathartic tone just makes A3 an amazing movie despite its severely troubled production.

Sure, the creature effects and special effects are at times quite iffy to say the least (as in bad), and there are a few glaring plot holes that definitely can ruin it for you if you choose to focus on them (such as the Sulaco Egg, or whether the Alien originated from Spike or an ox etc.) - I'm not going to deny that - but claiming that A3 is a hopeless mess with no prospects of redemption is pure and utter BS.

A3 is aging like fine wine (...with bits of cork in bottle).

Corporal Hicks

And snip. I'm sick to death of people picking at each other. You aren't always going to like each, other peoples opinions, or their personalities or etc. But this is supposed to be somewhere to come and escape the crap of the real world. Please just act with some modicum of respect. When you start doing stuff like this, it makes it not an escape for me, and it's really tiring.

Schaefer

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 30, 2020, 12:20:05 AM
I wanna watch this edit/cut so bad as A3 is my favorite Alien movie next to ALIEN. According to me the rest of the Alien series don't even compare to these two movies.

A3 has by faaaar the best score and soundtrack out of all the Alien movies (Prometheus included); the aesthetics, shots, light and angles are exquisite and the acting is stellar while the dialogue is definitely at or above par (despite the overuse of the F-word) and I'd say that A3 has some of the most touching/emotional scenes, with Sigorney Weaver's acting being greater than ever. The symbolisms, the concepts etc. together with the brutal yet poetic and tormented cathartic tone just makes A3 an amazing movie despite its severely troubled production.

Sure, the creature effects and special effects are at times quite iffy to say the least (as in bad), and there are a few glaring plot holes that definitely can ruin it for you if you choose to focus on them (such as the Sulaco Egg, or whether the Alien originated from Spike or an ox etc.) - I'm not going to deny that - but claiming that A3 is a hopeless mess with no prospects of redemption is pure and utter BS.

I couldnt have said it better!
You speak from my soul  :laugh:

BringbackJonesy!

I wanna watch this edit/cut so bad as A3 is my favorite Alien movie next to ALIEN.

Well you're in luck.  Check your PMs.

Voodoo Magic

I feel the same way about AvP Requiem!!  Who's with me?!

* waits and listens *

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 30, 2020, 06:59:06 PM

I feel the same way about AvP Requiem!!  Who's with me?!

* waits and listens *

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed