First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,549 times)

Russ840

I'd put money on the OG black and white.

426Buddy

I would guess B&W as well. The art looked stunning in the Fancy Pantz hardcover that Darkhorse released in B&W

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, it would be silly at alter the original black and white artwork.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Alien fan on Aug 20, 2020, 12:47:41 PM
I bet since Marvel has the rights to the Alien and Predator comics from Dark Horses that they're gonna edit all the swearing and probably even water down the gore too since Marvel is basically for kids and for us adults who grew up in the late 80s into the 90s collecting the Alien and Predator comics from Dark Horses.

I see this a lot online and it only proves to me that nobody is actually reading what they put on shelves. Here's a few examples of what Marvel does to an Avenger every month.
(Cover for Immortal Hulk)

Aside from that and how Xemnu eats, over in the Spider-man books they had Carnage ripping people's spines out and when he wasn't doing it his buddies (one of them a deformed Spider-man clone) was doing it.

Hank Pym (currently Ultron) also now lopks like this)

I think I have enough images so to sum up why the gore statement is dumb. But aside from that, Deadpool does this shit on the regular and Captain America was recently replaced with a Nazi doppelganger of himself who'd been CAPTAIN AMERICA for about a year or so. The violence is present and Marvel despite being owned by Disney is ballsy enough to do this and all the images here are from books more or less within the last 5 years or so.

Russ840

Immortal Hulk is so F***ing fantastic

Gentleman Death

For someone who's just recently started reading and collecting the books and comics, this is great news! There's so many different variants and I had a hard time choosing which route to go. I did pick up the first two volumes of the omnibus Aliens comics but will wait for these releases.

Rambo

Rambo

I wouldn't mind if they got through all of their omnibus releases of existing content before producing new material. Not sure what their norm is, but I expect a deluge of issues, crossovers and variants once they start that train.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah the Marvel Omnibus collections, at least the ones I've seen, always start with the issue cover prior to the start of each issue. Not sure how they handle variants, since the ones I've read are older comics that predate variant editions really being the norm.

Russ840

Alternate covers are usually collected in a gallery in the rear of the book.

judge death

As I got all omnibious books from Dark horse I dont really see any reason to buy this, and witht he essential books 1 and 2 I have the stories in this marvel colection already in bigger size. Colonial marines were in one of these dark horse collections too, so besides countdown story which I dont have much info about, what am I missing?

Russ840

It's not colonial marines that collected here.

It's the Kenner comics

Darwinsgirl

Wasn't there a mini comic published with an ALIEN portfolio? I may be remembering this wrong but I think so. I know I own it but where in storage I have no idea.

Perfect-Organism

I'm actually pretty excited about Countdown and Alien 3.  While I'm all for seeing a new film replacing Alien 3 as a continuation to Aliens, I do like Alien 3 and I certainly liked the comic adaptation.  I always felt it was regrettable that the 3 comics comprising Alien 3 were never released as a single volume.  I still hope that will happen some day, and it would be preferred than this omnibus.  Omnibi are tough to read due to their weight.

judge death

Alien 3, isnt that the alien 3 comic adaptation of the movie?

Rambo

Rambo

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Aug 20, 2020, 07:38:53 PM

Wasn't there a mini comic published with an ALIEN portfolio? I may be remembering this wrong but I think so. I know I own it but where in storage I have no idea.
Yes, and I believe that was the same short story included in DHP #24, which is a part of this Omnibus. That one has been re releases many times in various collections in addition to the mini comic you mentioned. It's a cool tie-in to the original series, very glad it's being included.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed