RIP Bill Paxton

Started by Hubbs, Feb 26, 2017, 03:35:53 PM

Author
RIP Bill Paxton (Read 36,639 times)

DwayneHicks

DwayneHicks

I am going to watch Aliens in honor of  Bill Paxton.

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

RIP Hudson.

dmilp

dmilp

this is depressing!

Infected

Infected

Oh my f**king god!!!!!

Is it check out time for all the good people???

I cant believe this... rest in peace childhood friend!

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Ah this f**king sucks.

The amount of times I impersonated his "GAME OVER- MAN" line (ALIENS), "this guy is a few cans short of a 6 pack" (TERMINATOR) is too many to count.

So many great movies and so many great memories.

- TERMINATOR
- ALIENS
- PREDATOR 2
- TRUE LIES
- APOLLO 13
- TWISTER
- TITANIC
- U-571* (*under-rated WW2 Submarine film from director who would later do TERMINATOR-3)

Of course he'll always be known as HUDSON the "ultimate bad-ass". Never forget the birtday party when my Father painted a generic lead space marine figure (which looked like Hudson) with the looney toons eyes on his back as a Birthday cake decoration.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Someone fetch the man his slippers. :( RIP Bill

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I came out of the cinema and my phone kept buzzing with messages about this. Completely unexpected and absolutely devastated. It was bad enough we lost John not long ago, now we lose Bill. He was only 61.  :'(

I had the chance to meet him a couple of years back and he was wonderful. His booth was just so busy and he had a smile on his face the whole time. Such a gent.

Here are some lovely words from Charles -

QuoteI crossed paths with Bill Paxton a couple times over the years, with our most memorable encounter being the day I interviewed him for my documentary SUPERIOR FIREPOWER: MAKING ALIENS, which was followed by a roundtable cast commentary with Michael Biehn, Jenette Goldstein and Lance Henriksen. What I immediately noticed was his fierce protection of the other actors and an enormous sense of pride in their work as a tightly-knit ensemble. As the commentary got a little loose and boozy, he always tried to keep things respectful, only occasionally dipping into the more jocular tone of the others. Basically, on this day, he was the straight man. The exact opposite of his famously quotable character, Hudson. Even afterwards, he pulled me aside to make sure that I wouldn't embarrass anyone by including some of the more off-color commentary recorded that day. I was a little concerned that he was going to be just as formal during our on-camera interview, but fortunately, once he realized we were all there to do good work, he loosened up and shared some truly entertaining and detailed memories with me about not only his time on ALIENS, and working multiple times with Jim Cameron, but also before that, during his lean years as a struggling, hard-working filmmaker and actor.

When you look at his body of work, the range is pretty staggering. He made the no-budget music video for Barnes & Barnes' FISH HEADS, which was a staple for me as a kid, growing up during the era of Dr. Demento...but then he also appeared in the massive big budget box office phenomenon, TITANIC. And there's so much to enjoy between those two ridiculous extremes: ONE FALSE MOVE, A SIMPLE PLAN, FRAILTY, WEIRD SCIENCE, THE TERMINATOR, STREETS OF FIRE, NEAR DARK, PASS THE AMMO, TOMBSTONE and my most recent favorite of his, the highly underrated and terrific EDGE OF TOMORROW...just to name a few. There's so much more.

It really became clear to me last year that I'm of an age when so many pop culture icons and personalities I grew up with are going to start leaving us. But at the young age of 61, Bill Paxton has left us far too soon. Whether as the fool or the hero, the actor or the director, he had so much more good, fun, crazy, edgy, serious work to do.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

This is the kind of shit that makes me leery of surgery.

Still, sad to lose Paxton. He was the best part of Agents of Shield when he was in it.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

WTF!?

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Wow Corporal Hicks you must have some very important text messages in combo with "wife is in delivery room" , "little joey just got 400 points on angry birds" , "such and such actor has past", "rrsp due for contribution" ,, "dog just layed quiet the poop".

Daz1999

Daz1999

Sad news, I know what I'm watching tonight

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote"I've been reeling from this for the past half hour, trying to wrap my mind and heart around it. Bill leaves such a void. He and I were close friends for 36 years since we met on the set of a Roger Corman ultra-low budget movie. He came in to work on set, and I slapped a paintbrush in his hand and pointed to a wall, saying 'Paint that!' We quickly recognized the creative spark in each other and became fast friends."

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/james-cameron-on-bill-paxton-great-actor-creative-dynamo-w468956

James Cameron's tribute.

BR1XER

BR1XER

RIP

'Tis a shame. As an icon, he framed and refined a character archtype and film personality that would be sorely missed in the coming years of cinema. But he was also a good man.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Well...there goes another piece of my childhood. :'(

Hemi

Hemi

He was one of my heroes in the 80s. Same with John. Somehow it's harder because we remember these people for their roles in the alien/aliens movies. So time stands still for them until we hear this terrible news.... (does that make sense? Aargg... Just so gutted atm)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed