Charlize Theron on Meredith Vickers (New Video) - Spoilers

Started by Space Sweeper, May 16, 2012, 08:09:27 AM

Author
Charlize Theron on Meredith Vickers (New Video) - Spoilers (Read 48,286 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

New quite-spoilery footage. I'll update when an HD version is available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4gCtQo0FyU#ws

http://www.mediafire.com/?ptty5ek4tjnbfr5

The biggest thing to draw from this is...

...she's a f**king BADASS.

Courtesy of Viscal over at PrometheusForum.net

Kev Loaf

"This is my ship, I'm telling you to take us home"

Spoiler
Her ship since after Weyland gets killed (some point earlier) she inherits her fathers estate and investments by default
[close]

Space Sweeper

I'd say that it's more because she's the one in charge, and the corporate representative.

TWAK

I wasn't sure if I could put my entire post in spoilers, so here is some text.

Spoiler
Holloway is the one who is trying to get back on the ship, right? She lights him like a marshmallow!
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

She's been calling it her company and her ship in every clip, I don't think that's any different.

Spoiler
She does appear to fry Holloway, which makes me wonder if he could be the burnt-looking hulk attacking Shaw in the recent TV spot.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Spoiler
Well, we do know that Holloway survives at least the first trip to the temple (see his infectioned eye while looking in the mirror), and that this nice BBQ party happens on their first time back (no storm, they're trying to stabilize the infected Fifield on the ground), so we can assume that he survives the flamethrower blast mostly intact.

Remember, there is also the shot of the red shirt being imposed upon by the rising burnt-to-shit character who is more than likely Fifield (seeing as he goes on a killing spree right after). I'd imagine (doing a lot of that here, huh?) that Vicky full-on turns the flamethrower on Fifield's ass right after warding off Holloway.
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

Spoiler
I always wondered if maybe the storm was in the first trip out - say, Shaw hauls ass to tote the Engineer head back in (she's carrying something in the back of the transport) and gets knocked about by the winds in the process.  We also know there's at least one trip around somewhere where most of the landing party, including a still-live Milburn, are not wearing the skullcap headgear beneath their helmets and then in fact remove the helmets entirely.

I'm not at all convinced that the infection does not metastasize in Holloway relatively unnoticed and only truly manifest on the second trip out, leading to the flamethrower confrontation.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 16, 2012, 08:39:35 AM
Spoiler
I always wondered if maybe the storm was in the first trip out - say, Shaw hauls ass to tote the Engineer head back in (she's carrying something in the back of the transport) and gets knocked about by the winds in the process.  We also know there's at least one trip around somewhere where most of the landing party, including a still-live Milburn, are not wearing the skullcap headgear beneath their helmets and then in fact remove the helmets entirely.

I'm not at all convinced that the infection does not metastasize in Holloway relatively unnoticed and only truly manifest on the second trip out, leading to the flamethrower confrontation.
[close]
Spoiler
Good points.

I really like not knowing the order of all this shit, there's something of a noir mystery going around on these boards that us detectives are trying to piece together (including me, against my better judgement  :laugh:). I've been trying to track continuity by the shape her hair is in and her clothing (since it's more telling than anybody else's so far), and by the time she's in the blue jumpsuit and her hair is loosened up, we know something stressful has gone down.

Something interesting to note is that she is wearing the grey suit and with her hair tightly knit in the scene where she says that she "sincerely hopes [they] make it", which is paired with the race against the storm, and she is also shown wearing the suit and the same hairstyle in the briefing scenes; you can very well be right about this being the first trip out. She also tells them that if they're "really going down there, [they're] going to die", leading one to believe that the a previous trip has shown them the risks.
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

I think the shot of her warning someone is a trick cut.  I don't think she's talking to Shaw.

Spoiler
I've always thought that's her talking to Weyland, fearing for his advanced age and ill health.
[close]

And yeah, I like not knowing.  But I can't help but overanalyze every bit.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 16, 2012, 08:58:43 AM
Spoiler
I've always thought that's her talking to Weyland, fearing for his advanced age and ill health.
[close]
I cannot believe I never thought of that. Great theory.  :)

SpeedyMaxx

It just makes sense to me.  That shot is used by the trailer editors to have her be the spooky doomsayer warning everyone away from the haunted house, but in terms of who Vickers is, why would she do that?  This is her operation.  If she wanted them all not to go, she'd order them not to.  Or if it was late in the film, she'd be agitated with them.  Instead, she is calmly warning someone not to do it in a reasonably intimate tone. 
Spoiler
Who else but her boss?
[close]

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Could be wrong but I still think there's only one trip out myself...

Spoiler
We know there's quite a few go out to investigate, 2 buggies and 1 transport so that's 10 people at least if you dont include drivers.  Maybe the party splits up or something, with David, Shaw, Holloway and 2 others go one way while the rest go another and it's this party that comes under attack. Of course Holloway gets infected too at some point, but what happens to him seems to be more mysterious no one (including himself) realises it until much later.  The reason I say this is because I just can't see Scott doing the same thing twice (ie 2 expeditions). The only exception to the rule perhaps being David, who we know visits the pilots chair again but it's still a mystery why he does this.
[close]

Vepariga

badass,vickers is awesome

Vickers

I'm getting better at this spoilers thing, lol.  I decided to mute the clip and just look out for new footage.  I didn't want to hear something potentially spoilerish.  Although I still risked seeing Vickers in a situation which is spoilerish.

Well, I can't wait to get this in HD.

Space Sweeper

I'd say the visuals contain much more spoilers than what Charlize has to say about the character, and Vicky's short comments.

You should be good for full-audio.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed