She Wont Go Quietly - New Alien: Covenant Marketing Video

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 03, 2017, 11:06:22 AM

Author
She Wont Go Quietly - New Alien: Covenant Marketing Video (Read 24,448 times)

cliffhanger

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on May 03, 2017, 01:16:07 PM
Quote from: cliffhanger on May 03, 2017, 12:37:14 PM
well that window is now also explained that has the record player on from the viral marketing videos featuring shaw and the John Denver song.

odd, didnt that window actually show the view from the 'lake' on the planet?
And wasn't that record red??

yep, as red as they get.

motherfather

motherfather

"4 meters above you" although helpful, still makes me think of the rather unhelpful muthur telling ripley "you have t-minus x minutes to reach minimum safe distance" (so screw you Ripley).

I still detect Sigourney's voice, it sounds less Sigourney-ish though. I really hope it is her. One thing is for sure, its enough of a voice acting role to attract any of the female actors in the alien franchise who wouldn't say no to making a few extra coins by voicing muthur.

Corporal Hicks

According to IMDB, it's Lorelei King.

Infected

Quote from: motherfather on May 03, 2017, 09:23:23 PM
"4 meters above you" although helpful, still makes me think of the rather unhelpful muthur telling ripley "you have t-minus x minutes to reach minimum safe distance" (so screw you Ripley).

I still detect Sigourney's voice, it sounds less Sigourney-ish though. I really hope it is her. One thing is for sure, its enough of a voice acting role to attract any of the female actors in the alien franchise who wouldn't say no to making a few extra coins by voicing muthur.
LOL

Trying to hide their evil plans by not saying how much times she has left, but we will tell you shit will blow up.
She also resetted the digital counters on the pulse rifles, making it count in predator nuke style thing.

"you know have one predator hand to reach safe minimum distance"

Pvt. Himmel

RidgeTop

Alien (and Alien: Isolation) put me under the impression that MU-TH-UR and similar ship and station AIs could only be interacted with by a senior ranking officer of the ship, rather than some ship-wide accessible Siri.

I suppose this is another case of Ridley throwing out the old in favor of the new.

Corporal Hicks

It may have just been because of how desperate she was but remember Ripley tries to talk to Muthur in engineering in Alien too.

Tangakkai

I liked that marketing video, actually found it better than any trailer so far.

Huggs

I take it that something has happened to Tennessee and Walter (David), now that Daniel's is alone and relying on Muthur to give her locations on the Alien. In previously released footage, she was with Tennessee and relying on Walter for directions. Personally, I think it is David impersonating Walter. Maybe David tried to lead her into a deathtrap and she survived, and she's now relying on Muthur for information. I think the images we have seen of David trying to teach Walter things is actually being done for 1 reason, but by 1 of 2 methods.

1. To learn as much as possible about Walter, in order to make it easier for David to impersonate him.
2. To make Walter similar to David in action and thought, to more easily impersonate him.

I think great effort will be put into making the audience believe that it is indeed Walter; probably going all the way to the end, with the truth most likely being revealed post-credits, maybe with Walter (David) casting some triumphant smirk once Daniels is dead or back in cryo. Maybe David will head to the bridge and set coordinates for somewhere worse. Surely they wouldn't wait for the next film to reveal it was David afterall? It would be wild and unexpected though.

On a side note, the room she's in with the alien really reminded me of Isolation, which is wonderful.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2017, 10:50:31 PM
It may have just been because of how desperate she was but remember Ripley tries to talk to Muthur in engineering in Alien too.

She had access at that point as she explained to Ash.

Xenomorphine

The footage we were shown at the 'Alien Day' event in London definitely sounded like Weaver. I'm glad it isn't, for continuity reasons, but certainly sounded like her.

SpeedyMaxx

I'm frankly not convinced a lot of the footage of Daniels prowling around solo talking to MU-TH-UR/Mother looking for the alien was not shot for this promo piece.

As for who can access MU-TH-UR/Mother, access may be more open depending on the type of mission brief. Further, with
Spoiler
Branson dead and Oram as well
[close]
Daniels may have default access.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Is this in the film? If so, I have no idea why they released this. I feel like anyone that sees this then sees the movie is going to know exactly who makes it to the end and that something makes it back up there with them. Not to mention the music was not fitting imo. When I hear the "4 meters above you", I just mentally see a woman in a sound studio saying that, it just feels off to me like my mind is not buying into anything going on. I have been very positive about the marketting for the most part so far but I really did not like this. It feels cheesy to me and I really hope this is either not in the film or edited in well if it is. Still optimistic about the movie overall. :)

SpeedyMaxx

I really don't think a lot of it's in the movie.

I could be wrong, but I did tell everyone that wasn't Sigourney Weaver...

BishopShouldGo

Yeah that would've verged on AVPR-cute e.g. the Hawkins gravestone, Dallas, et al.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed