TERMINATOR Cyberthread

Started by ShadowPred, Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM

Author
TERMINATOR Cyberthread (Read 673,444 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I will give this show's trailer a shot, but after Dark Fate, I personally stopped giving these sequels a compensatory pass and decided in my mind it will forever end here.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 02, 2021, 02:35:36 PMhttp://jamescamerononline.com/wecantoot22.png

I always found that ending a bit cheesy.

The theatrical close is much better.

I mean I still don't like the continuations but there's nothing wrong with an open ending.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 02, 2021, 02:48:07 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 02, 2021, 02:35:36 PMhttp://jamescamerononline.com/wecantoot22.png

I always found that ending a bit cheesy.

The theatrical close is much better.

I mean I still don't like the continuations but there's nothing wrong with an open ending.

I know you found out the ending cheesy, and the make-up inferior....

But I've seen the future and what an open ending will bring...

...so I will travel back in time and tell Mario Kassar... Damn you Man! Do you know what you're about to do?! Keep Cameron's original T2 ending dammit!  ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

But wasn't it Cameron himself who pulled that ending because he didn't like it?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 02, 2021, 03:02:55 PM

I'll have to go back and double check tonight in the ol' detailed files but I believe the order of the events were... Test Audience Negative Reaction, to Kassar recognizing the ending needed to be changed, to Cameron conceding they were right.

marrerom

marrerom

I hope the show follows Salvation and keeps continuity of the first 4 films. Just give us a proper future war please.

Huggs

Huggs

It should've stayed in the future after T2, or ended right there.

Aside from that, the only thing that would interest me is if they finally showed the original timeline. The one before time travel was first used. The one where john either had a different father or simply never existed at all. Skynet wouldn't have needed to use time travel if they were winning the war originally.

Maybe skynet did it to create someone like John in the first place. To consolidate human authority and hope to one being. Weak spot.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 02, 2021, 03:08:41 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 02, 2021, 03:02:55 PM

I'll have to go back and double check tonight in the ol' detailed files but I believe the order of the events were... Test Audience Negative Reaction, to Kassar recognizing the ending needed to be changed, to Cameron conceding they were right.

I was able to confirm this HuDaFuK through the Terminator Vault hardcover:  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Fair enough! I could've sworn I've heard Cameron saying it was his idea to switch it, but there you go.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Heres some of my Terminator collection. I also have Terminator 1 on VHS. Gotta get that and keep em all together.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

The Tfor2 show is back with second season and if youre still not familiar with it, highly recommend it. Fun, funny and well done

https://youtu.be/C-91-Ou9Mss

Wweyland

Wweyland

I also found the Future Park ending to be cheesy, with the bad makeup and 80ties retro-future costumes.
John becoming a senator also felt off, with his criminal past and everything.

I do love the simplicity of the theatrical ending. I guess they could have just wrapped up at the steel mill but showing them driving away and Hamiltons short speech really hits the mark.

In your head-canon, what did John and Sarah do immediately after? Where did they drive to?
I think I've read or seen about 3-4 different versions of this, including:
The Sarah Connor Chronicles
The T2 Malibu Comics
The T2: Infiltrator novel (great book!)
T2 movie novelization

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm big on the Sarah Connor Chronicles for the most part but unfortunately it never got a chance to wrap up completely, I loved the aesthetic, and especially the narrative during the first Season.

Got a bit muddied as it went on, but it's the only one that felt like a natural continuation in that I got the sense it put forth, that either side wiping each other off the map will ever fix the issue, it's got to end in peace.

Pity it never quite got there. 

Wweyland

Wweyland

I personally felt that the T2: Infiltrator novel was a true continuation with characters acting like their movie counterparts.
However, it kind of had the same problem as Sarah Connor Chronicles, the story got muddied and convoluted in the 2 sequel novels (Rising Storm and Future War).
The writer just rushed to the finishline to wrap everything up "neatly" with the future war still occurring and John closing the loop at the end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed