Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed

Started by Xenomorphine, Nov 20, 2015, 01:28:22 AM

Author
Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed (Read 46,188 times)

windebieste

All these comments from a man that's not been signed up for the move.  That is, a movie that's already been officially postponed - possibly even cancelled.  Nor has he read any script - because none exist.  And if he had, then the NDA would prevent him revealing ANY details whatsover.  So none of what he says is worthy news as far as I am concerned.

Biehn should just STFU.  He'd be more credible if he did so.

In the end, Blomkamp's movie project is running out of time.  Woulda been great, in 1988.  ...but not now.

I am waiting for Official announcement from Fox before I take any comments from Biehn seriously.

-Windebieste.

Perfect-Organism

In truth, I do wish Biehn would use more tact in disclosing such big information.  I mean him mentioning that Newt is 27 basically gave away a huge plot detail.  I hope that doesn't get him in hot water, because Hicks won't be right if he's not played by Biehn.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 20, 2015, 06:19:39 PM
I remember that A:R was originally going to star a clone of Newt instead of a clone of Ripley, I do like the idea that that idea still lives on in NB's Alien 5.

It was Whedon's original pitch, I do believe. Can't remember if he did a treatment though. I feel like he did.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 20, 2015, 07:39:48 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 20, 2015, 07:05:19 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 20, 2015, 07:02:13 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2015, 04:05:54 PM
It's just a feeling I have about the Prometheus films.

....What?

Double what??  Corporal do you know something we don't?  Time travel?  Seriously?  Aww Bro.  Noo!!

I don't know anything. It's just that thousand years comment and if I'm remembering correctly then the original Engineers script ended with some time dilation stuff and I have vague recollections of stuff like that being thrown around.

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 20, 2015, 09:32:53 PM
Nor has he read any script - because none exist. 

A script was completed for the film. Ridley said he'd read it and it was good. No other details though.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 20, 2015, 12:10:20 PM
Not to sound greedy but why can't we get two movies here? NB's A3.2 and a true A5 after A:R? I mean why the hell not? Release them both on the same day and let the public decide.

Because Ridley Scott's the director of one and producer of the other. Considering how large both respective projects would be, that's for the best.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 20, 2015, 02:56:43 PM
Numbers don't add up. Newt would be around 40 years old if Beihn and Weaver are going to be playing their characters at their current age. Unless Newt has been in cryo for a very long time.

Neither him nor Weaver look their actual ages. They can play characters younger than they, themselves, are.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 20, 2015, 07:05:19 PM
Its still sad to me that Alien 3 looks like its on the outs. But if it happens I want Jennifer Lawrence for the pure giggles to play and adult Newt. Neil Blomkamp presents Alien : Hunger

I've honestly never understood the hype for JL (and the fee she'd command would probably be too much on top of Weaver, if they want to succeed in the sort of set design and effects from the known concept art).

If they want Newt to look like she did in 'Book 2', however, the best likeness would almost certainly be Piper Perabo - who can act very well.

I could see Sarah Michelle Gellar doing it, too, who can also act decently (which would be ironic, considering the Whedon/Newt thing, as mentioned up above). Think that SMG also likes science-fiction, too. Is definitely a fan of 'Star Wars' and has been voicing a new character for the CGI 'Rebels' cartoon.

Although, I'd personally like it if they ultimately cast someone relatively unknown.

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 20, 2015, 09:32:53 PM
All these comments from a man that's not been signed up for the move.

We know he's been talked to about it. It's very likely he'll be officially cast when it does get to that stage.

QuoteThat is, a movie that's already been officially postponed - possibly even cancelled.

No indication it's been cancelled, at all.

QuoteNor has he read any script - because none exist.

One does, according to Ridley Scott. But Biehn isn't claiming he's read a script, just talking about the conversations he's apparently had.

QuoteIn the end, Blomkamp's movie project is running out of time.

According to who? It'll be ready when it's ready, man. No hurry.

windebieste

Ah yes.  You are correct.   A script exists - but at this stage, such a script is expected to undergo heavy revision and changes if not outright get rejected.  Unless I am mistaken, Scott also made no reveal regarding its content.  You can bet either way, Biehn hasn't been blessed with the privilege of reading it.

Everything else is true.  Biehn is just being a loud mouth indulging in unverified rumor and fan baiting.  His portrayal of a character in a movie made 30 years ago does not make him an official mouthpiece for Fox today.

-Windebieste.

CainsSon

A 27 year old Newt, in comparison to the much older Ripley and Hicks could be explained easily by Newt remaining in Cryo longer than the two of them.
Maybe they will have spent x years assuming she was dead, only to discover W-Y had her and they woke her up at x time... So now they want to meet her/ rescue her, but she is 27 and they are older.

Honestly, I'm not taking much of this seriously. Ridley said they had a first draft, it was 'pretty good' and he had read it. That makes me think, he wants multiple drafts. Which is normal, but drastic changes may occur between now and what he actually produces in 2+ years.

I think we should take all this very lightly. In fact, I'm not even sold on the idea of this definitely happening.
Though as against the retcon as I am, if it does manage to provide a good ending for Ripley and interest me, I will be all for it.
TBT I'd rather just forget about A:R than have A3 taken away. Since now I'm supposed to forget about 2 movies, one of which Im quite fond of.

whiterabbit

So I wonder, is it going to be Hot Newt; or Damaged Goods Newt? Anyone care to guess? :P

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 20, 2015, 11:27:22 PM
So I wonder, is it going to be Hot Newt; or Damaged Goods Newt? Anyone care to guess? :P
Look at Carrie henn now and guess.

windebieste

Yep.  Would've been Great, in 1998.

lol.

-Windebieste.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 20, 2015, 11:31:27 PM
Yep.  Would've been Great, in 1998.

lol.

-Windebieste.
True

Perfect-Organism

Jennifer alawrence would upstage Sigourney Weaver so that's never going to happen.

Danny Harrigan

Danny Harrigan

Yep, Ridley said his movie will go out first obviously but he also said Blomkamp's will be out in 2017 but his Prometheus sequel is slated for a '17 Oct relase as well so he talk to much too early like Biehn did.
Maybe Biehn just speculting about the age of Newt as he thinks what the direction will be.If Newt is around 27 then he and Sigourney have to look about 10 years yonger than they are but its not a big deal because they really look yonger then their age.Maybe they need a lil make up.
That age of the actors shows that movie should came out around 2007..Fox could be happy they're in good shape.

But to recast Newt with JL..as Xenomorphine mentioned.. please no!better find a new face who remind us Newt..but we havent seen her in any concept art if she passing the torch she would be in the lead i think.

And the retcon of A3 and AR..i think Fox not really want them to be out beacause they always want to sell this series in nice big collectors box sets.
So when the next box set coming with(Avp AvpR hope not)Pr ,ACovenant, A, As ,A3 ,AR..where could they put A 5/ 3.2??
Obviously they want to put all movies in a box cos they want to sell it!!

So maybe theres some kind of continuity between Covenant and A5 as Ridley teased Ripley.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 20, 2015, 10:48:10 PM
Ah yes.  You are correct.   A script exists - but at this stage, such a script is expected to undergo heavy revision and changes if not outright get rejected.  Unless I am mistaken, Scott also made no reveal regarding its content.  You can bet either way, Biehn hasn't been blessed with the privilege of reading it.

Everything else is true.  Biehn is just being a loud mouth indulging in unverified rumor and fan baiting.  His portrayal of a character in a movie made 30 years ago does not make him an official mouthpiece for Fox today.

-Windebieste.

Again, he never claimed he's read the script. He has, however, apparently had informal conversations and been clued in on what the basic premise is. He doesn't need an entire script for that.

Quote from: CainsSon on Nov 20, 2015, 11:24:48 PM
Honestly, I'm not taking much of this seriously. Ridley said they had a first draft, it was 'pretty good' and he had read it. That makes me think, he wants multiple drafts. Which is normal, but drastic changes may occur between now and what he actually produces in 2+ years.

I honestly don't know of any film which hasn't had multiple drafts of script. Even if you're directing it yourself (which NB is), you'll still want to refine what you've written over several different versions. Sometimes the changes you make will be major and others will be insignificant.

I don't think it'll take quite that long, though. :)

Danny Harrigan

Danny Harrigan

Thoughts under the line are not written by me ..someone trolling here. :o  ???  ::)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Ok, I'm desperate now.

So here's some probably very irrational theory on how to make sense and join the timelines...

Weyland-Yutani tries to clone Ripley and Newt in the hopes of bringing back the Xenomorphs, they clone Newt as an experiment first before trying to clone Ripley, their attempt fails to bring back the Aliens... these secrets are figured out by the USM centuries later.

BAM!

Works perfectly.

I will ignore any arguments against this! *covers ears with hands* HEAR NO EVIL!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed