Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 165,239 times)

BlueMarsalis79

That's good to hear.

Kailem

I love the world building the RPG has done, so much so that I'm at the point now where one of my main concerns about the upcoming TV show is that it doesn't blatantly contradict anything the RPG has laid out as far as lore and world-building goes! :laugh:

[cancerblack]

The new vidya seems to be broadly following the types of creatures the RPG sets out, so that ought to give some hope, but Hawley will do what he wants, because Hawley.

Kailem

"That's what scares me."

Xiggz456

Ya I think just like the upcoming Marvel Alien series, Hawley will consider the first 2 films as the only source of canon/world building. It'll be interesting to see if any of it lines up with the current EU timeline or at the very least doesn't affect things in said timeline.

BlueMarsalis79

Like the upcoming Marvel Series... that's got Runners, Drones, Praetomorphs, and more stuff from the Prequels?

Yeah... right. 

Xiggz456

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 04, 2021, 03:25:40 PM
Like the upcoming Marvel Series... that's got Runners, Drones, Praetomorphs, and more stuff from the Prequels?

Yeah... right.

Have you listened to any of the interviews of the author? Those are his words that he's only taking the first two films into consideration. But only time will tell just like the TV series so save your snark until then.

BlueMarsalis79

He's said that he doesn't know if Disney will consider anything beyond them part of canon or continuity, despite him being a fan of the third, so either his artist does not care or something's changed between then and now.

Xiggz456

Regardless the point I'm trying to make is when reading the new comic and when watching the new tv series I'm not going to expect it to follow any previous EU media. But it will be interesting to see where it goes nonetheless.

Kailem

The Free League monthly update Q&A that's scheduled for Wednesday mentions the Alien rpg, so hopefully we might get an update on the Colonial Marines Operations Manual release:

Xenomrph

Don't we already know it's coming out on Alien Day?

Kailem

The latest word on the Free League forums indicated it might have been pushed back again, so I'm hoping this stream confirms it either way (and gives us an idea of when the pdf is going to start going out).

Xiggz456

Speaking of the PDF did anyone who preordered get the free art book? I preordered a few months back but I never got a link for the art book.

Kailem

Kailem

Nope, I don't think anyone's gotten anything yet. That's why I feel like it might have been pushed back again. I seem to remember getting my Destroyer of Worlds pdf a fair while before it was released physically, so I feel like we probably should have started seeing the pdf's for this being sent out by now if it was still on track for a release less than a month from now.

So the latest word is that it's done and has been submitted to Fox No Longer Fox for approval and they're waiting to hear back from them, and as long as they get the ok they'll send the pdf's out for pre-orders out right away. So hopefully the physical release is still on track for Alien day, but it sounds like everything's in a bit of a holding pattern right now.

Xenomrph

I sure hope Amazon carries the Colonial Marines book, because I'm not thrilled with having to pay international shipping from FL's website.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed