Jake Busey joins cast

Started by BishopShouldGo, Mar 10, 2017, 06:55:35 PM

Author
Jake Busey joins cast (Read 20,255 times)

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Master on Mar 13, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
Cool. Would have been better with Adam Baldwin though.

Who says we can't have both?

Master

Master

For the time being we don't. Would have been cool though.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

I'd like to see a Bill Paxton nod like a character named after him or reuse of some of his lines.

Jake Busey and his teeth look like they belong in a Farrelly Bros. movie.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Mar 13, 2017, 02:28:19 PMI'd like to see a Bill Paxton nod like a character named after him or reuse of some of his lines.

No thanks. I hate the arbitrary re-use of lines in sequels. Nine times out of ten it's just cringe-worthy.

episodenone

episodenone

Nice Jake -- I love this add. 

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 13, 2017, 02:59:52 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Mar 13, 2017, 02:28:19 PMI'd like to see a Bill Paxton nod like a character named after him or reuse of some of his lines.

No thanks. I hate the arbitrary re-use of lines in sequels. Nine times out of ten it's just cringe-worthy.

C'mon you wouldn't like to hear Keegan Michael Key say "Hey! You mind? She's my sister.....oh you're not my sister are you..." lol.

Master

Master

No I would not.

Huggs

Huggs

The Lions, The Tigers, The Busey's...oh my. They're really putting together an interesting cast here. He was great in "the frighteners" and "enemy of the state".

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 13, 2017, 02:59:52 PM

I agree. It really pisses me off when sequels do this. Really. I hope Black and Dekker are above this.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 14, 2017, 08:35:20 AM
I hope Black and Dekker are above this.

I'm sure they won't... drill the point home. Sorry, I'll get my coat.

I think its hilarious that Jake Busey is in the movie... I'm leaning towards a flashback on a videotape from with him AS Keyes rather than "son of Keyes" ... (though I guess all character motivation is right there for him to follow in Keyes's footsteps).

If they go down "son of Keyes" route - those are epic shoes to fill. Still - Black and Decker (I just can't take that seriously, I'm sorry) are smart writers both - they can make the dialogue zing which is what you need for Keyes. "The lions. The tigers. Oh, my." (I wonder as I type if Gary Busey just improved "oh, my").

Difficult one of its son of Keyes - because the temptation will be to have him as "more of Keyes". Would we be disappointed if son of Keyes was a quiet, studious Dana Sculley type of investigator looking into the scientific side of things?

The temptation is "more Keyes" right? But we've already had Keyes and as I say above - big shoes to fill.

Ahhh.... speculation. We love it, hey.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Russ on Mar 14, 2017, 10:51:10 AM
If they go down "son of Keyes" route - those are epic shoes to fill.

They're really not... That character was so one-dimensional it hurt.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I love how people go like "There is gonna be a connection!!!". Sure, there is a possibility, but i don't think so.

Shane shot a movie with Busey in 2016 and they are in contact since then, writing each other on Facebook and stuff. So his casting is probably because of that connection and his role will probably be small, and not because he's playing the son of Peter Keyes.

That would be fun though, but unlikely.

predator88

predator88

Busey will not play Keyes's son but one of the mercs that McKenna befriends.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: predator88 on Mar 14, 2017, 12:55:42 PM
Busey will not play Keyes's son but one of the mercs that McKenna befriends.
I don't think so, when Augusto Aguilera was announced, they said he was the last of the "squad" of Predator hunters, so basically the last with a significant role.

Busey will probably be in a smaller military role, that's not so important to the story.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 14, 2017, 11:53:34 AM

They're really not... That character was so one-dimensional it hurt.

No-one disses the Busey. Go and stand in the corner. In disgrace!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed