20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 29, 2020, 09:07:37 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material! (Read 28,918 times)

Mr.Turok

Seeing that Netflix Castlevania being a successful mature dark horror and action based on the videogame series with its 3rd Season on the way, how would an AVP series not fair too? Other shows like Devilman Crybaby were also killin it on ratings and such.
I'll never get the whole "its animated so its not for me" kind of deal. It can look good too (provided that there is great writing backing it up too or else it be a polished turd)

Huggs

Different people like different kinds of animation.

I'm not a fan of modern anime stuff myself. But when it comes to alien and predator, content is content. And new content is good.

PVC

Hi. WHY ????? why to loose Time and money to do that ? Rather than spending money on this , please finish the Alien serie   Covenant 2 ( awakening ?)     Or a good new Predator movie. Or a good new AVP movie
There's already enough anime at Disney. Enough crap please Why do they want to kill theses 2 franchises ?????
Regards

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 02, 2020, 01:03:31 AM
The more I think about it the less sense it all makes. Is it even possible in 2020 to have a series like this done & finished without something leaking or getting out?

I was thinking the same thing... but then I thought of Predator Hunting Grounds, where an exclusive Playstation Game came out of nowhere, an announcement accompanied with a reveal trailer, and even us mega-Predator-fans had no idea it was even in the works!  So yes, it IS possible.  :)

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2019/05/09/predator-hunting-grounds-new-multiplayer-predator-game-announced-for-2020/

Corporal Hicks

I'll share the screen cap later, but one of the franchise consultants confirmed on Facebook this was a thing.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 02, 2020, 05:12:28 PM
I'll share the screen cap later, but one of the franchise consultants confirmed on Facebook this was a thing.

Wow....

Wait. Was a thing? Or still is a thing?

SiL

"Was a thing" in that it was planned, or "was a thing" in that it got made completely and shelved?

426Buddy

Cats out of the bag now, they should just release a statement and drop it on Netflix for all to see. ;D

Corporal Hicks

Annoyingly I can't remember which group this was in now.

SiL

So true that the whole show was completed and shelved? Dang.

Corporal Hicks

Nevermind, I found the right group. I've asked him to clarify if it was finished.

SiL

SiL

I have a feeling we'll keep getting vague answers until we die :laugh:

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 02, 2020, 04:04:38 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 02, 2020, 01:03:31 AM
The more I think about it the less sense it all makes. Is it even possible in 2020 to have a series like this done & finished without something leaking or getting out?

I was thinking the same thing... but then I thought of Predator Hunting Grounds, where an exclusive Playstation Game came out of nowhere, an announcement accompanied with a reveal trailer, and even us mega-Predator-fans had no idea it was even in the works!  So yes, it IS possible.  :)

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2019/05/09/predator-hunting-grounds-new-multiplayer-predator-game-announced-for-2020/

To play Devil's advocate, it wasn't a completed, ready-for-market game when it was announced, which is what the post makes it sound like for this AvP show. It got a long way in, yes, but they didn't just drop it into stores straight away; getting an animated show to full completion without any mention is a whole other level, and kind of implies they knew they weren't going to release it before they even finished.

SM

Based on the above Hunting Grounds was announced 10 months ago and it's not out yet.

SiL

I can think of lots of examples where films got unexpected release dates (Cloverfield Paradox leaps enthusiastically to mind), but those films were known about; it was just their release that was a surprise. I'm struggling to think of a show or a series that was 100% done before anyone knew anything (but I'm sure it's happened at some point...)

SM

Maybe a long time ago - a really time ago - (I remember going to see Raiders of the Lost Ark as a kid without any clue that Han Solo who was in it or what it was about) before websites weren't desperate for clicks (or existed), but these days something always gets leaked. Or studios just announce they're doing something, announcing directors, cast, etc.

I reckon if the AvP series was completed they'd be pimping it.  Despite a couple of rubbish live action films, there's still a decent sized fanbase for AvP that would be very excited about seeing this, and they've already spent the money on making it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed