First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 53,895 times)

Rambo

Rambo

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 24, 2020, 12:38:11 AM
Does anyone here have a copy of The Compleat Aliens? I could have had it for a couple hundred dollars 5 or 6 years ago. I see it going for $1,000-$2500 now.  :o
I've seen those listings sit on eBay at those prices for a long time. Feels like 5+ years. I think I've seen the book sell for a few hundred over the last couple years, but those listings are few and far between. I never picked one up.

426Buddy

That would be a nice piece for the collection. I hear tell there is original artwork inside.

Hudson

Hudson

Props to Marvel for anthologizing stuff that hasn't been collected yet, like Tribes, Alien 3, Newt's Tale. Cool idea.

Chaplain of Slam

It's nice to know that they're starting off on a good note with such a good collection of stories. I'm actually more excited to see what else comes of the new Marvel deal

Perfect-Organism

I agree.  I can't understand why for so many years, Dark Horse ignored requests to compile some of these great stories.

Countdown!!  Countdown man!  We get Countdown!  Like real Den Beauvais work!!  The legends are true!

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Chaplain of Slam on Aug 25, 2020, 05:45:24 PM
It's nice to know that they're starting off on a good note with such a good collection of stories. I'm actually more excited to see what else comes of the new Marvel deal

I'm very skeptical of the big acquisition, but I'm trying to be optimistic that Marvel/Disney will give the Alien & Predator franchises the attention they deserve. There has been a relatively continuous stream of movies, books, and games for a while, but in comparison to other media properties out here it feels like almost nothing at times.

If nothing else, these new Marvel anthologies will lower the price of some of the Dark Horse Omnibuses, because a few of mine are damaged and need to be replaced. Or, the DH books will skyrocket in price and I'll have to buy the Marvel ones.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I gotta say, I find it kinda strange that after years of Dark Horse apparently being unable to collect stuff like Countdown and the film adaptations, the moment Marvel get the license they're in an omnibus lol.

Hopefully the presence of those stories is a sign they're actually going to be collecting everything. As someone who's not really into comics but has always thought about getting the Alien/Predator titles - partly out of curiosity, but mostly for the sake of completing my collection - this would be such a good opportunity I really couldn't pass it up.

Voodoo Magic

You hear that? That's the sound of all my old omnibuses dropping in value.

Tichinde

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 27, 2020, 03:59:17 PM

Like you would sell them anyway  :D

XenoHunter99

This one sounds like a gotta-have item. So, looking forward to that.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 27, 2020, 05:20:08 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 27, 2020, 03:59:17 PM

Like you would sell them anyway  :D

Good point!   :D

426Buddy

I didn't get the omnibi from DH because I really disliked the small format. Plus I have everything pretty much... but if I had know how rare they would become I might have tried to collect them

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 27, 2020, 08:35:10 PM
I didn't get the omnibi from DH because I really disliked the small format. Plus I have everything pretty much... but if I had know how rare they would become I might have tried to collect them

Yeah, the size was/is a big negative. Some of the already small fonts were disappointingly hard to read due to the reduction.

Corporal Hicks

I never had a problem with them at the time. I just loved that the majority of series were being collected and easy to access (at the time). Since then I've been buying the new re-releases for the larger sizes, but it didn't diminish how much I appreciated those omnibus.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 28, 2020, 08:55:58 AM
I never had a problem with them at the time. I just loved that the majority of series were being collected and easy to access (at the time). Since then I've been buying the new re-releases for the larger sizes, but it didn't diminish how much I appreciated those omnibus.

There is the completest in me that still wants to find volumes 4 & 5 to complete my Alien Omnibus collection.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed