Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement!

Started by RIP77, Nov 28, 2023, 01:06:24 AM

Author
Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement! (Read 11,267 times)

Cosmic Incubation

This all sounds great so far

The possible zero-g sequence with the mention of wirework has me excited for the possibility of some tense Alien Isolation inspired space walk scenes.
Spoiler
[close]
Especially with all the Isolation inspiration we've seen so far.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Nov 28, 2023, 05:28:46 PMThis all sounds great so far

The possible zero-g sequence with the mention of wirework has me excited for the possibility of some tense Alien Isolation inspired space walk scenes.
Spoiler
[close]
Especially with all the Isolation inspiration we've seen so far.

To be fair, i think Cailee mentioned xenomorphs (in plural), instead of just one xenomorph, so maybe you might be just right.

Perhaps, the marketing will make it seem like there is only one xenomorph involved, but midway through the movie, it will be revealed that whatever happened in the Romulus setting has more than just one xeno.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Nov 28, 2023, 05:31:26 PMTo be fair, i think Cailee mentioned xenomorphs (in plural), instead of just one xenomorph, so maybe you might be just right.

Perhaps, the marketing will make it seem like there is only one xenomorph involved, but midway through the movie, it will be revealed that whatever happened in the Romulus setting has more than just one xeno.

I was thinking that a space walk scene with even just one xeno would be really cool

But I would definitely welcome that reveal of more. It worked so well in Isolation and was one of my favorite things about the game.

Enjoy

I would like to see a show with a cast that looks worn out by life. Not just back from the day spa. Everyone has to be clean and pretty now

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

@Mike's Monster so wait when you say "New, but familiar" have ya seen the specific look of Alien Romulus's Xenomorph?

;It would be freakin awesome for a zero gravity horror sequence  😀 the creature scurrying the walls on the ship, crew members making an escape climbing ladders and closing doors n avoiding air ducts/airlocks, and zero gravity blood spillage, either they never conceived the idea of such interstellar terror or they didn't have it in the budget back in the day.

Mike’s Monsters

It had a few elements we've seen, a few we haven't. They aren't just dropping an Isolation xeno in either. It's an original design. But elements pulled from many places. I mean, I gotta see it move and in the movie itself. But I really liked what I saw.

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Nov 28, 2023, 05:41:31 PM@Mike's Monster so wait when you say "New, but familiar" have ya seen the specific look of Alien Romulus's Xenomorph?

Yes. I saw the concept art and early build a year ago. And also recently. I saw the actual thing a few weeks ago.

Nightmare Asylum

One of my biggest concerns with having two Alien projects in various stages of development simultaneously has always been just dragging and dropping assets from one production to the next, so hearing that Romulus' design isn't 1:1 anything we've seen before pleases me.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 28, 2023, 05:58:12 PMIt had a few elements we've seen, a few we haven't. They aren't just dropping an Isolation xeno in either. It's an original design. But elements pulled from many places. I mean, I gotta see it move and in the movie itself. But I really liked what I saw.

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Nov 28, 2023, 05:41:31 PM@Mike's Monster so wait when you say "New, but familiar" have ya seen the specific look of Alien Romulus's Xenomorph?

God DAMN IT!!!! Mike's Monsters, i'm sure you are a pretty chill person, but i have to admit your comments and my lack of knowledge on this whole thing are incredibly frustrating hahahaha

I wish i was more of a casual Alien fan, so i didn't spend my free time lurking on Alien: Romulus forums, years and months before a trailer is even released.

But, honestly, i'm glad that you loved the new Xeno design.

Can't wait to discuss the trailer with you once it airs and to finally have you vent all of your secret thoughts that you can't currently share.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 28, 2023, 06:07:49 PMOne of my biggest concerns with having two Alien projects in various stages of development simultaneously has always been just dragging and dropping assets from one production to the next, so hearing that Romulus' design isn't 1:1 anything we've seen before pleases me.

True, also it would show a certain lack of passion from the creative minds behind these new peojects, since it would show how easily they would just reuse assets from other unrelated projects.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Nov 28, 2023, 06:18:05 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 28, 2023, 05:58:12 PMIt had a few elements we've seen, a few we haven't. They aren't just dropping an Isolation xeno in either. It's an original design. But elements pulled from many places. I mean, I gotta see it move and in the movie itself. But I really liked what I saw.

God DAMN IT!!!! Mike's Monsters, i'm sure you are a pretty chill person, but i have to admit your comments and my lack of knowledge on this whole thing are incredibly frustrating hahahaha

Haha! I understand! A little context is that I am a professional photographer and media producer. My photography has connected me with people who've worked on the franchise. One thing leads to another.

I'm eternally grateful and lucky to have my camera skills, because it's allowed me to be involved with my favorite franchises like ALIEN, PREDATOR and Godzilla in my own unique ways.

I share the little bits I can to hopefully help bring nerves down at times. I know there are some people that really don't like what ADI does, and hear Gillis and Woodruff being involved can cause misdirection among the fanbase. This was a collaborative project for sure via multiple houses. Legacy carried. I believe WETA is doing the show, so I don't think they'll be reusing Legacy's assets. Depends on who's doing practical vs digital effects too.

TheBATMAN

Mike’s Monsters

Can't give any specifics. It goes back to basics in many ways. The entire production is a back to basics ALIEN & ALIENS kind of production overall.

SiL

Just please don't have Stompy's face.

Thatguy2068

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2023, 08:34:00 PMJust please don't have Stompy's face.

But Stompy has a nice face.

Mike’s Monsters

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed