The AVPR Redux cut is fantastic

Started by TheRenegadeMan, May 23, 2023, 12:08:16 AM

Author
The AVPR Redux cut is fantastic (Read 9,927 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: TheRenegadeMan on May 27, 2023, 10:41:31 PMLet's see a human hunter with the skill set Wolf has. Starting with countless  different dangerous species kills over decades, awesome improvising skills in combat, brute strength, and badass whip skills, single handedly. ONE single human. Yeah, no.

What has this got to do with anything? Nobody is comparing him to a human. He just has the IQ of brick compared to most other on-screen Predators, and is saved repeatedly by plot armour alone.

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on May 27, 2023, 10:49:19 PMhe freaking strangles two Xenomorphs in the sewers with ome in each hand

While the Aliens... just kinda let him, and forget about their claws and tails for some reason?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on May 27, 2023, 10:13:02 PMI never felt Wolf was moron. He takes out the power plant trying to kill the Predalien, which is most dangerious Xenomorph of all.
No he doesn't, he blows up the power station by accident by blindly shooting at a regular Alien.

@TheRenegadeMan  can you please just answer the question about what the Redux is? I've asked twice now.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2023, 10:55:36 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on May 27, 2023, 10:13:02 PMI never felt Wolf was moron. He takes out the power plant trying to kill the Predalien, which is most dangerious Xenomorph of all.
No he doesn't, he blows up the power station by accident by blindly shooting at a regular Alien.

@TheRenegadeMan  can you please just answer the question about what the Redux is? I've asked twice now.

Hmmm.. I gotta rewatch AVPR now.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Is it 20 minutes long?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2023, 10:55:36 PM@TheRenegadeMan  can you please just answer the question about what the Redux is? I've asked twice now.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=64257.0

Quote from: Wweyland on May 28, 2023, 09:00:29 PMIs it 20 minutes long?

It's a full 24!

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 28, 2023, 09:24:26 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2023, 10:55:36 PM@TheRenegadeMan  can you please just answer the question about what the Redux is? I've asked twice now.

It's a full 24!
Thats actually fitting for AvP:R . Stash it together with another two short Predator stories and you got an anthology movie brewing.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 28, 2023, 09:24:26 PM

It's a full 24!
So it's condensed incompetence. Amazing.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2023, 10:55:36 PM

He does it intentionally in the first draft. I'm not sure to what purpose, though.

I still need to give that Redux edit a go.

SiL

SiL

A lot of things about the AvP fighting is, oddly, better in the first draft.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2023, 09:54:59 AMHe does it intentionally in the first draft. I'm not sure to what purpose, though. 

Because it's TOTALLY COOL and really BAD@$$!!!1!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 30, 2023, 10:11:51 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2023, 09:54:59 AMHe does it intentionally in the first draft. I'm not sure to what purpose, though. 

Because it's TOTALLY COOL and really BAD@$$!!!1!
According to my obscenity-laden review, yeah, he just walks out and blows up the plant.

But the pool fight scene actually had Wolf get injured, so there's something.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 27, 2023, 10:42:50 PMNah, he repeatedly does things that either make no sense at all, given his cover-up job, or that by all rights should have gotten him killed except the Aliens just behave even dumber instead of reacting normally.

(Edit)
And I'm saying this as someone who's watched it a dozen times and actually enjoyed it most of those times. Wolf is an absolute clown.

On a rewatch his Cleaner antics are puzzling, I mean a Xeno Outbreak is impossible to cover up except with a great shroom.

[cancerblack]

Yeah that's true, but also things like skinning people and leaving them around when A) they were no threat at all, and B) that's just going to raise more of an alarm when he's supposed to be a secret squirrel.

RoguePred1987

wasn't this the edit that was on Youtube years ago?

Eal

Eal

Okay, okay, I'll just admit it: Beyond laughing my ass off at the opening scene of the father-son duo getting brutally murdered, I stopped watching the movie. I know that events happen, people do things, fights occur in the dark, a pregnant woman gives birth to aliens from a Rastafarian Alien, and that an APC™ from Aliens™ appears at the end or something.

I don't actually know for sure if AVPR is a terrible, awful movie, but what I have seen is enough to put me off it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed