What are your favorite Alien-Predator games?

Started by Samhain13, Mar 11, 2019, 12:06:08 AM

What are your favorite Alien-Predator games?

Aliens vs. Predator: The Last of His Clan
0 (0%)
Aliens vs. Predator (SNES)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator (Arcade)
6 (12.2%)
Aliens vs. Predator (Jaguar)
3 (6.1%)
Alien Trilogy (1996)
4 (8.2%)
Aliens vs. Predator Classic (1999)
10 (20.4%)
Alien: Resurrection (2000)
3 (6.1%)
Aliens vs. Predator 2 (2001)
24 (49%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Extinction (2003)
5 (10.2%)
Predator: Concrete Jungle (2005)
10 (20.4%)
Aliens: Extermination (2006)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator (2010)
13 (26.5%)
Predators (2010-2012)
0 (0%)
Aliens: Infestation (2011)
4 (8.2%)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (2013)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Evolution (2013)
0 (0%)
Aliens Armageddon (2014)
0 (0%)
Alien: Isolation (2014)
28 (57.1%)
Alien: Blackout (2018)
0 (0%)
Alien (1982) - Atari 2600
0 (0%)
Alien (1984) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Aliens (US Version) (1986) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Xenomorph (1990) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Aliens (1990) – Arcade
0 (0%)
Alien 3 (1992-1994) – Amiga,
1 (2%)
Alien 3: The Gun (1993) – Arcade
1 (2%)
Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure (1995) – PC
0 (0%)
Aliens: Thanatos Encounter (2001) – GBC
0 (0%)
Predator (1987-1989) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Predator 2 (1990-1992) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Predator: Hunting Grounds
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author
What are your favorite Alien-Predator games? (Read 6,854 times)

The Old One

The Old One

You're right about AVP 2010 it's a spiritual sequel to AVP Classic, but in story it's got nothing to do with it or it's sequels, it's clearly set in the AVP/AVPR continuity.

The Cruentus

Yeah, Karl mentions how he has the memories of charles, who apparently had been using experimental tech to store his memories. Nonsense in my opinion but EU tends to go over board and is usually less grounded.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Added Predator Hunting Grounds. So far I think I still prefer Concrete Jungle but depending on how the game ends up getting like after all the dlc it might come to a tie. I'm really having fun with it so far.

And AVP2 got ahead of Isolation.  :o

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 03, 2020, 11:27:26 AM

High speed low drag multiplayer will always outlive even the nicest looking singleplayer anxiety simulator.

Corporal Hicks

Uhhh. Only being able to choice three is super hard. AvP2 and Alien: Isolation are just choices that jump straight up for me because Isolation is just Alien perfection. AvP2 is the game that ultimately pushed me further into the fandom because of how much I used to play the shit out of that back in secondary school.

But that last one? That's really hard to pick. AvP Classic/Gold and Alien Trilogy were both important to me because that was during the time of my life that it was my fear of Alien that had me so enraptured with the series, and both played a big part in that. I still have vivid memories of not being able to leave that APC in the 3rd marine level of AvP... but I also remember hiding behind the settee watching my Dad play Trilogy...

I also really love 2010. I know it gets some stick, but that melee system was always something I really loved about the game. It made it feel the most visceral of the games, I enjoyed so many game nights of that, and it was also the first I actually got to go see the studio of.

I think it's going to have to be AvP Classic.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 03, 2020, 07:26:16 PM

High speed low drag multiplayer will always outlive even the nicest looking singleplayer anxiety simulator.

Isolation is back in the lead now. I think these 2 will be neck-in-neck throughout.

seattle24

I went for the following:

Alien Isolation - I'll always bat for this being the best thing to come out of the franchise since '86 sheer quality-wise. Still have a hard time believing we got a AAA game based on the first Alien in modern times. [the game] Is often jaw dropping.

Alien 3 the gun - completed this, this year, in Kraków pinball museum. I adore Alien 3, so to experience this is a new, fond memory. Love the Alien 3 aesthetic.

Alien Resurrection - I followed this games development on PlayStation all the way as a kid. I thought it had got scrapped then it kinda appeared out of nowhere as a FPS. Bit like Isolation in the sense it is super immersive, jolty and technically top of the line for its system.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2020, 07:35:55 AM

Isolation is back in the lead now. I think these 2 will be neck-in-neck throughout.

Praise for isolation as an experience, what, six years on? Impressive.

Praise for AvP2 mechanically, nineteen years on? Not many games can boast that.

aliens13

Alien Resurrection, Alien Isolation and AvP2. In that order of preferences.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 04, 2020, 08:46:47 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2020, 07:35:55 AM

Praise for isolation as an experience, what, six years on? Impressive.

Praise for AvP2 mechanically, nineteen years on? Not many games can boast that.

I've no doubt Isolation's praise will likewise continue for years as well.

The Cruentus

AVP2010 is ok, the graphics allowed brilliant amount of gore and it was a fun game, my gripes with it are the alien being on all fours all the time, the short campaigns, poor matchmaking in multiplayer and while the combat system was good, it was bugged and the distance vs damage was terrible.

While I enjoyed the predalien battle in the game, I found the location of it and what the predalien does is just ridiculous. Magma is so hot that you can't even be near it and the predalien swims in it.... :P

426Buddy

Here is my list of the ones I've played in order of enjoyment. Not sure if I'm missing any, didnt realize how many Alien games I've played lol.

ALIEN Isolation
AvP99
AvP Capcom Arcade
Alien3: The Gun
AvP2
AvP2010
Alien Blackout
AvP Jaguar
AvP SNES
Aliens Win95
Aliens Arcade
Alien3 SNES
AvP Gameboy
Alien 3 Gameboy
.........................Aliens:CM.

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 17, 2020, 12:45:44 PM
Here is my list of the ones I've played in order of enjoyment. Not sure if I'm missing any, didnt realize how many Alien games I've played lol.

ALIEN Isolation
AvP99
AvP Capcom Arcade
Alien3: The Gun
AvP2
AvP2010
Alien Blackout
AvP Jaguar
AvP SNES
Aliens Win95
Aliens Arcade
Alien3 SNES
AvP Gameboy
Alien 3 Gameboy
.........................Aliens:CM.

Good choice

TheSailingRabbit

I've been enjoying Isolation.

I need a lot of help with navigating and using random keys because I'm more used to using a controller.

Also my first Alien death was a result of me clocking Stompy on the head with a noisemaker. :P

Samhain13

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jun 19, 2020, 12:03:53 AM
Also my first Alien death was a result of me clocking Stompy on the head with a noisemaker. :P

That's what you get for scaring that poor alien.

Kradan

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jun 19, 2020, 12:03:53 AM
I've been enjoying Isolation.

I need a lot of help with navigating and using random keys because I'm more used to using a controller.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed