More Prometheus Set Pictures Leaked

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 05, 2011, 04:38:31 PM

Author
More Prometheus Set Pictures Leaked (Read 39,557 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: locusta on Jul 06, 2011, 05:35:19 PM
It´s about time that fox shows at least something tiny official. Just for the fans sake and as well to start the marketing rolling.
At San Diego, hopefully!

locusta

Mostly at San Diego. Mostly......

Sabres21768

YAY!

New pics that I didn't have to wait until someone FELT like posting them to see!

harlock

Going back to the earlier comments of LV-426, its true there is nothing that says that it'll feature in the film, but I'm pretty sure we will be seeing the interior of a Jockey-craft. Whether this is the one that becomes the Derelict or just one of many ships, I dont know.

I would like to think though that the Prometheus will involve Jockey-tech and is the Derelict though, even if its just to quench the fanboy within.

Dirty Harry

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Xenoscream

Cool,

Hate to say it, but it might be worth spoiler tagging pictures like this in the future, I mean for me this is border line - I'm really excited about the Giger design and it really confirms in my mind that this is still an Alien prequel despite whats being said.

One thing I picked up from the picture is the little urn like things. Unless someone can say what they are, they remind me of some of the early concept art with the urns in the pyramid (which the first couple of Giger designed facehuggers came out of) could these be what the "pre-huggers" live in?

harlock

Could someone post a little noted picture of these urns? I cant see them and yeah, if true, I guess the pre-huggers would live in them :o

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenoscream on Jul 06, 2011, 09:15:23 PM
One thing I picked up from the picture is the little urn like things. Unless someone can say what they are, they remind me of some of the early concept art with the urns in the pyramid (which the first couple of Giger designed facehuggers came out of) could these be what the "pre-huggers" live in?
They are only initially called urns in the O'Bannon script, and later identified as leathery eggs. They were never actual urns.

RoaryUK

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 06, 2011, 11:15:23 PM
They are only initially called urns in the O'Bannon script, and later identified as leathery eggs. They were never actual urns.

The whole thing looks a bit too symetrical to be urnes or eggs for me, just part of the design of whatever we're seeing, it all seems a bit moulded and precise, not helped by the poor quality of the image.

Valaquen

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jul 07, 2011, 01:52:41 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 06, 2011, 11:15:23 PM

The whole thing looks a bit too symetrical to be urnes or eggs for me, just part of the design of whatever we're seeing, it all seems a bit moulded and precise, not helped by the poor quality of the image.
We may get a better peek at them when the production photos start filing out :)

Dowly

Dowly

The door looks a bit like a part of a facehugger (the top part). In the center, you have the spine and if you look to the sides of it, you see, what to me, looks like joints and "fingers" extending from them.

Or is it just me?  :D

Anyway, thanks for the pics.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Dowly on Jul 08, 2011, 12:36:13 PM
The door looks a bit like a part of a facehugger (the top part). In the center, you have the spine and if you look to the sides of it, you see, what to me, looks like joints and "fingers" extending from them.

Damn, you're absolutely correct Dowly.  That's fantastic.  I kept trying to work out what the image surrounding the door actually was, but you've solved the mystery.  I like the fact that they've designed the image of the facehugger in such a subtle way so that it doesn't immediately jump out at you (no pun intended).

It's a stylized front on view of a facehugger in it's "wrapped around a head" position.

It's a stylized front on view of a facehugger in it's "wrapped around a head" position.

dryheat

hey man, I have Giger's Alien book where this drawing is from. Are those in the drawing supposed to be Space Jockeys or humans?

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jul 05, 2011, 08:54:31 PM
Quote from: Ryu on Jul 05, 2011, 08:23:49 PM
Good news. Someone noticed, the entrance arch, appears to have a face, similar to the Space Jockey? What is interesting is that the entrance is reminiscent of an picture of the unused HR Giger, explaining the reproduction of the Alien.

I take it you mean this....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/hr_giger_alienhieroglyphics.jpg

As for the 'entrance with a face' idea, it's really too dark to tell what that is, but I do believe a pair of hands form the arch and are definately holding something. :)

locusta

Quote from: dryheat on Jul 19, 2011, 12:35:17 AM
hey man, I have Giger's Alien book where this drawing is from. Are those in the drawing supposed to be Space Jockeys or humans?

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jul 05, 2011, 08:54:31 PM
Quote from: Ryu on Jul 05, 2011, 08:23:49 PM
Good news. Someone noticed, the entrance arch, appears to have a face, similar to the Space Jockey? What is interesting is that the entrance is reminiscent of an picture of the unused HR Giger, explaining the reproduction of the Alien.

I take it you mean this....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/hr_giger_alienhieroglyphics.jpg

As for the 'entrance with a face' idea, it's really too dark to tell what that is, but I do believe a pair of hands form the arch and are definately holding something. :)

Good point. Have asked myself long time ago. They have more of a Jockey than a human in spacesuit.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I'm back on the net after a three week holiday, it is good to see some new set photos

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed