Terminator: Resistance for Xbox, PS4, PC Trailer

Started by razeak, Sep 20, 2019, 01:42:48 PM

Author
Terminator: Resistance for Xbox, PS4, PC Trailer (Read 7,793 times)

lost dragon

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 20, 2019, 06:06:44 PM
There's hardly any good Terminator games so the bar is low.

The early games were good:

Console titles were very hit and miss though.

razeak

Holy cow that game looks crazy for era. Cool sound.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: razeak on Oct 28, 2019, 12:25:53 AM
Holy cow that game looks crazy for era. Cool sound.

The particular sound effects, dialogues and music were added to this video clip from films. They are not in original game.

molasar

Huggs

Environments look great.

Everything else seems like crap.

SuperiorIronman

It looks like the FX work isn't done. Like on the Terminator the animation looks too smooth for this and it's mostly because it doesn't look like it's reacting. There's also the death animations which see things just fall over. Battlefront honestly has the right idea where the final shot creates a blasted texture to give the impression something connected but it doesn't look like that here where it's almost necessary given the usage of energy weapons.

I think the T-800 model looks fine though.

There's however the issue with the environment which looks a little generic. Maybe that's just an issue of what we've seen of the levels but it might be better to have an open space.

molasar

molasar

Yeah, the game looks like something from PS3/360 era. Not to mention outdated gameplay. It kind of reminds me Aliens: Colonial Marines. The only thing I like from available footage is a T-800 model, but they should implement movable eyeballs to it to make it almost perfect.

I wish they could put emphasis on more strategic and tactical gameplay system with only known machines from the first two films and destructible, context interactive, semi open environment for both sides instead of making it a generic shooter with additional not established enemies.

I have a feeling that T-800s will become cannon fodder instead of menacing enemy once you get a better weaponry.

Still, the game may end up as an OK roller coaster ride.

Sabres21768

Everything you fight has a health bar? 

I hope you can turn that crap off in the settings.

Mr.Turok

I don't like the voice acting work in the trailer. Coupled with the poorest attempt at the Terminator themed really turned me off. But when I put one of the original themes or the future war theme over it, it looks good as f**k. Terminator Dawn of Fate and The Redemption are up there as the best of all T-Games around by a landslide, and I really want Resistance to be among them.

Hope there is a section where we can play as a Resistance allied T-800/850, that be sick.

PsyKore

Just looks like COD with Terminators. I kinda like it though. :laugh:  I don't really expect a deep game experience though; I just wanna shoot Terminators in cool environments with thick atmosphere and such. Same thing I want from Aliens games.

acrediblesource

The terminators up close are stellar IMHO! The first trailer didn't show it infact they didn't show many T800s at all. But the gameplay footage did. If there is some good Mass Effect type gameplay, I'm sold.

Ultramorph

I'll pick this up. I managed to have fun that busted T3 game that accompanied the movie, so I'm sure this will at least be better than that. The future war is such a great setting for a game.

Give me an HD Dawn of Fate remake!

molasar

molasar

Full walkthrough (update: video clips changed into private until Friday, I believe)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY7t8cm9jDgvXtA57ZylFXONQGy3wHVGl

The game definitely belongs to PS3/360 era. And it is not the best among its competitors from that period of time. Only for hardcore fans of the franchise driven by nostalgia.

The Dutch Ghost

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 12, 2019, 06:06:54 PM
I'll pick this up. I managed to have fun that busted T3 game that accompanied the movie, so I'm sure this will at least be better than that. The future war is such a great setting for a game.

Give me an HD Dawn of Fate remake!

I like Dawn of Fate but I would not mind if a remake would be first person and the Tech Com resistance fighters looking more like the ones in Terminator 1 and 2.
I do like a lot of the additional new Skynet war machines and the machine men.

As for Terminator Resistance. It is actually an okay shooter, just don't expect anything exceptional of it as it is not a triple A game and has its flaws here and there like the AI and the animation and such not being up to the standard of current day games.
But for Terminator fans it really recreates the atmosphere of the Future War which was shown through flashbacks in Terminator 1 and 2 and fortunately nothing from Terminator 3 and the movies after it.

Nostromo

Terminator Resistance is great, for me at least. Almost as good as Isolation. Definitely recommend it, the scenery and music is top notch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed