Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight

Started by Olde, Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Author
Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight (Read 31,437 times)

Gruyères

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Nov 13, 2016, 09:59:18 PM
Another upcoming first person game that looks like a perfect companion piece to Scorn, Agony.

Let me be a simpleton: teeth and tits  ;D

Yeah, this game looks really good and as you've said, should be the perfect Scorn companion.

DB

Both Scorn and Agony look like they have some potential but I've been playing this game for too long to let myself truly get excited about these things.

Agony's gameplay doesn't look very exciting at all. I'm mostly just a sucker for artistic depictions of Hell. I'm more interested in what the demons and environments are like than anything else.

DorkiDori

Scorn looks like most of us had hoped the Engineers planet would look....

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DorkiDori on Dec 30, 2016, 06:50:56 PM

Probably the reason I'm actually quite excited about it. I just love the aesthetics.

I just hope I do get to see it in an Alien film at some point.  :laugh:

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

I thought this game was cancelled due to lack of funding since the Kickstarter didnt meet its goals, but apparently a private investor gave all the money to Ebb software, so production starts in February which is great news.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/scorn-returns-after-failed-kickstarter-production-begins-in-february/

kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/571331118/scorn-episode-one

Corporal Hicks

Never even realized it was attempting to crowd fund.  :-[

Mr.Turok

Quote from: DorkiDori on Dec 30, 2016, 06:50:56 PM

Thinking about this now, I would love a setting like this in an Alien or AVP game.
The game looks sick too! Can't wait for it to be released :)

Olde

The game's been on Steam's Greenlight page for months and production has been going on for a long time. That article is almost two years old.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: Olde on Jan 09, 2017, 07:19:45 AM
The game's been on Steam's Greenlight page for months and production has been going on for a long time. That article is almost two years old.
thanks for teh heads up, looked at the date but must have glanced past the year

Deathbearer

Any updates? I haven't found anything new and I'm starting to think the game's dead.

Olde

It's not dead. Ebb Software released a Facebook update two days ago: https://www.facebook.com/scorngame/posts/1314931271909487

Here are some new screenshots.

Gate

Oh christ, now it's got some War of the Worlds asthetics mixed in. Much darker, grittier.

Corporal Hicks

I really can't wait to see more of this. It looks really really interesting. Seems to have been in the making forever.

Corporal Hicks

https://scorn-game.com/blogs/news/kickstarter-announcement

QuoteFor the past two years, our team has been working hard on the development of Scorn. Our studio has grown to over 20 people and we have entered the financial partnership with Humble Bundle, which helped us immensely at the time.

Despite all the struggles we've been through since we began working on the Scorn, we are still determined to keep the project alive. We have never compromised on the quality of the game, and we're not planning to do so now.

We are getting close to completion of Part 1, but we're not really satisfied with all the aspects of the game.  After much internal deliberation, we decided that it would be the best to try and acquire additional resources, taking more time to polish the game, rather than releasing something we're not entirely happy with.

With all that said, we are pushing the release date for 2018. More development time would give us an opportunity to expand the scope and polish the game the way we really want to. And in order to make all this happen, we decided to organize a Kickstarter campaign to acquire the necessary resources.

The Kickstarter campaign will launch on September the 5th, along with a brand-new gameplay trailer. We immensely appreciate your support, and we have prepared both physical and digital rewards for our backers. To show our gratitude, we are working hard to make a game demo available for all our supporters and give you a first-hand Scorn experience.

We have added a newsletter subscription to our website, and we will send regular updates about the campaign and the game's development to anyone who wishes to subscribe. You can also help us spread the word by backing us on Thunderclap, so we could send the message far and wide through social media.

I think I'll likely be backing this!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed