Maybe the final frontier is really where it should all stay.

Started by ChasuFett, Dec 22, 2007, 12:12:16 AM

Author
Maybe the final frontier is really where it should all stay. (Read 1,682 times)

ChasuFett

I haven't seen AVP-R, except for a few clips. So this isn't a spoiler.

I've been thinking about these AVP movies, lately. Hard. The more I think about it, the more I realize it's probably true. The truth is that NONE of the AVP movies should've EVER taken place on Earth. I think I'm finally understanding why Sigourney Weaver herself, said the same thing for an Alien 5 movie. These kind of movies really needs to be in the future, in some abandoned, desolate Alien world or space station. And it should always be a situation where the Preds and Humans are entering into an already well-established Alien hive, or where they have one Alien on the loose in their space station or planetary residence. The Aliens need to have the same kind of suspense and ominous presence as in the first Alien. It should be futuristic, dark, gritty, and intense. That is what gives these movies the authenticity and the genuinely horrorific personality.

That's my rant for the day.

megachu17

personally, i lik the suspence aspect, but with alot of aliens, i wouldnt mind a setting similar 2 the 1 in this movie, it just needs 2 be playd out better.  lik swarms of aliens just spilling out on2 the street and slatering hundreds of ppl simutaniously...*drool*

SiL

Further and further in sci-fi channel obscurity we go ...

megachu17

well, if it had some good production value, that may look good(im thinking kinda lik 8-legged freaks, where the spiders just start killing ppl in the streets...but with aliens...)

Bronx19

I said it days ago, get this series back into space ASAP.

Gacu666

Yeah or at least make it world scale, not just some backed up redneck town (no offence).

And no teenagers... puhleease.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: megachu17 on Dec 22, 2007, 12:18:21 AM
well, if it had some good production value, that may look good(im thinking kinda lik 8-legged freaks, where the spiders just start killing ppl in the streets...but with aliens...)

That would be a horrible Alien movie.

ChasuFett

Sorry, but I disagree. That is precisely the kind of movie that would ruin the Alien's presence. They're not supposed to be your average popcorn-flick monster. If you portray them like that, they would lose all the suspense and uncertainty that they carry. That just isn't their style, man. They're have to be creepy, stealthy, sneaky, and cunning. Rather than openly running around on the streets killing people, they should ambush people when and where they least expect it, they should stalk their prey and make people sweat, cry, and dread their very presence. That is the style of the Aliens.

megachu17

well, in groups they seem 2 swarm while when theres just individual aliens, they r very stelthy("aliens" as oposed 2 "alien" or "alien3"...hmm, kinda lik locust...) so that would kinda be natural behavior for them, but i no where ur coming from

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 22, 2007, 12:32:00 AM

That would be a horrible Alien movie.

Instant credibility lost. B movie. At least the Strauses are attempting to avoid all the cheesy angles.

jimmylace

I agree with the OP totally. The Alien should be nowhere near Earth or present day. Guess we can blame John Davis for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed