AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Guy Pearce Returns for Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 29, 2016, 06:05:47 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Guy Pearce Returns for Alien: Covenant! (Read 49,129 times)

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

Here it is Hicks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHUhjTo16i8 first 20 mins, but still I LOVE this start. Add in more dialogue like Janek and Vickers cut scene and its far more like the movie I wanted.

Hi HuDaFuK, yes and it's extended by a few mins in this cut with stuff I had never seen from the TED talk. Didn't realise there was a longer version of the TED talk.

TheBATMAN

It's such a shame the TED talk was never shot for the movie. There's a fan edit out there similar to this but with an added shot of old Weyland watching Shaw's transmission from his office on Mars. It was really well done.

TheBATMAN: "added shot of old Weyland watching Shaw's transmission from his office on Mars." Please post a link, I'd love to see that!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: itshouldneverhavebeenabug on Nov 01, 2016, 03:28:52 PM
Here it is Hicks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHUhjTo16i8 first 20 mins, but still I LOVE this start. Add in more dialogue like Janek and Vickers cut scene and its far more like the movie I wanted.

Thanks for sharing, bug (get registered already!) Love the extended version of the TED talk but not keen on it and the Quiet Eye being put into the film. Just doesn't work for me.

BishopShouldGo

The only flaw is that Weyland misuses the logical fallacy "begs the question" lol.

SamuelDL

Great news! Because although he did not convince me as an old man, in the TED talk it seemed sensational. That starts with David looks very promising.

CainsSon

Of course this also means its not entirely unlikely that VICKERS will also make a cameo.

motherfather

motherfather

I was thinking about that too. Id rather not have her if she is just another cash-syphoning expensive cameo. Theron can act when she puts her mind to it. Either it was the script (most likely) or her performance, but she was a waste of space in Prometheus. That role could have been sooo much more and could have easily eclipsed David's. Id rather not have her back unless she has a meaningful role and puts her acting chops behind it. Not that I have a choice anyway...

(Im not against Theron, but her role needs to add deep rooted non-superficial value, not just be thrown in there as a tacky cameo)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think Guy Pearce and Weyland has more presence. Granted, it was only really in the TED viral that he stood out but everyone talks about that viral and knows it, so I think there's still some appetite to have him back. I can't say I'd really be interested in Vickers coming back.

QuoteLRM: I think the last time we spoke was for "Prometheus" and I thought this new movie was going to be sequel, but I also didn't think you or your character Peter Weyland would be in it What can you say about that? Are you just doing more promos as Peter Weyland for the movie?

Guy Pearce: I can't give it away. (laughs)

LRM: So far, nothing I've seen from the movie makes it seem like a sequel to "Prometheus" but you're one of the few returning actors...

Guy Pearce: Yeah, well, I'm not sure how to answer that without giving too much away. (laughs) Just that I'm involved somehow.

See more at: http://lrmonline.com/news/brimstone-guy-pearce-on-the-dark-western#sthash.Jn1RpCL0.dpuf

BishopShouldGo

Perfectly ok with Guy making appearances in every new Alien film. Really will never understand though why a WEYLAND was never a main character though.

Marcus9000

Guy Pearce is a good actor. He's come a long way since Mike in Neighbours!

Was Weyland evil? I don't think so. Just a Titan of his age and a man who wanted everything.

I quite liked the TED talk also.

Would love it if Ridley cut together a longer version of Prometheus as for an epic film it is quite short. A film with so many ideas and scope deserves a 2.5-3 hour version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed