First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 52,461 times)

BlazinBlueReview

Russ840

Russ840

I really hope this goes somewhere.

Perfect-Organism

Wow!

I love you Marvel but we all sometimes need tough love.  I hope this is an opportunity for corporate growth for Marvel and they take ownership for their mistake.

BlazinBlueReview

Now that this is getting more ground. I feel like it could be the start of something. And hope that Marvel does admit their mistake and corrects it.

If have the chance, keep spreading the word.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Sep 03, 2020, 11:39:23 AM

One of the best ways to send this message to Marvel is don't buy it as judge death suggested. Its like voting. Your purchase is your vote. I also think posting on Lands page is an excellent idea. This way fans who may not know this become aware of this.

Oh don't worry, I wasn't gonna buy it anyway  :D

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 02, 2020, 08:17:06 PM
This is brave for AVP Galaxy to address this issue and I would say very commendable.

I agree. I hope Galaxy continues to signal boost this issue here and across social media. This is a story that deserves to stay in the limelight until a resolution is reached.

Something I'm seeing on Twitter is concern for the personnel being anthologized in this book not receiving any kind of payment. Am I wrong in that the writers and artists should never expect that to begin with because the properties aren't owned by them anyway?

I'm kind of a noob with comics, as I've only read the A/P books and tend to order them online in TPB format. What does direct market mean? Obviously, if I was able to get this book, I would want the Mark Nelson cover. Does direct market mean I can only get that book in person at a few comic book stores?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Hudson on Sep 03, 2020, 02:29:08 PM
This is brave for AVP Galaxy to address this issue and I would say very commendable.

I agree. I hope Galaxy continues to signal boost this issue here and across social media. This is a story that deserves to stay in the limelight until a resolution is reached.

Something I'm seeing on Twitter is concern for the personnel being anthologized in this book not receiving any kind of payment. Am I wrong in that the writers and artists should never expect that to begin with because the properties aren't owned by them anyway?

I'm kind of a noob with comics, as I've only read the A/P books and tend to order them online in TPB format. What does direct market mean? Obviously, if I was able to get this book, I would want the Mark Nelson cover. Does direct market mean I can only get that book in person at a few comic book stores?

Depending on contracts they might get something, they might not. It's all a bit inconsistent. Marvel though has no reason to pay any of the former creatives which is unfortunate but as I've seen one of them post, just really how could they have known the books would be getting reprints let alone decades later or even being owned by a different company. So some making these contracts probably just didn't count on anything like this even being a factor.

Direct market is your comic shop, book stores, or even Amazon. Basically just retailers who get the "new" product. Second hand retailers would be like Ebay or a garage sale, in some cases a used book store.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: David's Creation on Sep 03, 2020, 03:24:50 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 03, 2020, 02:46:57 AM
Is there a way to see Countdown in its entirety short of buying this?
Whole thing is on various free websites.

Well, it was free originally.  I don't know what DH was thinking back then, to make this work so disposable...

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Sep 03, 2020, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Sep 03, 2020, 02:29:08 PM

Depending on contracts they might get something, they might not. It's all a bit inconsistent. Marvel though has no reason to pay any of the former creatives which is unfortunate but as I've seen one of them post, just really how could they have known the books would be getting reprints let alone decades later or even being owned by a different company. So some making these contracts probably just didn't count on anything like this even being a factor.

Direct market is your comic shop, book stores, or even Amazon. Basically just retailers who get the "new" product. Second hand retailers would be like Ebay or a garage sale, in some cases a used book store.

Amazon is not the direct market.  Direct market is as you said, comic shops and online retailers who are primarily dealing with comics. I have been buying from amazon as my primary source of Comic collections for 17 years and they have never stocked DM variants.

RidgeTop

Next piece found by @RamonVillalobos. Checked in Photoshop again myself, perfect fit with this Eaglemoss Warrior

https://twitter.com/e_vb_/status/1301636132858458112

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

BlazinBlueReview

Finally hits Cbr. Was wondering how long it was going to take. Only took roughly 3 days to hit.

This helps make it loud for MARVEL.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 04, 2020, 04:08:26 AM
https://www.cbr.com/aliens-tristan-jones-accuse-greg-land-plagiarizing-art-marvel-omnibus/amp/

Well, Marvel can't really ignore this now.  Can they?

PVC

PVC

Hi.  I told you couple of weeks ago ...." They will kill it ".... They did
What a shame .....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed