Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in Fede Alvarez Alien Film!

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Nov 16, 2022, 07:51:33 PM

Author
Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in Fede Alvarez Alien Film! (Read 21,193 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Pity, she is severely f**kable.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 18, 2022, 01:41:48 PMPity, she is severely f**kable.

I wouldn't worry about the validity of the Spaeney claim. Deadline ultimately had it and there's no questioning their credibility.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, Deadline dropping that one gives me real faith in that bit of news being accurate. It's just the "Romulus" thing that I'm now not so sure about (though given the thematic implications of it, I'd love for it to end up being true, even if it's just a working title).

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Reminds me of the time we were covering the making of "Alien: Covenant" before filming started. It was still called "Alien: Paradise Lost" back then. Then we heard from a casting agency that they were going to film it in Rome. Hicks even had it on the main news page.

It was only upon closer investigation that I discovered that somehow they'd gotten their info mixed up with a bookstore called "Paradise Lost" located in Rome, Georgia, USA.

One of the Covenant writers might have seen all the Rome speculation on here because we ended up with David's "when in Rome" line in Covenant.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

razeak

It's totally Amanda Ripley lol.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: razeak on Nov 30, 2022, 03:25:38 AMIt's totally Amanda Ripley lol.

20th Century picked up the project "purely off the strength of Fede's pitch," said division president Steve Asbell. "It was just a really good story with a bunch of characters you haven't seen before."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/alien-movie-fede-alvarez-20th-century-studios-1235037155/

Cognitive Dissident

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 18, 2022, 11:41:19 AMFor whatever it is worth, the Sneider guy mentioned the "Romulus" name during his stream last night when saying he didn't have any new news to announce about the film, though that might very well just be because he saw the title floating around online before he went live and not a sign of it actually being true (since he doesn't seem like the most, erm, respectable guy in the industry either).

Not a fan of this guy either, Romulus sounds a little silly

Nightmare Asylum

It's a bit clunky as a title for sure (sounds more like a working title in that regard), but thematically, I'm into it if it does end up being real/indicative of what the movie is going for.

skhellter

previous alien movies had clunky working titles as well.

they'll find something better.

TC

I didn't know who the actor was playing the teenage boy in Devs; then I found out he was a she. Needless to say, Spaeny did a superb job. But for an Alien role she was probably cast more for her performance in Pacific Rim Uprising (spunky, kick-ass adolescent female). I think she'll do well.

TC

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TC on Dec 04, 2022, 02:13:51 AMPacific Rim Uprising

Fake movie, doesn't exist.

JDrums

From Cailee Spaeny's Instagram Stories.

BlueMarsalis79

Well damn, I'd say it's a sure thing now then.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Probably too much to hope that the Giger aesthetic is back from that single random post, but here's hoping anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed