Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in Fede Alvarez Alien Film!

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Nov 16, 2022, 07:51:33 PM

Author
Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in Fede Alvarez Alien Film! (Read 21,959 times)

Gimitko

Its called Alien:Romulus and it starts shooting in February, per scooper DanielRPK

RidgeTop

Are we finally getting that Alien/Star Trek crossover?!

Nightmare Asylum

If true, this is obviously riffing on Romulus founding Rome (and likely the Romulus/Remus myth which Raised By Wolves was also playing with a lot). It definitely feels like an appropriate title in the wake of Prometheus and Covenant...

Lots of Roman-influenced architecture on the Engineer world in Covenant, too.

Gimitko

"It will essentially follow the same formula as every other Alien film: a group crash lands on an Alien planet, and find themselves being hunted by Xenomorphs."

Nightmare Asylum

More stuff from that DanielRPK source, I guess (though I can't find the root of his report):

https://twitter.com/3CFilmss/status/1593374044987990016

Doing something a bit more 'basic' is something I was expecting here, since the show seems to be going all-out with the more expansive mythology. Though with a title (be it a working title or final title) like Romulus, I have to imagine there are some larger, more mythic implications at least running in the undercurrent. Maybe it is an Engineer world they're on?

And presumably, as was the case in Prometheus and Covenant before it, I'd imagine that Romulus is likely also the name of the ship (or perhaps, the planet?) in the film, just to neatly pull something in-world into the title on top of the more mythic/allegorical allusions that come with it.

Gimitko

The RPK info is from his Patreon lmao, he is one of those guys that monetizes that stuff. Also Jeff Sneider will be dropping more casting news/rumors for it today.

David Weyland

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: David Weyland on Nov 17, 2022, 11:06:23 PMOrigae 6 😄

"I think if we are kind, it will be a kind world."

Quote from: Gimitko on Nov 16, 2022, 09:52:07 PMReporter Jeff Sneider teased he will be dropping more Alien news tomorrow

If anything comes of this, it'll be on here. Live now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58IVA7R7i7A&list=PLWhZZEYoeaYDnefV6OuvQBaMudPxARbPa

EDIT: He had no other scoop regarding Romulus. He just spent the time complaining about 20th Century Studios giving Deadline the
Cailee Spaeny scoop instead of confirming it on his end so he could run with it. No need to bother watching this.

Gimitko

He got no Alien news, it was for a different Fox project.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 17, 2022, 11:09:02 PM
Quote from: David Weyland on Nov 17, 2022, 11:06:23 PMOrigae 6 😄

"I think if we are kind, it will be a kind world."

Quote from: Gimitko on Nov 16, 2022, 09:52:07 PMReporter Jeff Sneider teased he will be dropping more Alien news tomorrow

If anything comes of this, it'll be on here. Live now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58IVA7R7i7A&list=PLWhZZEYoeaYDnefV6OuvQBaMudPxARbPa

EDIT: He had no other scoop regarding Romulus. He just spent the time complaining about 20th Century Studios giving Deadline the
Cailee Spaeny scoop instead of confirming it on his end so he could run with it. No need to bother watching this.

Sneider isn't well liked in the film community. He's known as a drama queen. He could have said the stuff to hype up nothing because he was jealous someone else scooped it before him.

kwisatz

Quote from: Gimitko on Nov 17, 2022, 09:53:37 PMAlien:Romulus

Superfacehugger confirmed

Spoiler
[close]

nanison

Well if there are engineers I hope they'll look less generic than the ones in Ridley's vision.

Ingwar

75m budget? That's quite a lot considering it goes straight into streaming. Prey cost 65m fot comparison.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gimitko on Nov 17, 2022, 11:03:17 PMThe RPK info is from his Patreon lmao, he is one of those guys that monetizes that stuff. Also Jeff Sneider will be dropping more casting news/rumors for it today.

I recognize the name, but I can't recall if he actually turns out being accurate?

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/02/aipt-rumor-source-rater/

QuoteMost of DanielRPK's stuff is behind a paywall on Patreon, which is totally fine. We've all got to make a living. But if you're going to charge for inside information, then you should probably have a better batting average than he does. Even if Richtman labels his information as a "rumor," the attached price tag puts it under a bit more scrutiny.

Most of DanielRPK's correct predictions (that we can find) appear to be trailer release dates and title reveals as opposed to plot/casting exclusives. Also, a good deal of his information gets leaked or is personally revealed by Daniel on his Twitter account.

It should be noted that DanielRPK occasionally deletes some of his inaccurate claims, which is both weak and embarrassing.

Ohhhhh. This is the guy that WeGotThisCovered always credits with all their bullshit news.

That's that then. It's bullshit.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ahhh, didn't realize he was one of WGTC's "sources." :-\

I would be very interested/curious if this pans out (and kind of hope it does) but, given the WGTC connection, I'm not going to put any immediate stock in it at the moment then.

For whatever it is worth, the Sneider guy mentioned the "Romulus" name during his stream last night when saying he didn't have any new news to announce about the film, though that might very well just be because he saw the title floating around online before he went live and not a sign of it actually being true (since he doesn't seem like the most, erm, respectable guy in the industry either).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed