Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in Fede Alvarez Alien Film!

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Nov 16, 2022, 07:51:33 PM

Author
Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in Fede Alvarez Alien Film! (Read 21,222 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Cailee Spaeny Circling New 'Alien' Movie At 20th Century And Scott Free

https://deadline.com/2022/11/cailee-spaeny-alien-movie-20th-century-scott-free-1235174184/

Some Old Dude

Being in two Alex Garland projects instantly qualifies her as an Alien lead lol. I imagine she'll do an awesome job.

I just hope she's not playing a grown up Newt like someone I know guessed. Don't put that evil out there.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Nov 16, 2022, 08:20:27 PMBeing in two Alex Garland projects instantly qualifies her as an Alien lead lol. I imagine she'll do an awesome job.

Aye, I loved Devs (didn't even realize that was her in Devs until your post!) and can't wait for Civil War.

On a similar note – Garland would be a very solid choice for an Alien film. Men really doubled down on that for me.

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Nov 16, 2022, 08:20:27 PMI just hope she's not playing a grown up Newt like someone I know guessed. Don't put that evil out there.

For what it's worth, when the film was originally announced Steve Asbell highlighted that it would be centered around new characters.

SiL

But didn't Perfect Organism say they'd already started filming?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Nov 16, 2022, 08:43:58 PMBut didn't Perfect Organism say they'd already started filming?

Given that she's currently filming Priscilla....  :laugh:

Pre-production definitely seems to be well underway, though, if we're too infer from Dane Hallett's post that he is indeed currently working on this project. But I'd definitely say PO was off the mark about production having already kicked off in secret, which always seemed like a very big stretch.

Rankles75

Would be great if she is an adult Newt, but don't see this having any connection to what has gone before.

SiL

Would be f**king awful if she were an adult Newt.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah. We already escaped that twice with Blomkamp's film and... The Predator, of all things. No need to tempt fate again and risk it.

Gimitko

Reporter Jeff Sneider teased he will be dropping more Alien news tomorrow

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

Quote from: SiL on Nov 16, 2022, 08:43:58 PMBut didn't Perfect Organism say they'd already started filming?

Fede Alvarez and a crew with cameras in locations, could just be location scouting.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 16, 2022, 08:25:45 PM
Quote from: Some Old Dude on Nov 16, 2022, 08:20:27 PMBeing in two Alex Garland projects instantly qualifies her as an Alien lead lol. I imagine she'll do an awesome job.

Aye, I loved Devs (didn't even realize that was her in Devs until your post!) and can't wait for Civil War.

On a similar note – Garland would be a very solid choice for an Alien film. Men really doubled down on that for me.

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Nov 16, 2022, 08:20:27 PMI just hope she's not playing a grown up Newt like someone I know guessed. Don't put that evil out there.

For what it's worth, when the film was originally announced Steve Asbell highlighted that it would be centered around new characters.

Garland would be perfect, and has opted to take a break from directing and choosing to focus on writing so it wouldn't be out of the question he'd at least write one.

Mike’s Monsters

They did, but never confirmed anything. I honestly think they were jazzed that they spoke to him a bit, and maybe fluffed it up a bit more to sound like they knew things that no one else does. Just itching for an exclusive.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Gimitko on Nov 16, 2022, 09:52:07 PMReporter Jeff Sneider teased he will be dropping more Alien news tomorrow

Is that in reference to this Tweet? Do we know for sure that it is Alien related?

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/1592970554763771904

EDIT: Oh, yep, just found the context. I guess it's potentially Alien related:

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/1592968334555099136

I don't particularly like/follow this guy's account, but I'm curious to see what he ends up saying tomorrow.

RidgeTop

I guess they're confident. Seems awfully weird to me a movie would be currently shooting before sealing the deal with the lead.

Local Trouble

That's totally Newt. :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We know PO have been talking to Fede since Alien Day at least, so I suspect he's told them bits on the down-low. I've been trying to find out more myself over the last few months and I'm hearing that Alien is in Budapest at least (not confirmed that it is shooting) but I'm also hearing from someone else I really trust they're still casting and filming is early next year.

Could they have been doing second unit or creature stuff? Or just scenes not involving the primary cast/characters? I have a slight idea who Spaeny could be playing, it's not Newt.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 16, 2022, 10:48:36 PMI don't particularly like/follow this guy's account, but I'm curious to see what he ends up saying tomorrow.

If memory serves he used to work for Collider. Sounds like we could be having some juicy details from him over the situation. Am curious to see what he's got!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed