Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2022, 08:50:29 AM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus (Read 39,382 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I LOVE that cover, I will say though.

Engineer

Quote from: Some Old Dude on May 21, 2022, 07:26:42 AMFinally an actual artist. I'm a bit weary on the writer since he seems to have the worlds blandest takes on mainstream superheroes, but I'll actually give it a shot now.

Imo the writer is pretty terrible. Even some of the things he says in interviews makes me cringe and roll my eyes.

Kradan

Kimarhi

The cover is also very old skool.  Reminds me of the individual Female War covers from back in the day. 

Since I've been out of the game on the EU happenings for a little while now, what are the releases of the writer/artist that is leaving the Marvel comics?  I know about his tracing and all that bs and that he is kind of a douche, but I've never not bought an Alien comic series before, and as a completionist I have to go on and continue the one hobby that I actually am a completionist about. 

I know he did the original six issues, which I have in tpb form, and I know he's doing the Alien 3 style one that is (how many issues)?  Is the Annual one an actual collection of everything or is it another series he's doing?

TY TY

BlueMarsalis79

skhellter

I read somewhere that the RPG now has elements from the Marvel comics.
Will the EU fully "align itself" at some point? Will elements from the titan novels show up here and vice-versa?

I'll give these comics a new shot with this new artist in charge.

Nightmare Asylum

I know that Phillip Kennedy Johnson has been talking since pretty much day one about his third arc being centered around synths (though I'd imagine at that point, that third arc have started in issue 13, not a relaunched issue 1), which given what we know about the franchise's future on Hulu has me wondering a bit if maybe he's seen/had access to any of the treatments/scripts for Hawley's show, in order to align some of his ideas with what that seemingly synth-heavy series is going to be doing.

skhellter

most likely... he hasn't seen anything and any overlaps will be accidental at most.

Nightmare Asylum

I'd imagine, at the very least, he might have been given a guideline or two on things to not reference so as to not step on the toes of what the show is doing/might do, even if there is no direct tie in between the two. Like how basically anything prequel era was off limits to Dark Horse as Covenant was releasing and a Covenant sequel was potentially on the horizon.

skhellter

i imagine the show and new movie will contradict most things in the EU.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: skhellter on May 23, 2022, 01:36:43 PMi imagine the show and new movie will contradict most things in the EU.

You mean the ever-continuing adventures of Zula Hendricks and Amanda Ripley won't be getting the big screen treatment? :D

Xiggz456

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 23, 2022, 12:41:32 PMI know that Phillip Kennedy Johnson has been talking since pretty much day one about his third arc being centered around synths (though I'd imagine at that point, that third arc have started in issue 13, not a relaunched issue 1), which given what we know about the franchise's future on Hulu has me wondering a bit if maybe he's seen/had access to any of the treatments/scripts for Hawley's show, in order to align some of his ideas with what that seemingly synth-heavy series is going to be doing.

In a recent interview he mentioned reaching out to the folks involved with the show to ensure that the stories don't contradict, but they didn't offer up much so he said he had to contact other means to get some info (guessing that it's Gaska). He's really wanting everything to connect so I appreciate the effort of reaching out to the various new creators and that he's willing to collaborate. 

skhellter

an effort on his part, not theirs (the showrunners)

EU would be better off just going on their own way. Just make it its own universe.
Would be much better for all the writers and artists working on it.

XENOMOEPHOSIS

Neat Comic, would've though there be a feature on the WebSite concerning ALIEN 3's 30th anniversary May 2022

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed