Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 01, 2019, 06:44:44 PM

Author
Lady Gaga, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Adam Driver in Ridley Scott's House of Gucci (Read 42,420 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ingwar on May 08, 2021, 06:45:16 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 07, 2021, 04:21:22 PM
43 days of shooting on House of Gucci apparently.

43 days equals 6 weeks. They started shooting at the end of February and finished at the beginning of May, which gives 8 to 9 weeks. Does it mean they didn't shoot at weekends? Is that common practice? I always thought shooting a movie happens without days off, unless necessary.

Can't speak for this shoot specifically, but on stuff I've been on (much smaller scale, of course) the standard I've noticed is that shoots tend to be 6 day weeks, give or take. With certain departments still working on off days, even if the cameras aren't rolling, to prep for what's to come. Those off days where departments are working wouldn't be considered actual shoot days though.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Thanks. Makes sense though.

Quote"That's a wrap, Rid #HouseOfGucci" Lady Gaga via Instagram

QuoteHouse of Gucci script burning after wrap

Ingwar

Salma about working with Gaga and Scott.

Quote"We were talking on the phone and she was already Patrizia. ... Her accent was perfect," Hayek says. "I think we had a lot of fun reliving scenes that are not even in the movie and she is the ultimate professional, and I could not wait to get on that set. We really couldn't wait to get on the set and just do it and do it together and play off of each other."

"Gucci" marked Hayek's return to work last month after battling a near-fatal case of COVID during the early days of the pandemic. "It was the perfect job to just get back into it," she says.

Working with Gaga sounded perfect, too.

"She is incredibly talented, incredibly smart. And she has on top of all that, extra abilities that not every brilliant actor has, which is she's good with the accent," Hayek says. "Of course, she has an amazing ear. She is extraordinary improvising, and not everybody has that. She really embodies the character. Her level of commitment — I've only seen maybe once or twice somebody commit to a character like she does. And she's also a great team player."

Hayek said "it was a dream" to work with Scott. "I was expecting nothing but the best from Ridley, so it would have been hard to be surprised in any way, but what I was not expecting is how much fun it is to work with him," she said. "I was expecting it of Lady Gaga, but he is a lot of fun on the set. And how much freedom, you feel a lot of freedom and you feel so safe. His attention to detail, nothing misses his eye — nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing. From before doing the scenes and also during the scenes, he misses nothing."

Hayek also enjoyed putting on some weight for the role. "I was in Italy and it was like a dream come true," she remembers. "You're in Rome and you're in a movie and it's the rounder you are, the better it is for your character. That to me was nirvana. I swear I would order with a smile on my face: 'I'll have the pasta again.' I love pasta. And it would come and it would be like guilt-free and — Oh, my God — it was delicious."

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/salma-hayek-lady-gaga-house-of-gucci-ridley-scott-1234977571/

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

According IMDb, House of Gucci will premiere at the following 2021 fall film festivals:

•September 1 (Venice, Italy)
•September 2  (Telluride, Colorado)
•September 10 (Toronto, Canada)
•September 24 (New York)
•October 6 (London, UK)

[EDIT]

Unsurprisingly the above information is not correct:

https://twitter.com/jazzt/status/1403131892539396098

Stolen

The boss.
The guy makes two films in one year, prepares the next one. During the Covid. At 83 years old.
This is called experience, talent, work.

Nightmare Asylum

Chugging along to get to Napoleon and then "Untitled Alien: Covenant Sequel" next, I presume. ;)

Ingwar

Quote"Al Pacino — who is the nicest, sweetest man — came to me and said: 'Hey, I hear you only give two takes. Can you give me three if I need it?' I said, 'Al, dude, you are the master of the universe, you can have as many as you want.' The actor is the virtuoso of who they are. Not you. So if the actor feels like playing their instrument, if he or she could hit a slightly better, higher or lower note, let them do it! Let them do it!"

https://cultmtl.com/2021/07/ridley-scott-behind-the-scenes-and-in-his-own-words-duellists-alien-gladiator-blade-runner-house-of-gucci/

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

There was an interview with Adam Driver about a week ago in which he admitted that he wasn't too keen on the two take thing. Said back in his Broadway years, he always gave his best performance during the last show because all the previous showings had given him plenty of practice.

One wonders if Driver had simply asked Scott for more takes, but then again, Driver isn't quite in the same league as Al Pacino yet.

Ingwar

He's not "master of the universe" yet :)

City Hunter Yautja

Ridley directs Adam Driver at last. Driver deserves to be in a Alien film or episode.

Stolen

Nightmare Asylum

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Jul 23, 2021, 07:12:03 AM
Trailer on July 29.

Always remember to cite your sources otherwise we're gonna blame you if there's nothing on the 29th.  :P

Ingwar

QuoteNovember. House of Gucci , the new Ridley Scott film starring Adam Driver, Lady Gaga, Jared Leto, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons . The trailer of this is not shown, because the international launch will take place on July 29.

https://cineguru.screenweek.it/2021/07/cine-2021-medusa-eagle-lucky-red-bim-koch-media-30283/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed