Vikings (TV Series)

Started by Never say no to Panda!, Mar 08, 2014, 08:14:43 AM

Author
Vikings (TV Series) (Read 3,166 times)

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

No thread yet? At least I've found none using the search function.
Though, I'm sure there was one...whatever:

Season 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdm7Z3TQhDg#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn8lrGYsbVc#

Season 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTzYlqJvzFI#ws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXOej9DUHJ4#ws

S2 is airing atm, I really love that show so far...good diversion until the next season of GoT

greetings

Rong

Rong

i watched a few eps off the first seasons...

My wife calls it sexy hipster vikings cause everyone is too good looking to be viking apparently lol i liked it, just never got around to watching the rest of the season... might try and catch up/

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

...AND they have sexy warrior chicks  :o
I see the quality level of this show somewhere between Spartacus and "more serious stuff" like Rome.
At least i like it more than "Black Sails".

That bit in the S2 trailer reminds me of Hannibal

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Last Episode was pretty good but...

Spoiler
Isn't it a bit naive to leave for raiding, deny your treacherous brother to come with you AND leave him back with his scheming wife AND a former enemy (after you broke the vow to take him with you as well) I could imagine that his brother might keep calm but how big are the chances that ALL 3 act loyal. No wonder this episode was called "Treachery".

And these vikings are tougher than Spartans. I fully understand that they are battle-seasoned and have balls of steel but come on - pretty much every enemy force gets f*cked up without big losses. Yes, that were simple guards without tactics...but they went from blocking the narrow town entrance to running into the Vikings one after the other like cannon fodder while both horsemen were standing in the town's centre doing nothing. And even out of battle order a single Viking kills at least 2-3 of them without any kind of resistance. All guards dead, not a single casulty among the Vikings.

They are always dumb guards that get overhelmed immediately, no sign of tactics or a commander. Vikings just change to SHIELDWALL! mode and instant win :D
[close]

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

A bit surprised that this show has seen so little activity on here. Was very impressed by it early on in Season 1, and thought episodes 4 "Trial", 5 "Raid", and 6 "Burial of the Dead" felt like season or even show closers. Season 2 was even a little above Season 1 to me, as I believe it was even more consistent then it already was. I would actually go as far to say that it rivals "Game of Thrones". The acting is just as good if not better with some, there is more action, and it doesn't feel quite as dragged out/not as much filler, while I still find good character development and emotional points.. Although there are characters from GoT (Tyrion, Arya, etc) that will always be impressive, and I'm not saying all of GoT is inferior either. I too watch "Black Sails", and while I do enjoy that show I put Vikings quite a few levels above that (although I do really like the character of Captain Flint). Anyway is anyone here still watching, and seen the trailer for Season 3 premiering February 19th (there's been two main ones)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiqWLM3wyeY#ws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQm9torR1K8#ws

Without potentially spoiling anything for someone else here, I did just read how the real Ragnar supposedly died in history. For those of you that know, do you think the show will do the same thing?

oduodu

oduodu

Is this the official Vikings thread?

Can't wait for Ivar boneless to rule England.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I really need to catch up on this show. Haven't watched since season 2.

oduodu

oduodu

Only seen season 4. But it looks good.

Hope to see some more shield maidens.

Apparently there are some historical discrepancies.

BioMech

BioMech

Anyone seen Season 5 trailer from SDCC?

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 03, 2017, 11:38:46 PM
Is this the official Vikings thread?

Can't wait for Ivar boneless to rule England.

Agreed.

I've hung in there watching this series over the years.
One reason is as you mentioned, I like to see how the story weaves in bits about Viking history; such as the attack on Paris and how the Norman kingdom was founded (already done).

;)

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Two-hour premiere, yes...i just hope Floki gets less screentime or returns to his old ways. I was fine with him back then, but i really don't care for his spiritual journey :D

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Loved it but the storylines went downhill. But I'll keep watching.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Same. It feels like a very different show now if you compare it to it's beginnings. And like it peaked seasons ago.

Still, Rus vikings invading Scandinavia batteling different vikings in giant battles at land and sea seems glorious. Cheesy, over the top and cartooney, but still gloroius.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TV LineThe streaming giant announced on Tuesday that it has greenlit Vikings: Valhalla, an original MGM Television series from Vikings creator Michael Hirst that will continue the storytelling of his epic saga.

Picking up 100 years after the events of the original series (which will launch the first half of its sixth and final season on Wednesday, Dec. 4), Vikings: Valhalla will dramatize the adventures of the most famous Vikings who ever lived – Leif Erikson, Freydis, Harald Harada and the Norman King William the Conqueror (who was a Viking descendant). "These men and women will blaze new paths as they fight for survival in an ever-changing and evolving Europe," reads the synopsis.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed