The Burton Schumacher Batman Films

Started by BayonneBridge, Jan 18, 2010, 06:36:09 AM

Author
The Burton Schumacher Batman Films (Read 12,648 times)

DrGediman

I'm a big fan of the first three. 

Batman Forever gets shit on a lot..  It's certainly underrated.  It's a whole different style to the Burton or Nolan films.

It's funny and extremely ironic to me that a gay director (Shumacher) introduced Robin to the series.

I blame the studio for Batman and Robin.

Alexa Chung

Forever looks so dated it's probably going to get an ironic reappraisal like the tv series. 

Demonio Cazador

I love both Burton's... the other 2, I hate...

The Son of Paragus

Batman Returns is the best one, pretty grim and sinister, as batman is supposed to be, and Michelle pfeiffer portrays catwoman so well!

Batman forever is great as well and as said, underrated. But i dislike the overuse of bright colours in this movie :P and the fake look of Two face.

ace3g

ace3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQbMs5xtCQ#

Here is a great 25-minute 1989 "making of" documentary special that was made for Tim Burton's classic Batman film. The doc is called Batman: The Making of a Hero, and apparently it's something you can't find on any of the home release versions of the film.

hfeldhaus

Batman and Batman returns are great. Batman Forever is good but spoilt massively by Jim Carrey and B&R is blindingly bad.

HappyAlien

The first Batman is good and Keaton has the best live action Batman voice. Batman Returns is not as good and is a bit more of a weird Burton film rather than a batman film. Batman Forever is pretty crap and Gotham becomes this weird neon city. The Ridler and Two Face are campy and stupid. A 26 year old Robin loses his parents so he 'adopted' by a rich guy in his 30's? That's just weird as well.

I think the fact that Batman and Robin is so crap overshadows  the fact that Batman Forever is nearly just as crap. The Schumacher films are just terrible and for all of the complaints people had about TDKR it is miles ahead of the Schumacher films.

DoomRulz

I think Bale had the best Bat voice, just because he understood his voice should be disguised.

HappyAlien

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 30, 2014, 01:20:01 PM
I think Bale had the best Bat voice, just because he understood his voice should be disguised.

What I don't think Bale understood was that The Bruce Wayne voice is the fake one and the Batman voice  is Bruce Wayne's real voice.
The Batman voice is Bruce's real voice that he only uses as Batman or when alone with people who know his identity like Alfred. His Bruce Wayne voice is the voice he uses in public and is fake like his Bruce Wayne persona of a billionaire playboy. Also it isn't over the top like Bale's. Kevin Conroy and Bruce Greenwood probably do the two best Batman voices that I have heard.

DoomRulz

What? Until Bale came along, all the voices sounded the same, whether Bruce was wearing the costume or not.

Keg

Keg

I love the Nolan films but Bales voice got ridiculous in the sequels. He only used it when he was intimidating people in BB but in the sequels he uses it all the time as Batman and a few scenes feel a bit silly. Didnt bother me as much ae it did some people though. Thought Bale was an excellent Batman. Grew up as a kid with Keaton as Batman and really enjoyed the Burton films, especially Returns. I thought Kilmer was good too but I cant get over the silliness and neon lights of Forever so havent watched it in over 10 years. Clooney was terrible but I cant really blame that on him. It was an awful script and flat our ridiculous. Those close up shots of bat nipples, crotches and bums was the most unintentionally hilarious things id seen in a film. Trouble is i dont want things to be accidentally side splitting in a Batman film.

I look forward to Ben Afflecks take. Decent actor who gets alot of unnecessary flak, probably because of Daredevil. To be fair to Affleck its pretty clear Daredevils failing certainly wasnt down to his acting.

Magegg

Magegg

The only thing I don't like from Batman Returns is that Batman is barely involved, ha ha  :laugh:

HappyAlien

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 01, 2014, 12:49:30 PM
What? Until Bale came along, all the voices sounded the same, whether Bruce was wearing the costume or not.

Your right with the live action films made by Schumacher Kilmer and Clooney sounded the same but I'm sure Keaton's Batman voice was  slightly different to his Bruce Wayne voice. Also you will notice Conroy in the TAS does a much more light hearted voice when he is Bruce Wayne in public or at work and it is different to when he is Batman or speaking to Alfred as Bruce Wayne. I'm sure it was mentioned in a novel or the comics how the Bruce Wayne voice is the fake voice. Bale's Batman voice sounds to much like he is out of breath or having an asthma attack.

DoomRulz

Conroy's voice, if different, was barely noticeable in its change when he donned the cowl. Keaton's stayed the same however.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Coming to 4K in June.

First Blood, anything you're planning to pick up?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed