Local Trouble

Local Trouble

HK-47 or EDI?

The Old One

The Old One

HK-47, that was a joke.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I thought you couldn't tell when I was joking.

Visas or Jack?

The Old One

The Old One

f**k...

Jack? No, Visas!

"My life for yours."

The Old One

The Old One

Spoiler
The helmet returns, I wonder if Kylo Ren's scar will be moved back to It's original position too lol.  :laugh: "f**k TLJ" -JJ

Sounds unfortunately plot wise it'll be very derivative of Timothy Zahn's novels, which again- makes me wonder why bother with this whole reboot in the first place if you're just going to repeat what's been done? (Badly) Unfortunately we all know the answer.

There's no saving this as a Trilogy, but hopefully it'll be a good standalone film.
[close]

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 09, 2019, 11:15:01 AM
Spoiler
The helmet returns, I wonder if Kylo Ren's scar will be moved back to It's original position too lol.  :laugh: "f**k TLJ" -JJ

Sounds unfortunately plot wise it'll be very derivative of Timothy Zahn's novels, which again- makes me wonder why bother with this whole reboot in the first place if you're just going to repeat what's been done? (Badly) Unfortunately we all know the answer.

There's no saving this as a Trilogy
, but hopefully it'll be a good standalone film.
[close]

At this point it's like a plane crashed into the side of a mountain, the debris rolled down the mountain to wipe a train off the tracks and all of it landed on an orphanage killing all involved.

But seriously,

Why re-hash the "no longer canon" EU and milk it, but just rename characters or locations? I think the whole story group should be shitcanned.

The Old One

The Old One

I agree, honestly.

The story group's been a plane, train, orphanage crash. They even rehashed the origin of Anakin Skywalker from James Luceno's Darth Plagueis and made it dumb, completely missed the point that they (Palpatine and Plagueis) tried to infect the force itself and in response the force creates Anakin/Vader. Now it's just another case of "Palpatine's behind it all!" Literally! How f**king basic and uncreative can you be.

And this kind of stuff is everywhere in the New Canon.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

This trilogy is what it is.
I hope we will at least get an entertaining movie as it's last chapter.

For the next trilogy they should chose a setting so far in the past or future that they can start completly new without any contact to existing stories or characters. This way there are no limitations or lose ends or threads to connect and you can give the whole thing a fresh start.

And maybe we can finally move away from an empire vs rebels setting.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.
Or so far in the past.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 09, 2019, 01:44:59 PM

For the next trilogy they should chose a setting so far in the past or future that they can start completly new without any contact to existing stories or characters. This way there are no limitations or lose ends or threads to connect and you can give the whole thing a fresh start.

It's pretty hard to screw up a sequel trilogy with all the old cast returning but they managed it.

Personally I think the last movie will probably be amazing, just because it really feels like JJ is trying hard on the nostalgia and all the rumours I've heard are like 90% what everyone bitched about.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Highland on Feb 09, 2019, 05:25:09 PM

It's pretty hard to screw up a sequel trilogy with all the old cast returning but they managed it.

Personally I think the last movie will probably be amazing, just because it really feels like JJ is trying hard on the nostalgia and all the rumours I've heard are like 90% what everyone bitched about.

While they no doubt screwed it up, it is hard to please everyone when you develop such beloved characters and story after such a long time. So i don't think it was an easy task to make a great sequel trilogy to begin with.

But they could easily made something better out of it for sure.

Hope the rumors are true and the OT finally gets it's well deserved great send off before the story moves on to something different than Skywalkers,empire and rebels.

Master

Master

Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 09, 2019, 05:36:45 PM

While they no doubt screwed it up, it is hard to please everyone when you develop such beloved characters and story after such a long time. So i don't think it was an easy task to make a great sequel trilogy to begin with.

Hope the rumors are true and the OT finally gets it's well deserved great send off before the story moves on to something different than Skywalkers,empire and rebels.

Bullshit.  They just should have gave fans what they wanted. Master Jedi Luke Skywalker, Leia and Han together + new fresh threat for the galaxy. Ain't that hard for professionals. f**king PROFESSIONALS, damn it!

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Master on Feb 09, 2019, 10:17:07 PM

Bullshit.  They just should have gave fans what they wanted. Master Jedi Luke Skywalker, Leia and Han together + new fresh threat for the galaxy. Ain't that hard for professionals. f**king PROFESSIONALS, damn it!

Fan since '77, gotta disagree. For this trilogy to resonate properly with the other ones, Luke & co. had to be occupying mentor-type roles for a new wave of characters. If this trilogy had been 'Luke & Friends vs. the Glaxnorz Invasion' I'd have walked out, and with good reason.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Master on Feb 09, 2019, 10:17:07 PM

yeah my bad. It's easy after all. Just give the fans what the fans want...whatever that is exactly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed