Point Defense, New Aliens: Fireteam Elite Game-Mode, Drops As Part of Season 2 Update!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2021, 06:10:17 PM

Author
Point Defense, New Aliens: Fireteam Elite Game-Mode, Drops As Part of Season 2 Update! (Read 15,130 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 17, 2021, 09:04:00 PM
I played the new mode last night for the first time and I was impressed, enjoyed it. Didn't look that great from the initial footage but playing it was more fun. Is it only three rounds though? I figured you'd be able to keep continuing or choose to evac like in Horde.

Yeah only 3 waves. That disapointed me

acrediblesource

Anyone know if different difficulty levels make doubling the repair makes it go faster?
I swore I played it once (maybe on casual lvl) and it was repairing faster when two people are on it, but on Standard difficulty it most certainly doesn't go faster.

I like the game mode. It does serve as a much quicker match for Horde mode. Since the hive allows you to continue past a first 10 rounds its most definitely the longer of the two.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Dec 18, 2021, 02:42:55 AM
The place you rendezvous for evacuation at the end is odd.

I'd have appreciated needing to run back outside to the dropship instead of gathering for pickup in the middle of the ruins.

The way to the dropship collapses so we can't get back out that way.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: acrediblesource on Dec 19, 2021, 02:18:44 PM
Anyone know if different difficulty levels make doubling the repair makes it go faster?
I swore I played it once (maybe on casual lvl) and it was repairing faster when two people are on it, but on Standard difficulty it most certainly doesn't go faster.
I don't think it even lets two people repair at once. If someone else is already working on it, the button prompt seems slightly darker - like it's grayed out.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2021, 12:00:35 PM
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Dec 18, 2021, 02:42:55 AM
The place you rendezvous for evacuation at the end is odd.

I'd have appreciated needing to run back outside to the dropship instead of gathering for pickup in the middle of the ruins.

The way to the dropship collapses so we can't get back out that way.
I'd have been happier if they'd animated the dropship taking off in the beginning and returning at the end.

It's a nitpick and not a big deal. But to employ the shoddy rock collapse animation and have us meet under a ceiling at the end is obviously cutting a corner... a corner that doesn't seem terribly big.

acrediblesource

OK thats what I thought.
So people ARE mistakenly thinking that two is better than one. The Restart is faster (this is probably where people thought doubling up works and I had players message me that it does).
Goddamn it. These instructables should be more clearer.

They should at least include a tips message on the Endeavor menu page before the game launches.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed