From Jon Sorensen

Started by Jon Sorensen, Mar 19, 2021, 12:28:35 PM

Author
From Jon Sorensen (Read 4,029 times)

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

It is a pleasure to still see the celebration of what, after all, is a classic. The original ALIEN (1979).
Wishing you all the very, very best.

Jon Sorensen

www.jonsorensencreative.com

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hi Jon! It's a pleasure to have you on the site. The photo was from around 2011, wasn't it? At London? If it's the same panel I'm thinking of, I was at that one!

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

Indeed it was. The Three Musketeers.
Ivor Powell, Dennis Lowe, and myself.
The movie never dies. Alchemy in it.

Very best, guys.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure I got a signed copy of Alien Vault. Going to find that when I get home!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Here we go! :)

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

Oh, excellent. It was a fine book, but whilst we are at it regarding books, another movie I was proud of was "The Dark Crystal".
An excellent book by Caseen Gaines came out a wee while back, (see image), and it is wonderful. Visual and well written.
Not ALIEN, but related in that it was the era of "handmade films". Recommended.
Anyway, my very best to you all.

Jon Sorensen

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Jon Sorensen on Mar 19, 2021, 12:28:35 PM
It is a pleasure to still see the celebration of what, after all, is a classic. The original ALIEN (1979).
Jon! I was wondering when I'd hear from you again. Remember me? It's David, the kid that you sold those Cinefex issues to (Tremors & Relic). I also still have that signed photo you sent me in 2013...

Hope you're doing good, Jon.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Great to bumb into one of the actual creators of Alien on this site. So sad to see how many of the Alien cast and crew have been passing away these past few years.

I hope Valaquen is busy grilling you for his book?  ;D

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

Quote from: Omegamorph on Mar 21, 2021, 03:01:12 PM
Quote from: Jon Sorensen on Mar 19, 2021, 12:28:35 PM
Jon! I was wondering when I'd hear from you again. Remember me? It's David, the kid that you sold those Cinefex issues to (Tremors & Relic). I also still have that signed photo you sent me in 2013...

Hope you're doing good, Jon.

My goodness, David. Yes, of course I remember. It is a small world indeed. Thank you for sticking up your head.
Tremors and The Relic both contained good monsters. I had worked with Peter Hyams on "Outland". A great visualist too
with links to ALIEN. Practically the same universe, which was entirely intentional!

I'm good, thank you...and raising my coffee cup to all your ALIEN enthusiasms.

Again,My very best, Guys. Take care of yourselves!

Jon Sorensen

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 21, 2021, 04:54:50 PM
Great to bumb into one of the actual creators of Alien on this site. So sad to see how many of the Alien cast and crew have been passing away these past few years.

Indeed we have lost many. Bill Pearson too.

Tempus Fugit!

Best to you,

Jon Sorensen

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

An honour to have you here, amongst us, absolutely love your work. 

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 21, 2021, 06:16:02 PM
An honour to have you here, amongst us, absolutely love your work.

My pleasure. I only recently managed to see ALIEN again on the big screen. First time since the crew showing in London in 1979.
It fired up again how I feel about the film. It really stands up. Even the model work looked cool. The film could have been made last week.
It is totally timeless.

Very Best Wishes,

Jon Sorensen.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Jon Sorensen on Mar 20, 2021, 10:55:59 AM
Oh, excellent. It was a fine book, but whilst we are at it regarding books, another movie I was proud of was "The Dark Crystal".

That's one I really need to see. I just never got around to it, but always heard good things about it!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 22, 2021, 09:01:46 AM

That's one I really need to see. I just never got around to it, but always heard good things about it!

I've always been a big fan of The Dark Crystal. There's great stuff in it. And subsequently I was very happy we received the Netflix prequel series a year or so back after so many years.  :)

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 22, 2021, 02:10:03 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 22, 2021, 09:01:46 AM

I've always been a big fan of The Dark Crystal. There's great stuff in it. And subsequently I was very happy we received the Netflix prequel series a year or so back after so many years.  :)

I have to admit to feeling proud at the opening of the original Jim Henson movie. I mean, the whole thing is a feast for the eyes, but still:

The old Universal logo, Trevor Jones' music, the sound of electricity and thunder, and the voice says, "Another world, another time- In the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green, until the crystal cracked".

You cannot blame me, really, and I was so proud of my skies. At Elstree, my tank was a magnet for people wandering around the studio. One day I looked up and Anthony Daniels was standing there smiling his smile and asking what I was doing. Mark Hamill and Terry Gilliam another time. Water draws people.

Very Best Wishes, Guys,

Jon Sorensen

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

It is good to hear from you, Jon. Thanks for your work on so many effects movies around the 80s decade. And for your digi-book of photos from Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed