Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Started by 369, Jul 01, 2010, 11:05:00 PM

Author
Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion (Read 109,280 times)

predxeno

predxeno

It's like DVDs are better than Blu-Rays. :o

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 12, 2010, 09:08:21 PM
Ok, but what's weird is that on the DVD version those two shots I talked about have no visable noise in the backround. Look at those two shots again, look very closely, it only lasts for a second. I'm telling you theirs visable noise.

- It's the very shot where the Stan saids "Why, so we can feel first hand what it's like to have our asses kicked?!" it's just one shot.

- When Royce said to Edwin "hey doc, I think I just found a way you can be useful' the next shot his Edwin running through sunrays in the jungle, the next shot is dark just showing his feet, thats the single shot where you see more noise.

I just purchased a new screen for my PC, Sony Bravia 32 inch HDMI with a contrast ratio of 160,000 : 1 it looks freakin INSANE, every movie looks like I'm watching it for the first time.

My last screen was a Hanspree 28 inch monitor which f--kin sucked compared to this TV. PC monitors suck balls, I'm never getting a monitor every again. This TV bitch slapped everything I thought I knew about quality picture, Predators looked amazing.
Just checked again, i really don't have any noise at all, i went through it frame by frame. Could be your disc.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 12, 2010, 06:00:08 AM
Has anyone noticed any visual noise where Stans tells Royce "why, so we can find out first hand what it feels like to get our asses kicked?"

And also that scene where Edwin runs away from the alien, theres this really nice shot of Edwin running through the sun rays of the jungle and the very next shot where you see his feet I noticed more visual noise in the backround.

Anyone spot it?
Yeah, I see the noise you're talking about.  They aren't the only times it happens either, to varying degrees.

Corporal Hicks

Does anyone have a Blu-ray for their pc and can take screencaps?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I got it on Blu-Ray today. I will be looking forward to watching the movie on Blu-Ray soon.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2010, 10:42:20 AM
Does anyone have a Blu-ray for their pc and can take screencaps?
Perhaps me, but I don't know if I can run my Blu-Ray on a computer. I'll let you know.

predxeno

predxeno

Is it just for me, or can you not bookmark scenes in this Blu-Ray.  I bookmarked scenes on my Blu-Ray player for this movie, but whenever I go back to it, there's no record of any bookmarks.  It's like they're all deleted the moment I take the disc out of the player.

Gieferg

Gieferg

QuoteWhen Royce said to Edwin "hey doc, I think I just found a way you can be useful' the next shot his Edwin running through sunrays in the jungle, the next shot is dark just showing his feet, thats the single shot where you see more noise.

I've noticed that too. There is visible noise in that shot.

There is also explanation why some people see it, and some not, and why its not visible on DVD. I've just changed my TV settings, switch off some sharpening effects that I usually use (Toshiba's Resolution+) and its gone. It is not visible on DVD because DVD has too small resolution and it is all blurred.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

French Ad for the Blu-Ray release.

predxeno

predxeno

Awesome poster!! :o  Can you translate it?

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

"Finally, A Blu-Ray that will blow you !"

Purebreedalien

Quote from: EEV-2501 on May 17, 2011, 04:09:55 PM

Sharp Sticks

Bat Chain Puller

It might as well say:

"Watch this Blu-ray"

"End up like Nolan."

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: EEV-2501 on May 17, 2011, 04:09:55 PM

Thanks.  What about the words on the bottom?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed