Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 928,678 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 30, 2023, 03:31:43 PMIt's a different style of game than many FPS games

Really just didn't do it for me. I'd much sooner replay Half-Life, Unreal, or even Duke Nukem 3D, for a second-half-of-the-90's shooter experience, than give AvP Classic another try without the debug mode to allow me to just poke around unmolested and see the sights.

The reason I'm still going on about it, is because I genuinely wanted to like it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's fair.

If you like Duke3D and you like Warhammer, give Boltgun a try. Aside from the anemic shotgun, it's a blast.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 31, 2023, 01:49:39 AMThat's fair.

If you like Duke3D and you like Warhammer, give Boltgun a try. Aside from the anemic shotgun, it's a blast.

I've been watching that, and I would if it didn't require a PC I can't afford. Despite being sprite-based. Because Vidyagaems!

Stitch

Stitch

Still going with Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, but it's one of those games where I play one level and leave it for awhile, unlike the last one I played.

Also we finally got System Shock remake! Aaaand... Yeah, it's as hard as I remember.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 01, 2023, 05:04:55 PMAlso we finally got System Shock remake! Aaaand... Yeah, it's as hard as I remember.

How is it?  As good as the original?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 02, 2023, 12:44:14 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Jun 01, 2023, 05:04:55 PMAlso we finally got System Shock remake! Aaaand... Yeah, it's as hard as I remember.

How is it?  As good as the original?
Honestly, so far it seems literally a beat for beat translation with slightly easier controls, and much updated graphics. I haven't got very far because I keep making silly mistakes and being turned into a cyborg. But a full HD current gen graphics cyborg.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 30, 2023, 09:24:28 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 30, 2023, 03:31:43 PMIt's a different style of game than many FPS games

Really just didn't do it for me. I'd much sooner replay Half-Life, Unreal, or even Duke Nukem 3D, for a second-half-of-the-90's shooter experience, than give AvP Classic another try without the debug mode to allow me to just poke around unmolested and see the sights.

The reason I'm still going on about it, is because I genuinely wanted to like it.

The game hit a lot differently at the time, it has aged very badly from graphics to gameplay. I used to beat it all the time as a kid but these days I can't bother with the dated gameplay for very long. However back then the lighting system was ahead of its time and it really added a lot to the experience. I still think its impressive considering.

personally, I have always preferred the random spawn enemies to scripted ones. It was one of my issues with the sequel, it was so heavily scripted after the first play through you always new where the enemies would spawn or be hiding. The random enemies could come from anywhere and that ups the tension/atmosphere imo.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'll take the heavily scripted stuff 100 out of 100 times (with games in general) but I'm aware it's not necessarily a popular take.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is an incorrect take though, even to yourself, you liked Halo.

Eal

Eal

Amnesia:Isolation The Bunker

Playing it makes me wish Alien: Isolation were a little tighter and had more of a intractable world. Not that the designs or levels were bad, but the goals and interactions were a little bland.

It also felt a tad copypasta at times...I mean come on, did they hire one singular interior designer to work on the Nostromo, Sevastopol, Torrens, Anesidora, and all their interiors?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 03, 2023, 12:55:29 PMIt is an incorrect take though, even to yourself, you liked Halo.

And the handful of parts that had me pulling my hair out were the much more open parts where the AI plays it different each time.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Get good.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No. I like memorising things and perfecting the dance steps. It makes me feel nice. Surprises just give me severe anxiety symptoms.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 03, 2023, 09:32:40 PMNo. I like memorising things and perfecting the dance steps. It makes me feel nice. Surprises just give me severe anxiety symptoms.

Every videogame has a pattern, it has a dance.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

True I suppose, but some are much more heavily choreographed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed