Aliens: Dark Descent

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 09, 2022, 06:09:08 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent (Read 43,774 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Oct 26, 2023, 04:05:08 PMWelp, at least now you can  try to make your own full on cybernetic team. lots of limbs will be shed.

Wweyland

Wweyland

This went a bit under the radar

Immortan Jonesy

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

I've always admired the original space jockey room and subsequent narrow ribbbed hallways of the original film however it still doesn't strike me as a place an xenomorph would loom. Like its not intentionally built for the xeno like the hive space is and no canon (especially AFTE) actually places an xeno inside it for any intention other than fighting you.
I would like to see more of these in film and never actually having any explanation. Just a budget hogger.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I managed to finish the Dead Hills level, but I'm struggling with some game mechanics (and a few random crashes). The smuggler-subplot (and the whole mines section) remained locked for me, as I might have done things in the wrong order (or maybe it was just bugged).
I relied heavily on the APC doing the killing for me.

In the long run, is it better to try to finish all objectives and collectibles, but leave your squad in a worse state (not dead but low health, mental issues) at the end of the level?

My biggest fear is playing the game "wrong", and being "locked out" of progressing in the final levels because either the "death clock" has run out or I'm out of resources/marines.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 13, 2023, 08:24:35 AMI managed to finish the Dead Hills level, but I'm struggling with some game mechanics (and a few random crashes). The smuggler-subplot (and the whole mines section) remained locked for me, as I might have done things in the wrong order (or maybe it was just bugged).

In the long run, is it better to try to finish all objectives and collectibles, but leave your squad in a worse state (not dead but low health, mental issues) at the end of the level?

My biggest fear is playing the game "wrong", and being "locked out" of progressing in the final levels because either the "death clock" has run out or I'm out of resources/marines.
You could always evac and come back with a new squad

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 13, 2023, 08:24:35 AMI managed to finish the Dead Hills level, but I'm struggling with some game mechanics (and a few random crashes). The smuggler-subplot (and the whole mines section) remained locked for me, as I might have done things in the wrong order (or maybe it was just bugged).

You can play the game now with the death clock turned off if you're willing to restart. But even with it on, it only turns on like half way through the game. Before it's just the infestation level that slowly creeps up.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Nov 13, 2023, 04:20:46 PM

Does that restart the level from the beginning and do I have limited marines?

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 13, 2023, 08:28:02 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Nov 13, 2023, 04:20:46 PM

Does that restart the level from the beginning and do I have limited marines?
You'll go back to the ship and you'll keep your progress and marines

Wweyland

Wweyland

I managed to complete the mine level by deploying back a few days later.
The mines were great and reminded me of the mines from Fallout 2.

However, the second level in the docks threw me off a bit, with the human enemies.

How I'm playing is that when a marine is concussed/killed/abducted, I just reload an earlier save.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Does the game say what year it takes place?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 08, 2023, 03:48:10 PMDoes the game say what year it takes place?
Yep, 2198.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Dec 08, 2023, 04:45:34 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 08, 2023, 03:48:10 PMDoes the game say what year it takes place?
Yep, 2198.
Cool, thanks!

So based on dialogue in the tutorial (that's only as far as I've gotten so far) the USCM doesn't quite know about Aliens (or at least common soldiers don't) despite the Alien RPG and Fireteam Elite.

Do you know offhand when Fireteam Elite is set? I don't remember.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Fireteam Elite is in 2202.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed