AVP2010 Mod ideas (just for fun!)

Started by SpreadEagleBeagle, Jan 11, 2016, 12:57:14 AM

Author
AVP2010 Mod ideas (just for fun!) (Read 3,758 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Ok guys, any fun ideas for AVP2010 mods?

The rules for your mod are:
-  No total conversions.
-  It has to be within the realm of AVP - no crazy crossovers and such.
-  Pretend that someone is actually going to make this mod, which means that it can't be too complex and advanced. In other words, your idea has to be feasible.

Shoot!

The Alien Predator

I know there have been cool Predator vision sound mods, I'd love to see the triangle beeping noise be implemented anytime something is targeted.

Randomizer

A couple of maps, short, unrelated to the main story, using the assets from the original game.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 11, 2016, 12:57:14 AM
-  Pretend that someone is actually going to make this mod, which means that it can't be too complex and advanced. In other words, your idea has to be feasible.

F**k

Olde

Olde

Fixing the bugs and glitches would be a nice start. Removing E-grabs entirely is a must. I'm thinking classic old school arcade style. None of this predator shift-jumping from tree-to-tree nonsense. Make all species move at sprint speed by default (obviously not running out stamina for this). A mod that gives the marine a weapons outfitting option would be nice. Predator shoulder cannon should be nerfed somehow; either lower its damage or remove the targeting.

Personally I would do away with the whole light/heavy/block mechanic but it's probably not feasible seeing as it's basically the entire point of the game.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Olde on Jan 12, 2016, 02:18:02 AM
Fixing the bugs and glitches would be a nice start. Removing E-grabs entirely is a must. I'm thinking classic old school arcade style. None of this predator shift-jumping from tree-to-tree nonsense. Make all species move at sprint speed by default (obviously not running out stamina for this). A mod that gives the marine a weapons outfitting option would be nice. Predator shoulder cannon should be nerfed somehow; either lower its damage or remove the targeting.

Personally I would do away with the whole light/heavy/block mechanic but it's probably not feasible seeing as it's basically the entire point of the game.

So basically making an AVP2 mod for AVP2010?

I always wanted an alternate skin mod where the Marines are exchanged for Corporate characters, such as Combat Androids, Weyland and Scientists and where the Abomination (Predalien) and Jungle Alien (Runner) models/skins are available for the Alien player. The Predators get one or two Super Predator options. Sound clips and death animations included.

Olde

Olde

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 13, 2016, 09:06:24 PM
No. An AVP1 mod for AVP2010.

I also should've added not making the player press a button to make the alien transition between walls, and do away with the prolonged animations for headbites and moving into vents and other such things.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Olde on Jan 14, 2016, 07:19:12 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 13, 2016, 09:06:24 PM
No. An AVP1 mod for AVP2010.

I also should've added not making the player press a button to make the alien transition between walls, and do away with the prolonged animations for headbites and moving into vents and other such things.

Ah, my bad.

Seems like you want more traditional and action-packed gameplay when it comes to AVP2010. Personally I've grown to love AVP2010 and I'm not ashamed to say that I prefer it over AVP2 and even AVP1...

Xenorgue

A mod like natural selection 2 game. On a large map the marine team must destroy the queen and aliens must destroy the APC . The spawn aliens from egg parasite and host non-player collected by the aliens.

morsefury161

Either a remake of Aliens Online (similiar to what you said above) or avp classic 99 levels in avp3.

Chris!(($$))!

If hypothetically they ever gave us the SDK.

I'd like to see the game pretty much become AvP2 but with all the improvements from AvP2010....

Mainly I think the melee system between the Xenos and the Preds is pretty good in AvP2010 IN THE LAST PATCH released that is. Though the Marines would need their melee nerfed hella because a Marine really shouldn't stand a chance against a Pred or Xeno in such close quarters. To make up for this they should get their weapons buffed.

More USCMC weapons, let us customize the weapons a bit, let us AIM down our guns. Loadout of weapons defines your team role. Get rid of flares, unlimited flashlight and nightvision (its almost 200 years from now... we got unlimited flashlight and nightvision)

More Pred weapons. Once again loadout of weapons defines your team role.

Better Xeno vision, plus the classic Warrior (all around), Runner (speed), PredXeno/"AlphaXeno" (strength), Praetorian (tanky).

Plus various skins to choose from for each species and classes. Chet or Kane's Son would be options for the PredXeno. The Xenos from ALIENS, Grid-Alien for the Warriors. Etc. Etc. Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez, Ripley various characters from AvP2010 for the Marines. The various Preds from all the Predator movies for the Preds. Etc. Etc.

GIVE THE ABILITY TO CROUCH for ALL species.

All around faster attack application time. I felt like there was a a little bit of a delay for all the attacks in AvP2010 on all three species and to add to that the animation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed