Recent posts

Community News / Re: Alien Timeline Updated
Last post by SiL - Today at 01:22:20 AM
Don't set it to Made for Kids unless you're making actual kids content.
Community News / Re: Alien Timeline Updated
Last post by SM - Today at 01:17:42 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Yesterday at 11:12:46 PMBut why are the comments turned off though?

How about now?  It's possibly because I set it to Made For Kids cos there was no gore or swearing. Just changed it.

Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 11:14:54 PMThe saltiness has damaged my kidneys, but it's a small price to pay.

I actually had to tweak it a smidge because it was a bit dishonestly salty and add the caption about Fria Ligan.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Shogun (FX)
Last post by Cougerboy - Today at 01:11:05 AM
Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Yesterday at 08:28:43 AMQuite happy, that the whole (no chemistry) thing between Blackthorne and Mariko is not in the center of the show...it felt much more prominent in the old show. Felt like they moved screentime from that to Mariko (such a good actress) and scenes not including Blackthorne, good decision. Excellent episode, once again.

Spoiler
Guess that's the end for a potential spinoff Blackthorne & Yabushige buddy tv series, that sneaky little bastard. Though, it's in his nature. You can't be mad at him. 
[close]

Anna Sawai is a great actress. I think you agree with me her performance in Shogun as Mariko is excellent. She deserves to win an Emmy.
@Kradan ^

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 18, 2021, 05:02:15 PMCan't stand him. Especially his face. For me it embodies the mixture of arrogance and utter stupidity

Spoiler
[close]
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: James Bond
Last post by ace3g - Today at 12:47:56 AM
AI Henry Cavill James Bond trailer

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Dune Remake
Last post by SiL - Today at 12:39:41 AM
I love Villeneuve as a director but his aesthetic is just so, so reserved.

Where's my half-naked twink fight to the death at the finale? Feyd's supposed to be dressed in nothing but his booby-trapped underwear.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Dune Remake
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:25:19 AM
I'm starting to think that everything that appealed to me about Dune is what David Lynch turned it into.  Stripped of the baroque aesthetic that gave it such a unique look in 1984, it's just so bland.

Maybe Villeneuve isn't my cup of tea.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed