The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside!

Started by ikarop, Jun 07, 2011, 03:17:14 PM

Author
The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside! (Read 112,419 times)

Chris!(($$))!

Why aren't people liking it? If THAT is the Crusher then its essentially a quadruped Praetorian, if that is a Praetorian than at least it looks like a Praetorian. I am just happy it still has the biomechanical look and isnt just a big "fat" Xenomorph. Obviously I am still not a big fan of the radiation reasoning behind it but at least its not because of humans tampering with the Xenos or some other lame explanation.
Radiation >>>>> Human Tampering

Human Tampering = Newborn (Well almost, as the Newborn was unexpected)

Radiation = Unexpected results from a Xeno that survived a nuclear explosion.

Brother

Doesn't fit.

robbritton

It only needs to fit the internal logic of the game. And it looks like a reasonably Winston studios-esque kind of a thing - I don't mind it as an addition at all. Praetorians are a game construct too, and no-one seems to have too much of a problem with them now.

Brother

They have the powers to create their own logic, and they are using them!

Quote from: robbritton on Jun 16, 2011, 08:25:51 AMPraetorians are a game construct too, and no-one seems to have too much of a problem with them now.

A hint for them.

Salt The Fries

I don't like a concept of a Praetorian. There I said it!

RagingDragon

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 16, 2011, 09:09:09 AM

Awwwwww!  :D

I like them, if only to give the xenomorphs some variety.

Tribal

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 16, 2011, 04:27:24 PM

Yep! I love the Praetorians too. Alien games need variety. It's REALLY boring fight the same enemies over and over again... personaly i would love to see a giant alien-spider in the game  ;D

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Tribal on Jun 16, 2011, 05:33:08 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 16, 2011, 04:27:24 PM

Yep! I love the Praetorians too. Alien games need variety. It's REALLY boring fight the same enemies over and over again... personaly i would love to see a giant alien-spider in the game  ;D

Oh no, you didn't.

It's boring to fight the same Aliens with the same AI again and again.

AvP2 had Aliens that just ran after you no matter what. (Not just the Aliens). There were moments when the Aliens to tricked you, but that was scripted.
AvP2010 had Aliens that spawned, jumped and tried to attack you with their claws in mid-air, just to die for lulz.

This game offers intelligent Aliens that can be appropriate challenges, instead of horrendous Aliens emerging from horrendous animals/ideas.

CavatinaTheXeno

I like the AVP2 game praetorians they should have used that design. :)

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Jun 16, 2011, 05:41:09 PM
This game offers intelligent Aliens that can be appropriate challenges, instead of horrendous Aliens emerging from horrendous animals/ideas.

I dont want a rhino alien, or a dinosaur alien, or any kind of mammal alien...

IMO, as long as the xenomorphs stay with the insectoid/mechanical look, they can create all the aliens they want to  ;)

Space Voyager

Quote from: Tribal on Jun 17, 2011, 01:20:32 AMI dont want a rhino alien, or a dinosaur alien, or any kind of mammal alien...

But Human version of Alien is a mammal Alien... ;)

ikarop

More links added to the main post.

Space Voyager

DAMN that's a lot of links. This E3 was a golden mine for A:CM attention.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

QuoteRandy Pitchford's hyperactive trivia-spewing was borderline adorable.

From the Spong preview.  Hahaha this guys cheeky.

QuoteI sort of want to keep him in a little box and look after him.

Still I'm really excited for the lighting.  I wasn't before, I guess I didn't really think about it but the movies had so many memorable scenes with great lighting, it makes me think we'll get a visual Aliens experience on par with the movies.

Also, this is terribly obvious, but the wikipedia page for A:CM has some interesting info I think.  It mentions the AI of the aliens and the Runners, pretty exciting!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines

Mus

Also noticed the mention of quick time events. Urgh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed