Michael Biehn - It's Going to Happen

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 01, 2016, 07:42:33 PM

Author
Michael Biehn - It's Going to Happen (Read 11,964 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 16, 2016, 06:23:15 PM
Wow, I didn't see that.  :laugh:

I was thinking of the thread Perfect Organism started, the one where he tried to explain how to make both timelines fit.

I remember it being mostly a civil discussion... mostly....

Oh yeah, that one! Yes, that thread wasn't too bad, I think we only brought out the knives and sharp sticks for that one.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 16, 2016, 05:44:40 PM
Unlikely with Siggy around. She was after all the reason he lost out on the first Avatar.

Was she really? Is that story online somewhere?

No it wasn't, you had to delete quite a few posts.  :laugh:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=54986.msg2130618#msg2130618

That was nothing to do with folk attacking each other. That was due to some schoolyard "Alien 3 rocks", "No it doesn't", "Yes it does" posts.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 17, 2016, 07:48:31 AMWas she really? Is that story online somewhere?

Unintentionally - after she was cast Cameron decided having Biehn as well would make things too Aliens.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 16, 2016, 09:17:29 PMI am not even referring to my own ideas.  It seemed like most ideas that people put out there were met with a lot of this is stupid, this is stupid, this is stupid!  Rather than exploring ideas to see where they could go, people were just knocking everything.

Because every suggestion I've seen for how things could be worked around is inherently logically flawed to the point of being ridiculous. There's no point exploring anything if it doesn't make sense on even a basic common-sense level.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 16, 2016, 03:55:47 AMI've felt bad for the guy since the Abyss.  I mean that was a stellar performance.  You could hardly even tell it was the same guy.  He nailed Terminator, he kicked royal ass in Aliens, he rocked the Abyss.  It was all net!  And then bam, he faded away.

He didn't fade away. As SM said, no one wanted to hire him because he was an alcoholic.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 17, 2016, 07:48:31 AM
That was nothing to do with folk attacking each other. That was due to some schoolyard "Alien 3 rocks", "No it doesn't", "Yes it does" posts.

"My Alien is better than your Alien!"

:laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He mentioned it in a video interview. He also kind of obliquely suggests it in your original post.

Well, I never saw the original posts. It just looked liked the aftermath of a gunfight. Things can get real nasty, real quick on the Blomkamp Alien board.  :P

He mentioned it in a video interview. He also kind of obliquely suggests it in your original post.

Found that video interview Corporal. From 3:00.

https://youtu.be/hmUH_eA9VGE

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 17, 2016, 03:54:44 PM
He also kind of obliquely suggests it in your original post.

That quote makes it sound like he was going for the same role as Weaver (I can't even remember the character names, I only watched it one and a half times. I wasn't a fan.) I always thought he'd have gone for Lang's part if any.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 17, 2016, 03:54:44 PM
Found that video interview Corporal. From 3:00.

https://youtu.be/hmUH_eA9VGE

Yeah, Lang's part. Fair enough! Makes some sense. Thanks for sharing.

Corporal Hicks

http://linkis.com/dailydead.com/ihM4V

Nothing new again.

QuoteWith Aliens recently celebrating its 30th anniversary, Michael discussed his desire to reteam with Sigourney Weaver and reprise his role as Cpl. Dwayne Hicks in the new Aliens sequel that filmmaker Neill Blomkamp wants to make.

Michael Biehn: I was with Sigourney [Weaver] recently and nothing was officially announced that they were going to make it. Sigourney was going to star and Neill was going to direct, Ridley was going to be the executive producer. Then something happened and Ridley decided he wanted to do Prometheus 2, which is now called Alien: Covenant, so he's doing that. Supposedly he's got a third one that he wants to do also. The question is, are we going to do [the new] Aliens next? I was with Sigourney two weeks ago in front of an audience and we were just hanging out and talking to the audience and she said, "We're making it, we're doing it."

I'm really proud of that [Aliens]. If they make another one I would love to be involved with it. I was hurt when they killed off Hicks and Jim Cameron, when they killed off Newt, I think that just broke his heart because his whole movie was about saving Newt.

[Alien 3 director] David Fincher at that time was young and they gave him a script that was not very good and he's gone on of course to become the director that he's become, so we'll see. I'm happy with what I have. I hope to do another one, it'd be great.

You know what I would really like it to be, perfectly honest, I'd love Sigourney to be happy with a send-off, a good movie to end her participation in that franchise. We're all getting a little too old to be chasing around aliens. Maybe she wouldn't say that, she likes to work [laughs].

BishopShouldGo

Just keep stoking the fire, Team Alienkamp. We want the movie too.

Master

This one won't happen. They'll let Blokamp make Alien film, just not that particular Alien gilm.

Perfect-Organism

Go Blomkamp go!  You can do it!

g2vd

g2vd

Honestly though I admit I am rather interested in the project. not only because of it being a Alien movie but because it does feature those three, even if it will retread old ground.

But if the project was canned and Blomkamp moved on to a new story I really wouldn't mind (Outside of also feeling bad for the actors). as a new story is what is needed for this franchise to survive and grow.

This whole thing does just make me wish even more that Hicks and Newt had survived the crash landing in Alien 3. and the story had followed them from than on like in the original EU, so that way this whole ret-con business would not exist and we could have moved on to new stories.

Master

The best they could do,  best impact those two could achieve to enrich Ripley's story is to die. That was great in A3.

The effect of this whole dumb fan service will be disappointment. If it's made that is.

whiterabbit

They should just continue after the events of AlienĀ³. Just have someone dump some of that good ole black goo on the planet and badda-bing badda-boom, resurrection without the bullshit cloning. The gangs dna is splattered all over the place so it is more than possible. pffft :P

This movie is so on life support.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 22, 2016, 09:25:26 PMresurrection without the bullshit cloning.
"Imma gonna Clone this person called Ripley with a 200 Year old dirty blood sample I found on the floor of a dirty fiery Prison Planet which was un-undoubtedly trampled on by several dozen Commandos and Michael Weyland with my magic Clone stuff!"

Master

I'm MD. It is entirely possible to clone something from 200 years old blood. DNA is very resilient.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed