Michael Biehn - It's Going to Happen

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 01, 2016, 07:42:33 PM

Author
Michael Biehn - It's Going to Happen (Read 12,093 times)

Scorpio

"I thought you were dead"  "Yeah I get that a lot"

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master on Aug 22, 2016, 10:02:32 PMI'm MD. It is entirely possible to clone something from 200 years old blood. DNA is very resilient.

More to the point, the sample had to have been collected soon after the events of the third film and has presumably been in cold storage ever since. It's not like it's just been lying around in the open all that time.

Master

But extracting Alien out of cloned Rip is entirely new level of S-F  ;D

HuDaFuK

Depends how a Chestburster is made. The old Aliens magazine said a Facehugger merely implants a cancer that forces the host's body to "build" the Chestburster from it's own cells. That kind of messing with the host's DNA would make it at least somewhat plausible to clone them both.

Master

Not saying it's impossible. Just, as you well noticed, that it would require embryo to change it's host on mollecular level. Which always seem to be the case, cause growing Alien featus is not causing GVHD. Minor dehydration, fatigue and some internal discomfort are the only symptoms. Until the inevitable happens.

HuDaFuK

Several sources (not just that God-awful game ACM) have stated that even if you get the thing out before it explodes from your chest, you'll be full of cancers that will kill you in short order anyway, so obviously it's doing something very unhelpful inside.

Master

Yet A:R seem to contradict with what ACM shown. Ripley 8 is doing just fine. I quite like the idea that removal of chestburster can be only salvation from certain doom.

HuDaFuK

Ripley 8 isn't human :)

Master

Don't worry, Cancer isn't picky.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Master on Aug 24, 2016, 02:55:20 PM
Don't worry, Cancer isn't picky.
Unless you are a Shark. :D

Master

Ripley 8 isn't Shark. I think. Is she?

BishopShouldGo

So yeah, hopefully Biehn will keep stoking the fire.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 24, 2016, 04:08:23 PM
So yeah, hopefully Biehn will keep stoking the fire.
Deadpool was stuck in Development Hell for years upon years despite tons of people bringing it up.

Personally the way I see it the thing that will end up getting this movie made is A:C's Box Office and critical performance.

Perfect-Organism

Yes, Biehn, Weaver, and Blomkamp need to keep pushing for this.  There is clearly a strong vision for what this film should be.  It is just like with Deadpool actually.  Alien 3 was basically "the wrong film" and the window to fix the story of the Alien series is closing with the passage of time.  Who knows?  It could be another hit like Deadpool that we're waiting for.  Most of the things we've seen so far are exactly what many fans have been clamoring for for decades.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 24, 2016, 04:35:00 PMAlien 3 was basically "the wrong film" and the window to fix the story of the Alien series is closing with the passage of time.

Nothing's broken and nothing needs fixing, except in the eyes of people who are somehow still adamant resurrecting Hicks and Newt is the only way to move things forward, despite evidence pointing to the contrary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed