Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 270,612 times)

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: SM on Aug 24, 2015, 09:48:24 PM
Not that different to Alien then.  The storm on LV-426 abates at sunrise.
The really interesting part about this is it's probably not that much of a stretch from reality either. The more I read about exoplanets and such, the more and more common things like this appear to be in the real 'world.' Storms created during the day when the host star's heat causes violent convection currents which dissipate during the night-phase as the atmosphere cools back down again. It seems most common with gas giants, but then again, those are the easiest to see at this time; could be just as common on smaller, rocky celestial bodies too, and we just haven't been able to observe it yet...

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/aliens-fire-and-stone/

Posted my written review of Aliens up. I was struggling on deciding between a 5 or 6 but ultimately went with 6.

SM

SM

Does it need a spoiler warning?
Also, you call Derrick Russell, Russell Derrick at one point.  And Chris Golden erred in River of Pain by calling him Derrick Bradford.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Aug 26, 2015, 09:00:48 AM
Does it need a spoiler warning?
Also, you call Derrick Russell, Russell Derrick at one point. 

Fixed. Thanks for pointing out.

And Chris Golden erred in River of Pain by calling him Derrick Bradford.

Did he? I'll have to check that later.

SM

SM

Yeah, it's later in the book after the outbreak, Anne is wondering about using the Onager and sees Dione, Cale and Russell/ Bradford talking in a corner.

Mind you this about 8 days before the comics start.  It's hard to imagine a stack of people lasting that long considering the pacing of the book.  I assume continuity in timing and names didn't quite gel between the two.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Aug 26, 2015, 12:20:54 PM
Yeah, it's later in the book after the outbreak, Anne is wondering about using the Onager and sees Dione, Cale and Russell/ Bradford talking in a corner.

Do you remember if he is introduced correctly during the meeting?

Quote from: SM on Aug 26, 2015, 12:20:54 PM
Mind you this about 8 days before the comics start.  It's hard to imagine a stack of people lasting that long considering the pacing of the book.  I assume continuity in timing and names didn't quite gel between the two.

If I remember rightly Fire and Stone has them leaving the colony a week before River of Pain has the shit hit the fan.

Perfect-Organism

I would really love to see Den Beauvais do an adaptation of River of Pain, and maybe a new adaptation of Aliens for the 30th anniversary of Aliens...

Corporal Hicks

Beauvais needs to come back for something. Something big and grand. 

Perfect-Organism

Beauvais is actually fairly easily accessible.  I've communicated with him on potential independent projects in the past.  I think he has a great interest in the world of 3-D animation, which he is very good at.  The problem is that the market is super-saturated with people who are very good in this art.  I do not see any significant distinction between his work, and the work of other 3-D artists once we are talking about that high end animation.  In truth, his unique artistic sensibility tends to get washed out in 3-D animation because the medium is so "cold" with no room for interpretation.  When Den Beauvais was doing his airbrush work on Aliens, he was THE BEST because his sensibilities actually shined through.  I hope he recognizes how valuable comic book work has become these days and gives it another try.  He was miles above his peers.

Corporal Hicks

Does he not do comic work any more?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Not a 100% sure.  Maybe AVPGalaxy could interview him?  Easy to contact.

http://www.denbeauvais.com/

SM

SM

I don't have the book in front of me, but it's obvious it's meant to be the same person.  Anne wonders about the Onager, then notices the other three talking in the corner and she wonders if they're thinking the same thing. She may even overhear them.  Can't remember.

QuoteIf I remember rightly Fire and Stone has them leaving the colony a week before River of Pain has the shit hit the fan.

River of Pain ends on June 26.
Fire & Stone starts on July 3.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Aug 26, 2015, 09:52:22 PM

I don't have the book in front of me, but it's obvious it's meant to be the same person.  Anne wonders about the Onager, then notices the other three talking in the corner and she wonders if they're thinking the same thing. She may even overhear them.  Can't remember.

I believe Russell is introduced well before that. In a meeting between all the heads. I haven't read the book since the first time so I'm not 100%. I'll have to have a flick through if I get chance.

QuoteIf I remember rightly Fire and Stone has them leaving the colony a week before River of Pain has the shit hit the fan.

River of Pain ends on June 26.
Fire & Stone starts on July 3.

Fair enough - got that the wrong way around.  :laugh: And nice, you've moved already?

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 26, 2015, 05:06:01 PM
Not a 100% sure.  Maybe AVPGalaxy could interview him?  Easy to contact.

http://www.denbeauvais.com/

Maybe. I've got my plate pretty full at the minute - with stuff to do for the site and personal life - but it has been something I've intended to do for a while.

The big one.

SM

SM

Noice.

Perfect-Organism

I'm actually getting super stoked about this.  After re-reading the Prometheus and Aliens books from this series, I'm discovering a whole new appreciation for F a S.  it's a great read as comics go.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed