Scott says "Covenant is about mortality and immortality!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Dec 31, 2016, 12:13:06 AM

Author
Scott says "Covenant is about mortality and immortality!! (Read 33,659 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote The man who kickstarted the Alien franchise lifts the lid on the latest installment.

Ridley Scott is back in the director's chair for his third Alien film - and he's described Covenant as a "joining up" of 2012's Prometheus and the 1979 original.

Scott told Digital Spy that Covenant - out May 19, 2017 - is a "multi-layered" tale "with some great characters".

"I saw Alien finally succumb after four films, then they also did Alien vs. Predator, after which I thought, 'Uh-oh, that's it' - but then I waited a couple of years, I went back and decided to resurrect it," he explained.

"No-one actually asked where they came from in the three subsequent movies, which is kind of ridiculous," he said. "That's why good writers are good writers, because they'll ask a basic question like that and make that into a scenario.

"So we did Prometheus - that heaved it off the ground - and Covenant is a follow-through to Prometheus. So we now know who created this, and why, and the next one's a joining up of the storyline. It touches on mortality, immortality and the real question of who created us and why."

Scott told us that both Prometheus and Covenant were inspired by his own beliefs and speculation on the origins of the human race.

"We're not just a random biological accident," he insisted. "For you and I to be sitting here right now [by accident] would take trillions of correct decisions to be made randomly by nature, which of course is ridiculous.

"I think there's some kind of decision being made. I believe in a higher force - if we want to call it God, then it's God."

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/alien/news/a817799/alien-covenant-prometheus-sequel-ridley-scott-spoilers/

BishopShouldGo

"Who created US and why."

Music to my ears. There was too much talk about who created the XENOMORPHS and not enough about HUMANITY.

thexenomorph

Now that's what I want to hear!!!! :)

Enoch

Very intriguing.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Thanks Himmel. I'll get this posted.

windebieste

It wouldn't surprise me if, once all is over, it turns out that the real aliens in Scott's Universe are us.

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

Thank the almighty; I love what I'm hearing.

So first off, the engineers made the alien and they made it to wipe us the f**k out.

Also I have no problems with him wanting to make the creation of the human race an act of another being. This is a story after all about what could be out there. I mean hell, you never know right.

Enoch

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 31, 2016, 12:21:17 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if, once all is over, it turns out that the real aliens in Scott's Universe are us.

-Windebieste.

Indeed.

Pvt. Himmel

whiterabbit

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 31, 2016, 12:29:26 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Dec 31, 2016, 12:21:17 AM

-Windebieste.

Indeed.
I'm not to sure about that. I mean something or someone created us from Engineer dna. Scott straight up states that much. How would that make us alien to this universe? Unless some other-realm being is our true creator.

In any case he says A:Covenant will show us our creator and why we were created. Which actually now that I think about it, taking what he says literally, then that means the engineers are not our creator. They are simply the Alien's creator.

Enoch

4chan guy said we ll not going to learn anything new about Engineers
or about those philosophical questions and Ridley now says we
actually will learn something new... ??? :P ???

That 4chan guy made me very confused.

whiterabbit

The 4chan guy was bs, the crashed juggernaut is enough proof of that.

Enoch

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 31, 2016, 12:38:47 AM
The 4chan guy was bs, the crashed juggernaut is enough proof of that.

Hear, hear!

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Hmm. So Ridley is saying the "next one" as in the film he makes AFTER Covenant? That would mean Covenant isn't touching on mortality and immortality and who created us, right? It would be the third film that joins the storylines together?

thexenomorph

Also makes me think Peter Weyland will play a bigger role than expected given the immortality part.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed