Anyone watch Football? NFL that is :)

Started by Nostromo, Aug 24, 2016, 10:36:13 AM

Author
Anyone watch Football? NFL that is :) (Read 29,099 times)

Kimarhi

Not if they put it in Louisville.   L'S DOWN

Rankles75

Giants' QB Eli Manning is announcing his retirement on Friday. Never his biggest fan, but he beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl so he can't be all bad... :)

The Raiders are now officially the Las Vegas Raiders, which just doesn't sound right to me.

Local Trouble

Lots of Raiders fans in SoCal.  They'll actually make road trips to Vegas to see the home games.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jan 23, 2020, 05:09:57 AM
Giants' QB Eli Manning is announcing his retirement on Friday. Never his biggest fan, but he beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl so he can't be all bad... :)

Eli's numbers were never spectacular in those Super Bowls. Yet I guess they didn't know who else to give the MVP to.

255 yards / 2 TDs / 1 INT / 55.88%

296 yards / 1 TDs / 0 INT / 75%

Rankles75

Kyle Shanahan chokes again! Happy for the Chiefs, they've always been one of my more liked teams, but the 49ers really should have had that.

Voodoo Magic

Patrick Mahomes was looking really bad for roughly the first three quarters, but then the miracle man pulled it out!  I'm really happy for all those Chiefs fans that started wondering if they'd ever see a championship in their lifetime. Really happy for Andy Reid too. If it wasn't for Andy, Nick Foles would have still been retired, Coach Dougie P. would still be a High School coach, and the Eagles would have never won their first Super Bowl!  Congrats Andy!

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I'm a lifelong Steelers fan but the NFL in its current state is unwatchable.

Rankles75

Here we go again! 4 months of more pain and misery as a Jets fan...

Rankles75

And that was about as painful as it gets. :(

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Rankles75 on Sep 13, 2020, 04:30:53 PM
Here we go again! 4 months of more pain and misery as a Jets fan...

I know the feeling, as I'm a Redskins fan...oh wait, I mean Washington.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 24, 2016, 10:36:13 AM
Or play fantasy football. That stuff is addictive :)

No NFL but I catch the odd game of rugby and play a game called Bloodbowl that is literally fantasy football.

Spoiler
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 14, 2020, 07:31:26 PM
Bloodbowl

Always been curious about this. As a kid I was super into a board game called Battleball, which seems to me like a very, very simplified Bloodbowl.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 14, 2020, 08:17:05 PM
Bloodbowl

Always been curious about this. As a kid I was super into a board game called Battleball, which seems to me like a very, very simplified Bloodbowl.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71JGzdiVSZL._AC_SL1034_.jpg

Looks like it pretty much is. Incidentally, that ad has a 2003 copyright, which is about when GW stopped making the original Bloodbowl. It was re-released with updated rules and much nicer models a few years back - I imagine the gameplay would be suspiciously similar between the two, but the real joy of BB is league play rather than one off matches.

Rankles75

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 24, 2016, 10:36:13 AM
Or play fantasy football. That stuff is addictive :)

No NFL but I catch the odd game of rugby and play a game called Bloodbowl that is literally fantasy football.

Spoiler
[close]

Love Bloodbowl (Underworld Creepers rule!). Used to send ideas for it to it's creator Jervis Johnson years ago, ended up getting tickets to the Golden Demon awards sent to me for one of them. :)

SM

SM

I remember playing Bloodbowl about 30 odd years ago.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed