Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 60,989 times)

JokersWarPig

That explains the weird looking pulse rife and the '86 style armor but with the plate carrier looking pouch set up

Samhain13

Huh. So more places being full of aliens set between Alien and Aliens.

Ultramorph

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 13, 2019, 09:14:22 PM
That explains the weird looking pulse rife and the '86 style armor but with the plate carrier looking pouch set up

That's how Tristan drew them in Defiance iirc.

Samhain13

SM

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 13, 2019, 09:18:28 PM

Only if they've changed when this is going to take place.

Local Trouble

In this age of constant reboots, why don't they just leave Alien 3 alone and ignore AR instead?  It sounds like that's what they really want to do.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2019, 10:16:15 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 13, 2019, 09:18:28 PM

Only if they've changed when this is going to take place.

Now that's nice. So I might be getting a post-Alien 3 story... wait hope you don't mean set before Alien or between Aliens and Alien 3.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 13, 2019, 10:32:12 PM
In this age of constant reboots, why don't they just leave Alien 3 alone and ignore AR instead?  It sounds like that's what they really want to do.

I might be able to tolerate Olivia more if her story ignores the "aliens have been dead for 200 years" thing from AR.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 13, 2019, 11:08:04 PM

I might be able to tolerate Olivia more if her story ignores the "aliens have been dead for 200 years" thing from AR.

The entire franchise would be tolerable if it ignored the "aliens have been dead for 200 years" thing from AR.

Samhain13

Oh, so we can agree at least on one thing.

tyrannosaurusjones

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 13, 2019, 09:14:22 PM

If you've read Defiance you know already that I draw my marines that way all the time.

That's also an NSG 23 Assault Rifle. Weaponry is one of the things the ACM did well

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 13, 2019, 07:18:57 PM
Another ACM? Is Randy overseeing this?  ;D
Nope. Spencer is editing the series. The game is being overseen by zero Randy's.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 13, 2019, 07:18:57 PMThey preferred to make a "sequel" to Echo instead of one to The Cold Forge? Really?

Because Olivia has a role in the upcoming game, too.

SM

There is a plan to have ones cake and also eat it.

Samhain13

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jun 13, 2019, 11:41:25 PM
That's also an NSG 23 Assault Rifle. Weaponry is one of the things the ACM did well

And I thought I was imagining things. So the gun in the cover is the one from ACM.

The game is being overseen by zero Randy's.

Someone will be disappointed.  :laugh:

Because Olivia has a role in the upcoming game, too.

Not sure how I feel about this. Hated the character in Echo but want another game so much. Thanks for sharing the info.

SM

She'll be older in both.

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2019, 12:10:01 AM
She'll be older in both.

And my understanding is she's significantly older and barely in the game. It's something like 20 years between this and Echo, then another 30 between the game and this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed