Alien: Covenant in Upcoming Magazines

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 21, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant in Upcoming Magazines (Read 69,247 times)

Necronomicon II

Where they land probably won't be altered much CGI wise, sure it's recognisable but so is Iceland in Prometheus, Oblivion and Rogue One, they'll be more to it I'm sure, Scott did talk about "formidable" CGI after all.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Iceland in Prometheus wasn't really an issue, it was supposed to be ambiguous after all. It could have been primordial Earth or another planet. It's also not an instantly recognizable tourist location like Milford Sound.

Enoch

Its supposed to be a Paradise and Milford Sound is therefor ideal location
for filming such a scenery.

Feeds On Minds

The Covenant lands on earth lol

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteIts supposed to be a Paradise and Milford Sound is therefor ideal location
for filming such a scenery.

Except that anyone who has actually traveled around and seen a bit of the world (or even just picked-up a National Geographic) would immediately know it's Milford Sound. And for the rest there are gazillions of photographs on the web of that particular waterfall.

If it was the seventies or eighties then I could understand. Nowadays they have the means to radically and believably alter the environment.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 23, 2017, 05:07:41 PM

Except that anyone who has actually traveled around and seen a bit of the world (or even just picked-up a National Geographic) would immediately know it's Milford Sound. And for the rest there are gazillions of photographs on the web of that particular waterfall.

If it was the seventies or eighties then I could understand. Nowadays they have the means to radically and believably alter the environment.

You didnt complain about this "unaltered scenery":

Lake Quill, New Zealand

Comparison

And I presume they "radically and believably altered the environment" of this scene :):
Maybe they spent too much money on this one and couldnt spare on that you are
complaining about. Regardless, Milford Sound a beautiful place and doesnt need any alteration.
This is my opinion. Respect yours, as always.

Scene filmed in Australia, highly altered CGI scene.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 05:14:20 PM
You didnt complain about this "unaltered scenery":

I did. And it is unaltered.

QuoteAnd I presume they "radically and believably altered the environment" of this scene :):

Wasn't talking about that shot my dear.

Enoch

I was always fascinated with New Zealand and know pretty much all of those location on
Southern Island.

P.S. I said that the Lake Quill scene is unaltered, indeed, but you didnt complain about
that particular shoot. When complaining, complain fully. :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quotebut you didnt complain about
that particular shoot. When complaining, complain fully. :)

Oh, I did complain about it before. A full-on complaint. Totally.

Enoch

Yes, I altered my post just to better point things up.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

We'll see how things look when the film comes out. We may yet be surprised. Same team (MPC) doing the scenery as Prometheus and The Martian.

Enoch

MPC is pretty good. High expectations.

Stolen

I understand what bothers The Eighth Passenger.
But no matter, the place is so fantastic and cinematic. It has never been shown in a popular movie, so I don't see any harm.

Especially as we certainly havn't seen everything, I imagine the temple of engineers will be quite impressive to see in such place..

slipknotpredator

Same spot! :) gotta love NZ.

Ingwar

If I didn't know that these scene was shot in Milford Sound I wouldn't realise that while watching Covenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed