Scott says "Covenant is about mortality and immortality!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Dec 31, 2016, 12:13:06 AM

Author
Scott says "Covenant is about mortality and immortality!! (Read 34,183 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 31, 2016, 03:23:14 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 31, 2016, 03:01:37 PM
Quote"We're not just a random biological accident," he insisted. "For you and I to be sitting here right now [by accident] would take trillions of correct decisions to be made randomly by nature, which of course is ridiculous.
Damm Ridley is completely ignorant to how evolution works, he may know how to make movies but in regards for science he have the mental capacity of a 12 year old.

And how does the evolution work... enlighten us 12 year old guys?...

I always thought evolution is a PROCESS... and using analogy I deducted
that the process comes after the object upon that process takes effect... SO... explain how
Ridley is wrong wrong... There needs to be a life in order to have evolution, not other way around. Evolution
is not a process of creating life but a process of changing and transforming that life form or object, sometimes for
the better and sometimes not.

He should read Richard Dawkins.

Samhain13

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 31, 2016, 03:23:14 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 31, 2016, 03:01:37 PM
Quote"We're not just a random biological accident," he insisted. "For you and I to be sitting here right now [by accident] would take trillions of correct decisions to be made randomly by nature, which of course is ridiculous.
Damm Ridley is completely ignorant to how evolution works, he may know how to make movies but in regards for science he have the mental capacity of a 12 year old.

And how does the evolution work... enlighten us 12 year old guys?...

I always thought evolution is a PROCESS... and using analogy I deducted
that the process comes after the object upon that process takes effect... SO... explain how
Ridley is wrong... There needs to be a life in order to have evolution, not other way around. Evolution
is not a process of creating life but a process of changing and transforming that life form or object, sometimes for
the better and sometimes not.

Since googling seems too hard for you to do on your own, let me help:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
Ridley is wrong because he seems to think that evolution works by "accident".

rabidranger

Whether Scott is scientifically rigorous or not is kind of beside the point here. The important thing is the world he has created supports the idea that man was created by a higher power. The who is pretty much known. The why is still being explored.

Enoch

Enoch

You still do not make a difference between evolution and "creation" of life.
Abiogenesis is still a hypothesis.

rabidranger, Completely agree with you.

-----------------------

Even if that theories of Abiogenesis  are correct... again its still
unknown how matter came to be... Higgs boson, Higgs field,
Zero universe theory, Holographic theory...all this is still unclear.
Behind everything in universe stand some very intriguing force...
you may call it a knowledge. Some order within disorder.

There are certain triggers, causes leading from one stage to another...
That is pretty difficult to explain... With the religion everything has had
some cause (God), and religion gave us the answers to why questions (for what reason)...
With the appearance of science everything lost "that kind of causality" and became  "determined" by the laws of nature/physics/ evolution; but dont forget... its us who DISCOVERED THAT!!! Those principles and postulated existed there  and look how intricate and well devised they are.  They "exist/work/have a certain pattern" or measure and therefore there is certain causality in all that...or perhaps everything we see or seem is just a dream within a dream and everything is a projection of NOTHING).. who knows what will the future disciplines discover. Science just provide us with HOW answers... so scientist are just an interpreters or discoverers of nature and nothing more. They will never succeed to discover the origin of everything because of their methods.. Maybe the understanding of terms cause, causality, order, creation , life and existence are still too primitive and human mind therefore cant understand the "meaning" hovering somewhere in the mysterious void. I think there is grand "meaning" behind the mystery of universe/existence/life/being....

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 31, 2016, 01:04:04 AM
However the guy says that David bombs Paradise in the opening... well it looks quite clear that the Juggernaut crash lands instead. Something he entirely omitted because he never saw the film. I thought it true at first because I thought Hicks knew someone who saw the rough cut but that was incorrect information. What Ridley's telling us and what that person said isn't adding up.

The 4chan guy did say that the Juggernaut crashed:

Spoiler
Quote from: The 4chan guyWhen David first tells the crew of Covenant what happened to Shaw, he claims she died when the Jockey ship crashed on the planet. Later we find out David killed her or exposed her to black goo for testing.
[close]

Enoch

Yes, he did... :D

Leaks are true...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So what happened? What made you change your mind after I've been hitting my head against a brick wall for so long?  :laugh:

BishopShouldGo

Spoilers, guys! Spoilers in a non-spoiler thread.

thexenomorph

Even if the leaks are true, they don't disconfirm that there isn't anything about immortality in the movie.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Sorry Bishop, fixed mine. I think the other guys just didn't believe them, that's why they didn't bother spoiler tagging 'em.

Enoch

Enoch

I m sorry about your head... :) :laugh: I was really stubborn and opposed to cope with the state of affairs. I simply received
several confirmations from two different people I previously asked. Someone who was really close to the Engineer scene. ;) Obviously there is still a small possibility that every of them fooled me but... that chances are now very tiny, because their statements are pretty identical. I even received a description of some other scenes but I wont share that here. (one scene was provided by Sagardoa and other two by some other source I cant name. Those scenes completely fit with everything other we know or have seen in trailer. ) This movie is pretty spoiled already... My God, this is the most spoiled movie ever. :(

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Hahaha... cool, now we can agree with each other for a change!  :laugh:

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 31, 2016, 05:03:33 PM
Hahaha... cool, now we can agree with each other for a change!  :laugh:

Hallelujah!!! :laugh:

Enoch

Enoch

:laugh:

I think this movie will be great for the majority of audience (it ll earn some serious money and thats why studios suddenly change the release date), and will have some food for thoughts also (for us who always want to see that). But I m still unsure how will those hardcore Alien fans react to this one... I dont think they ll be satisfied. I dont thin I ll be entirely satisfied. :)

Ridley was pushed to play Covenant in safe mode, obviously.
I just hope its not played out too safe...

juxtapose

hardcore alien fans are a difficult crowd to please. . Cause we don't neccesarily want the exact same thing. .from what i have gathered so far . . I definately am feeling very happy. .but it won't apease everyone. . Tho i think it will be better received than prometheus. .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed